the ban policy does not protect the user base and causes unnecessary fear and intimidation by moderation staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
About the list, its the prime example of people should have control over what THEIR PERSONAL list is, and be allowed to adapt it and change it as they see fit, personally, my list would have very few words, and not words you would think they would be. But the game doesn't let me have control over what's offensive to me, I have to use what's offensive to them, or im shit out of luck.

I'm talking about universal offensiveness. Words deemed 'bad.' If you say those words, you're dumb and you deserve a ban. If those words just slip out of your mouth, maybe you are in fact bigoted or something. Dunno. Doesn't really matter. I don't think those sort of words have as much effect as some of the things you WOULDN'T get banned for that you can say, but that's another story. Point being IF you are spamming those words or IF you are making it your only goal in game to harass a person or people, why should you stay on? You would prol need to consult a therapist for general life reformation.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
I'm talking about universal offensiveness. Words deemed 'bad.' If you say those words, you're dumb and you deserve a ban. If those words just slip out of your mouth, maybe you are in fact bigoted or something. Dunno. Doesn't really matter. I don't think those sort of words have as much effect as some of the things you WOULDN'T get banned for that you can say, but that's another story. Point being IF you are spamming those words or IF you are making it your only goal in game to harass a person or people, why should you stay on? You would prol need to consult a therapist for general life reformation.

this is intent.
bad word is bad by your definition no intent needed. put them on your list so you never see them.
bad word is bad by my definition no intent needed. put them on my list so i never see them.

universal offensiveness is what you think it is, remember lots of compelled speech on the internet and silence of free speech.
you don't realize how large the quiet majority is who disagree with you on what's offensive, we aren't allowed to speak freely, think about that.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Exactly right, great thing about that is TOS is made by SV. Same people who wrote literally say they reserve the right to change it whenever they want for any reason. =] Im suggesting they do just that, and make some changes to the TOS. It's not the law, and its not written in stone.
The thing is, the list of changes you wanted ("immediately", I might add) is not a good way to start your proposal.

It's essentially advocating for close to zero consequences for bad actors and then declaring all rule violations to be adjudicated by the playerbase.

On top of that, calling for the immediate firing of the CM (who is a SV employee) by a vote from the community is not something that any mmorpg studio or any company would do as far as I know.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
The thing is, the list of changes you wanted ("immediately", I might add) is not a good way to start your proposal.

It's essentially advocating for close to zero consequences for bad actors and then declaring all rule violations to be adjudicated by the playerbase.
its an open discussion. its a zero tolerance for bad actors in positions of power (mods/admins). its a position of compassion for the player base.

On top of that, calling for the immediate firing of the CM (who is a SV employee) by a vote from the community is not something that any mmorpg studio would do as far as I know.
you should do some research then.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
The real world does not work like that.

Could you name a company that would implement what you're advocating?
im glad we both understand this aint the real world. im talking about changing rules in a video game on the internet that shows some compassion to people who are being intimidated and banned ; ) same page, good progress.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
A hardcore game doesn't mean it should make being a socially inept degenerate an acceptable way to behave or speak. The hardcore aspect is game design & mechanics, not an open forum for people to say and do what ever they feel. Yes it's an adult game, yes adult language is said - But we don't really need more man children in their mid 20s to late 30s blurting out abuse and slurs like no tomorrow, already is enough of that. Moderation can be overzealous at times, but the MO community is an aneurysm & a half, so I can see why some might escalate things further than they should. Though there should be a standard that is upheld and moderation not following this should be held accountable.

It kind of sounds like you should join the unofficial discord so you can act they way you want with basically no repercussions, but based on the content of this post, safe to say you're there already lol

tldr; I don't need this game lowering my braincell count more than it already does.

Reactions: Amadman

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
A hardcore game doesn't mean it should make being a socially inept degenerate an acceptable way to behave or speak. The hardcore aspect is game design & mechanics, not an open forum for people to say and do what ever they feel. Yes it's an adult game, yes adult language is said - But we don't really need more man children in their mid 20s to late 30s blurting out abuse and slurs like no tomorrow, already is enough of that. Moderation can be overzealous at times, but the MO community is an aneurysm & a half, so I can see why some might escalate things further than they should. Though there should be a standard that is upheld and moderation not following this should be held accountable.

It kind of sounds like you should join the unofficial discord so you can act they way you want with basically no repercussions, but based on the content of this post, safe to say you're there already lol

tldr; I don't need this game lowering my braincell count more than it already does.
how do you know anybody is speaking like that if you mute/ignore/silence those people. how does them speaking influence you at all when you can't hear or see it? You've lost me if you think controlling someone's speech you never hear/see has an impact on you. its the internet, you control that variable. its a game, you control that variable.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
how do you know anybody is speaking like that if you mute/ignore/silence those people. how does them speaking influence you at all when you can't hear or see it? You've lost me if you think controlling someone's speech you never hear/see has an impact on you. its the internet, you control that variable. its a game, you control that variable.
The internet and being a game is not a free pass to act how you want and say what you want. The free speech excuse to act like a muppet is not a valid excuse to act without consequence. Or you know, let out all that edge in the unofficial discord, literally what it's there for.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
The internet and being a game is not a free pass to act how you want and say what you want. The free speech excuse to act like a muppet is not a valid excuse to act without consequence. Or you know, let out all that edge in the unofficial discord, literally what it's there for.
Im keen to not stop people from letting out their inner radical. If you believe what im advocating for is something extremist and radical, you may want to reflect on your views and beliefs. But don't project your extremism onto my in-good-faith requests. If you think free speech means pushing the envelope to trigger as many as you can, that is your interpretation, the interpretation of what I would call a radical. Im advocating for punishment, keep in mind, a better punishment, im advocating for transparency, you know because you would like to immediately go to the extreme ends, but im focused on the middle ground of favoritism and abuse of the system to benefit a group.

im not here to change your mind, if you think freedom of speech means extremism and abuse, that's your belief, and im not here to convert you or your beliefs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Yeah, I think people take it the wrong way. It's really more like EXTREME SPORTS than fucking GRIEF SIM. Grief can happen, but it's just playing the game.

I still don't understand the concept, which tbh it and the INCESSANT WHINING about not losing this restriction have damaged the game multiple times, that people believe because it's a sandbox open pvp game that they should be able to do whatever the fuck they want. I'm sure some people legit rationalize cheating by that, too.

It's hardcore (lol tho in many ways not so much anymore, but it can be, people are too bored to take it there atm) because of how the game is set up. Play the fucking game and you will never have to worry about the TOS, bet. You can even talk shit. I talk mad shit lol. Have fun. It's a game. It's supposed to be like 'real' in that way, but people who try to make it 'real' in the 'other way' are fucking weird, IMO. That is toxicity, and I will repent of this as a sorcerer myself, but a lot of these dudes, 'the toxic people' are trying to take you to a world that you don't really wanna go to. That's like their idea of what a sandbox pvp game is. I am not saying that the world can't stand SOME of those type of people, because it is an interesting dynamic... but then we end up with people getting hard doxxed, FBs, you know... it's not really worth it, in the end.

It's like... TLDR: It's a hardcore game, play hard. ascii shrug.

PS: I'm not scared of the mods. Some mods have given me BITCH ASS VIOLATIONS just to be anal, but that's cool. If people put that on my acct, we are def gonna have a long talk about that.

I just think this is over some shit that prol happened in help chat, and I don't even wanna be here anymore. :eek:

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Yeah, I think people take it the wrong way. It's really more like EXTREME SPORTS than fucking GRIEF SIM. Grief can happen, but it's just playing the game.

I still don't understand the concept, which tbh it and the INCESSANT WHINING about not losing this restriction have damaged the game multiple times, that people believe because it's a sandbox open pvp game that they should be able to do whatever the fuck they want. I'm sure some people legit rationalize cheating by that, too.

It's hardcore (lol tho in many ways not so much anymore, but it can be, people are too bored to take it there atm) because of how the game is set up. Play the fucking game and you will never have to worry about the TOS, bet. You can even talk shit. I talk mad shit lol. Have fun. It's a game. It's supposed to be like 'real' in that way, but people who try to make it 'real' in the 'other way' are fucking weird, IMO. That is toxicity, and I will repent of this as a sorcerer myself, but a lot of these dudes, 'the toxic people' are trying to take you to a world that you don't really wanna go to. That's like their idea of what a sandbox pvp game is. I am not saying that the world can't stand SOME of those type of people, because it is an interesting dynamic... but then we end up with people getting hard doxxed, FBs, you know... it's not really worth it, in the end.

It's like... TLDR: It's a hardcore game, play hard. ascii shrug.

PS: I'm not scared of the mods. Some mods have given me BITCH ASS VIOLATIONS just to be anal, but that's cool. If people put that on my acct, we are def gonna have a long talk about that.

I just think this is over some shit that prol happened in help chat, and I don't even wanna be here anymore. :eek:

i disabled help chat the first minute i was in the server. same with my voice chat. i very very rarely type and don't respond to people. yet...i get punished for my twitch streams on their discord? off platform policing, how many strikes am i accruing for what terrible rules or objective...i don't know, the system is messed up.

edit: i did this because im afraid to speak or type in fear i get banned or harassed by mods

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
i disabled help chat the first minute i was in the server. same with my voice chat. i very very rarely type and don't respond to people. yet...i get punished for my twitch streams on their discord? off platform policing, how many strikes am i accruing for what terrible rules or objective...i don't know, the system is messed up.

edit: i did this because im afraid to speak or type in fear i get banned or harassed by mods

if that's the issue, then why bring it here?

I am associated with neither and I rescind my previous posts! I speak for neither twitch nor SV. Sounds like some shit, but I dunno the details. Good luck, sorry lol.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I do think getting banned for 3 days for typing the R word is excessive. A 3 day chat ban sure

Xalir

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2022
This is not a constructive thread. It is being locked, but before I do, we do not have a 3 strike system. You are given 7 chances to adhere to the established rules on discord and the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.