There's 0 counterplay or punishment for mounted archers killing horses and running away.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
member that time you had heavy armor on your horse and a mounted archer no-skill spammed it with 55 damage arrows every 1.5 seconds as your dogshit mounted magery healed the horse for 30 every 2.2 seconds? i member. Member when he went gray for 2 minutes and ran away on his horse and that was his "penalty?" I member.

1) you can't heal through it
2) there's literally no point in buying horse armor for solo play, it only helps in PvE or delays the inevitable mounted archer death in PVP
3) they just run away after killing your horse and you can't do anything about it
4) the only "counter" is to play a mounted archer too and shoot first.

some of the worst game design i've ever seen in my life

and before you say "hurr dur no skill u suck git gud" i literally zig-zagged between trees healing the horse and then after he killed it (because y'know, arrows do twice as much damage as healing can output for some reason) I hit his horse with a fulminate and flamestrike and he just runs away. What could I have done better? Nothing I could've done outside of rolling a mounted archer and shooting first would've changed the outcome.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
member that time you had heavy armor on your horse and a mounted archer no-skill spammed it with 55 damage arrows every 1.5 seconds as your dogshit mounted magery healed the horse for 30 every 2.2 seconds? i member. Member when he went gray for 2 minutes and ran away on his horse and that was his "penalty?" I member.

1) you can't heal through it
2) there's literally no point in buying horse armor for solo play, it only helps in PvE or delays the inevitable mounted archer death in PVP
3) they just run away after killing your horse and you can't do anything about it
4) the only "counter" is to play a mounted archer too and shoot first.

some of the worst game design i've ever seen in my life

and before you say "hurr dur no skill u suck git gud" i literally zig-zagged between trees healing the horse and then after he killed it (because y'know, arrows do twice as much damage as healing can output for some reason) I hit his horse with a fulminate and flamestrike and he just runs away. What could I have done better? Nothing I could've done outside of rolling a mounted archer and shooting first would've changed the outcome.
Pretty sure cast time is doubled on horse back

Reactions: Atom

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Shoot there horse? If ur on food U do more dmg than them with longbows if your on horse you do same dmg so both horses should die. If they stop shooting it horse to heal just keep shooting it and it will die

• Haha
Reactions: C3ncio

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Shoot there horse? If ur on food U do more dmg than them with longbows if your on horse you do same dmg so both horses should die. If they stop shooting it horse to heal just keep shooting it and it will die
so everyone should be an archer because archer is the only way to counter archer, sweet.

Reactions: tal0s and Dramonis

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
so everyone should be an archer because archer is the only way to counter archer, sweet.
Every foot fighter should spend the 100 points for archery because there is very little to no reason not too. And the benefits being able to pull a bow out while on foot are immeasurable.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Every foot fighter should spend the 100 points for archery because there is very little to no reason not too. And the benefits being able to pull a bow out while on foot are immeasurable.
as a mage. If 100% of the player base is supposed to use a bow then thats a whole new take on classless system. in my opinion if you want some ranged capability then the choice should be bow or magery not all bow.

edit: I'm not saying a mage on foot cant kill a horse im saying MM is complete dogshit compared to MA

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
News flash pretty much everyone is cause in only 100 or 200 point extra depending if you want mounted archer don't count controlled riding since everyone gets that for there mounted combat

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
I agree complete dogshit design
i agree i think there should be like 700 points in each skill tree tbh wouldnt mind seeing like a clade tree for weapons too so u get like 5 clade point but there 10 things you can pick per weapon this include active skill and passive

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Mounted Gameplay will never be realistic as long as the Zoology damage is in the game. I have kleede scales heavy armor, or what ever tf its called. 32 piercing protection, Level 125 Desert horse. It gets 3 tapped by a long bow.

TAKE OUT ZOOLOGY DAMAGE FOR FUCK SAKES! There is no point in investing in a level 125horse when it gets kill with armor, Just as fast as a level 30 with no armor.
So fucking dumb. Zoology should not give any Bonus damage! For the love of God please take out Zoology damage!

Reactions: Atom and Calcal

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Mages to extremely well against mounted, even solo. You do 1.4 times the damage with equine lore which makes outburst do 40s. Fulms and Tlashes end up bear 80s. Usually takes 3-4 spells to mercy a horse.

You dont need archery skills to do very good damage with a long bow. On my melee I have 0 archery but still doing 80s on naked horses with a 104 long bow. Against armor its 35-40s

You have lots of deterents to mounted but it is annoying for them to fight foot players due to longbows and for foor players to fight them due to mounted being able to run from every fight to reset.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
a lot of you are not getting the point. "get off your horse"

You get off the horse, the horse still dies and they can run away much easier. I swear the people against this run in zergs or never fight.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
Mages to extremely well against mounted, even solo. You do 1.4 times the damage with equine lore which makes outburst do 40s. Fulms and Tlashes end up bear 80s. Usually takes 3-4 spells to mercy a horse.

You dont need archery skills to do very good damage with a long bow. On my melee I have 0 archery but still doing 80s on naked horses with a 104 long bow. Against armor its 35-40s

You have lots of deterents to mounted but it is annoying for them to fight foot players due to longbows and for foor players to fight them due to mounted being able to run from every fight to reset.

what mounted archer is getting in range of your thunderlashes, flamestrikes, or fulminations? Your outburst is outranged by bows and deals less dps, therefore your only real option is to dismount, hide behind your horse in heavy armor, and spam it with heals and hope they run out of arrows before you run out of calamine or mana.

Even if you're a fatmage, dismounted, and your outbursts are hitting for 40 damage that's still 8 outbursts to kill a level 100 horse. Your horse will have long been dead to arrows before you do that.

Reactions: Atom and Calcal

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
Even if your horse is lvl125 and wearing the best steel armor in the game they can simply sit at 5000 range and shoot your slow ass horse until it's dead. As I said before, there is no counter to it other than using a bow yourself. Having every build be required to use a bow and shoot first for solo pvp is terrible game design.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
a lot of you are not getting the point. "get off your horse"

You get off the horse, the horse still dies and they can run away much easier. I swear the people against this run in zergs or never fight.
Yeah fr, Also the only option to fight back shouldnt be Get off your horse. A MA should shit his pants if he sees a lancer. Thats just how it should be.

Reactions: CrgHck