the ban policy does not protect the user base and causes unnecessary fear and intimidation by moderation staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
the 3 strike system is a tool of abuse.
the intimidation by moderation to keep discussions private causes fear in the community and makes for a dangerous environment for the player base.

Immediate changes to the discipline system.
1. unlimited warnings for offenses that don't result in immediate bans
2. mute durations never to exceed 48hrs, less than 10% of the time
3. ban durations never to exceed 48hrs, less than 10% of the time
4. All moderation staff actions and disciplinary actions happen in a transparent manner so that the player base can decide if appropriate action was taken
5. Compelled speech to remain silent and not disclose moderation actions or moderation discussion equals immediate removal of moderators/admins involved.
6. Permanent bans cannot happen from toxicity, speech, trolling, harassment, admin/mod abuse, and better tools that allow for players to control their safety implemented
-this includes more robust ignore features, ability to hide names, guild names, pet names, create personalized chat filters
-if an admin feels unsafe to handle a situation then another admin will be called to handle it

This is a game, if someone's words are offensive to you, it is your responsibility to control the exposure, its the internet, ignore/mute those people. If players actions are within the boundaries and mechanisms in the game mod/admins will not work for you to silence/control/ban those people.

Its a hardcore PvP open world MMO.
be hardcore or shut the fuck up.

Vote for immediate removal of Robmo as CM.
Immediate investigation and removal of abusive moderation/admin team members.

-thank you, twitch.tv/xjustinjx
this will be posted in area's outside the reach of the Mortal Online 2 moderation team as the compelled speech and silencing of community members is out of hand here.

Bring freedom of expression and speech to Mortal Online 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackdstripper

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
6. Permanent bans cannot happen from toxicity, speech, trolling, harassment, admin/mod abuse, and better tools that allow for players to control their safety implemented
-this includes more robust ignore features, ability to hide names, guild names, pet names, create personalized chat filters
-if an admin feels unsafe to handle a situation then another admin will be called to handle it

This is a game, if someone's words are offensive to you, it is your responsibility to control the exposure, its the internet, ignore/mute those people. If players actions are within the boundaries and mechanisms in the game mod/admins will not work for you to silence/control/ban those people.

Bring freedom of expression and speech to Mortal Online 2.

I think there can be a line. I would be fine without the line, but I think a line is good for the game. I think being banned for toxicity is gg. If people aren't even playing the game and just being toxic, that's fuckin weird. Get em out of here.

And trust me if you mute someone who is toxic they will just work harder to be toxic in other ways. You can't know FOR SURE if people are trying to play the game or just being an asshole all the time, so it's tough, but there are def cases where it's obvious, and as much as I stand up for free speech absolute, I also stand up for people who are getting attacked unduly on video games. In general, but yeah... nothin is lost by kicking out the people who are truly toxic. Unfort, a lot of the people who might say the trigger words and get strikes are just overzealous shit talkers. But if you are really harassing someone... all you really need is a line to someone... so you could be living in the same town or whatever, in the GY, whatever... and could be really messing w/ someone's life. Sometimes it's funny cuz some people who act hardcore are getting trolled hard, but in the end, they are still victims of toxicity.

But w/ the current game pop... I'd estimate there are prol less than 50 people max that are toxic enough to actually ban. And I bet the game would be better without them. Where's the mind-reading device :eek: Toxic people are obv bad for game health. Remember to draw the line between toxic and annoying or w/e. Def think the strike system is weird, but I do think moderation needs to be consistent, and it should be long-term enough to weed out repeat offenders. Over a couple of months, you should be able to tell if someone is truly toxic or not. And yea you can be good and be toxic. You can be a huge factor and still be toxic. lol. Being toxic is a big deal tho... I mean, the word TOXIC. It's been memed cuz net, but you don't want any toxicity in your sandbox - ph test -

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
I think there can be a line. I would be fine without the line, but I think a line is good for the game. I think being banned for toxicity is gg. If people aren't even playing the game and just being toxic, that's fuckin weird. Get em out of here.

And trust me if you mute someone who is toxic they will just work harder to be toxic in other ways. You can't know FOR SURE if people are trying to play the game or just being an asshole all the time, so it's tough, but there are def cases where it's obvious, and as much as I stand up for free speech absolute, I also stand up for people who are getting attacked unduly on video games. In general, but yeah... nothin is lost by kicking out the people who are truly toxic. Unfort, a lot of the people who might say the trigger words and get strikes are just overzealous shit talkers. But if you are really harassing someone... all you really need is a line to someone... so you could be living in the same town or whatever, in the GY, whatever... and could be really messing w/ someone's life. Sometimes it's funny cuz some people who act hardcore are getting trolled hard, but in the end, they are still victims of toxicity.

But w/ the current game pop... I'd estimate there are prol less than 50 people max that are toxic enough to actually ban. And I bet the game would be better without them. Where's the mind-reading device :eek: Toxic people are obv bad for game health. Remember to draw the line between toxic and annoying or w/e. Def think the strike system is weird, but I do think moderation needs to be consistent, and it should be long-term enough to weed out repeat offenders. Over a couple of months, you should be able to tell if someone is truly toxic or not. And yea you can be good and be toxic. You can be a huge factor and still be toxic. lol. Being toxic is a big deal tho... I mean, the word TOXIC. It's been memed cuz net, but you don't want any toxicity in your sandbox - ph test -

the admins are the ones who are not playing the game and being toxic, so i totally agree with you they should be removed and replaced, zero tolerance for toxicity and abuse from admins/moderators of the game.

giving people the option to express themselves freely leads to people being less passive aggressive and you're right, tend to not be toxic in other ways. if people who are offended simply mute/ignore these people no harm really done, its when you start banning / muting / warning these people they tend to have to take that toxicity somewhere else.

if you think removing individuals permanently because you disagree with them is correct, you are the problem. i am sorry, whats offensive and toxic to you is not whats offensive and toxic to me. speak for yourself in those reguards, i for one am not easily offended, spent a lot of time in the oil field, theres nothing you can say to hurt my feelings or offend me that i don't know how to take care of myself.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
the admins are the ones who are not playing the game and being toxic, so i totally agree with you they should be removed and replaced, zero tolerance for toxicity and abuse from admins/moderators of the game.

If that is verifiable, then I agree. TBH it sounds kinda salty and biased tho!

I'm not the problem! I don't disagree w/ people. If I disagree too harshly with someone, I just stop talking to them. I'm just talking about overall game health. I've played sum games and people def have had meta toxicity in each one, and the stakes are way higher in MO2 than say LEEG or some other game.

Like I said, it's been overused, but toxic is something you DO NOT WANT. You DO NOT WANT a toxic culture at work, you do not want a toxic meal, you do not want to be in a sandbox with toxic people. Now, yea, you can bust their ass, and what you think of as toxic might not be the same as other people, but there are def behaviors that should not be allowed. Moderation allows for more lax rules. Sure, bias sucks, but IMO more rules suck even more! Imagine a MO where they could ban people for being truly toxic, then add open pvp and no parcel system. None of the guard rails they added to clamp down on toxicity... just MORTAL. And then hopefully level-headed mods to make decisions on when people stepped over the line.

I haven't found many truly toxic people. Some people have rage moments, and that's NORMAL-ish. However, nah, I don't think you should be able to say whatever, esp if it's words that YOU KNOW are gonna get you banned. I mean like TRIGGER WORDS. They should really list them, but WE KNOW THE LIST.

But yes, in every thing I can think of, there is an overarching 'ok now you're just being toxic, time to go,' whether you're at fakn MAC-donalds or the Oscars. I don't really understand why people think cuz it's a game that it should be different.

Edit: also

"i am sorry, whats offensive and toxic to you is not whats offensive and toxic to me. speak for yourself in those reguards, i for one am not easily offended, spent a lot of time in the oil field, theres nothing you can say to hurt my feelings or offend me that i don't know how to take care of myself."

use that energy for good! I didn't need to stay in any oil fields, I was on the net in the 90s ;) I think we're mixing stuff up, tho, I mean some foul shit has happened in MO history that was DEF toxic. Don't underestimate people's toxicity. Even somewhere like Alaska or Canada iceburgs where you are almost completely alone, if someone was too toxic, their behavior would eventually get out and they would be removed. There is a basic level of human decency. You are talking about what offends you, but you sound offended already. You are offended by other people's offense!

Why not just be like heh and move on?

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
If that is verifiable, then I agree. TBH it sounds kinda salty and biased tho!

I'm not the problem! I don't disagree w/ people. If I disagree too harshly with someone, I just stop talking to them. I'm just talking about overall game health. I've played sum games and people def have had meta toxicity in each one, and the stakes are way higher in MO2 than say LEEG or some other game.

Like I said, it's been overused, but toxic is something you DO NOT WANT. You DO NOT WANT a toxic culture at work, you do not want a toxic meal, you do not want to be in a sandbox with toxic people. Now, yea, you can bust their ass, and what you think of as toxic might not be the same as other people, but there are def behaviors that should not be allowed. Moderation allows for more lax rules. Sure, bias sucks, but IMO more rules suck even more! Imagine a MO where they could ban people for being truly toxic, then add open pvp and no parcel system. None of the guard rails they added to clamp down on toxicity... just MORTAL. And then hopefully level-headed mods to make decisions on when people stepped over the line.

I haven't found many truly toxic people. Some people have rage moments, and that's NORMAL-ish. However, nah, I don't think you should be able to say whatever, esp if it's words that YOU KNOW are gonna get you banned. I mean like TRIGGER WORDS. They should really list them, but WE KNOW THE LIST.

But yes, in every thing I can think of, there is an overarching 'ok now you're just being toxic, time to go,' whether you're at fakn MAC-donalds or the Oscars. I don't really understand why people think cuz it's a game that it should be different.

you don't want the option to control toxicity around you removed. the environment you describe is in your own head and your own version of toxicity. its not mine. if you take action for everyone to combat toxicity, you're doing it in your terms not mine. im responsible for what is and is not toxic around me whenever i choose for it to be or not be. i don't need anybody to control that, i need tools to control it myself. this game doesn't offer those tools and instead offers its own version of enforcement, that is not doing a good job.

I think the reality of the situation is a healthier environment for us both is achievable, even though we may view what is healthy very very differently, and that's the important part.

im more for combating action that creates harm for all, duping for example, its an action 1 person takes to harm all players, hacking, an action 1 person takes to harm everyone person encountered and undermine the integrity of the system for all. the toxic environment you find yourself in and view to be from someone else, its not the same, the environment is gone when you ignore/mute them. this is the separation im seeking.

and then you have the actions of moderation/admins, that can create harm and inspire fear and paranoia and undermine the integrity of the game by punishing some and favoring others, all while impelling us to not speak of their actions without fear of repercussion.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
About the list, its the prime example of people should have control over what THEIR PERSONAL list is, and be allowed to adapt it and change it as they see fit, personally, my list would have very few words, and not words you would think they would be. But the game doesn't let me have control over what's offensive to me, I have to use what's offensive to them, or im shit out of luck.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Edit: also

"i am sorry, whats offensive and toxic to you is not whats offensive and toxic to me. speak for yourself in those reguards, i for one am not easily offended, spent a lot of time in the oil field, theres nothing you can say to hurt my feelings or offend me that i don't know how to take care of myself."

use that energy for good! I didn't need to stay in any oil fields, I was on the net in the 90s ;) I think we're mixing stuff up, tho, I mean some foul shit has happened in MO history that was DEF toxic. Don't underestimate people's toxicity. Even somewhere like Alaska or Canada iceburgs where you are almost completely alone, if someone was too toxic, their behavior would eventually get out and they would be removed. There is a basic level of human decency. You are talking about what offends you, but you sound offended already. You are offended by other people's offense!

Why not just be like heh and move on?
I want to play this game, and I see something I think should be changed. I don't feel safe playing this game, I'm afraid to speak, im afraid to talk to people and speak freely behind closed doors. Moderation and admin abuse is rampant here and cannot be discussed, off platform policing with the aid of rats recording conversations and screenshotting conversations to report you and punish you on other platforms. its a mess. Other people are afraid too. I've already been banned for off platform policing because of my twitch channel, which has nothing to do with MO2.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
People forget that when they signed up for an account to play this game, they also bound themselves to follow the Terms of Service, End User License Agreement and Code of Conduct.

That means whether they're aware of it or not, whether they personally agree with it or not, they have to follow those rules if they want to continue to have access to the game.

Part of that means SV sets the rules and we the players are obligated to abide by those rules, or they reserve the right to remove us at any time at their discretion.

As much as I am for open dialogue and freedom of speech, this isn't the US. We're like guests in SV's house and playing MO2 is a privilege, not a right.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
People forget that when they signed up for an account to play this game, they also bound themselves to follow the Terms of Service, End User License Agreement and Code of Conduct.

That means whether they're aware of it or not, whether they personally agree with it or not, they have to follow those rules if they want to continue to have access to the game.

Part of that means SV sets the rules and we the players are obligated to abide by the rules, or they reserve the right to remove us at any time at their discretion.

As much as I am for open dialogue and freedom of speech, this isn't the US. We're like guests in SV's house and playing MO2 is a privilege, not a right.
Exactly right, great thing about that is TOS is made by SV. Same people who wrote literally say they reserve the right to change it whenever they want for any reason. =] Im suggesting they do just that, and make some changes to the TOS. It's not the law, and its not written in stone.

cybin

Oct 16, 2022
Sorry, as far as I understand....

You basically say that you're so tough and everybody has to be that too, to play this game. This is ridiculous, and fortunately, you're not in charge here.

Another thing you claim is, if people are free to be toxic in one way, they will be less toxic in another way. I guess you're too optimistic, because reality proofs the opposite.

This is a competitive game, true. But every sports event is competitive too. Imagine how a sports event would look like, if everybody is free to do what ever they want to do. I guess, it would be kind of funny, but would lead back into dark centuries of humankind. It's a matter of respect and manner.

TL;DR I'm happy about harsh consequences for people behaving worse like everydays a**holes.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Exactly right, great thing about that is TOS is made by SV. Same people who wrote literally say they reserve the right to change it whenever they want for any reason. =] Im suggesting they do just that, and make some changes to the TOS. It's not the law, and its not written in stone.
also, i said freedom of expression and speech, its different, freedom of speech is some lame argumentative shit people use in 2022 as a strawman

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Sorry, as far as I understand....

You basically say that you're so tough and everybody has to be that too, to play this game. This is ridiculous, and fortunately, you're not in charge here.

Another thing you claim is, if people are free to be toxic in one way, they will be less toxic in another way. I guess you're too optimistic, because reality proofs the opposite.

This is a competitive game, true. But every sports event is competitive too. Imagine how a sports event would look like, if everybody is free to do what ever they want to do. I guess, it would be kind of funny, but would lead back into dark centuries of humankind. It's a matter of respect and manner.

TL;DR I'm happy about harsh consequences for people behaving worse like everydays a**holes.
but only behaving in the manner you perceive to be a**holes, and with the consequences you deem appropriate for the actions you perceive to be a**holes...so as long as you're not affected and those you dislike disappear you're totally fine...gotcha.

also, you don't comprehend what im saying obviously by your distillment. that is okay though, you'd still be safe with these changes.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Take your own advice buddy.

This isnt a republic or a public space. You are in someone else's house, and they make the rules. you can follow the rules or get the f out.

Arrogant and entitled kids theses days….
or i can say theres something wrong with the rules, because its less like a house, more like a venue, a venue i paid to get into, and as a consumer im asking they change the rules because theres some people in here who are making the venue really unsafe to be in.

get your analogies correct at least, sheesh

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Immediate changes to the discipline system.
I am against it. Try to ban someone in reality who offenses you. You can do it only with a knife.
There is an option to turn the voice chat off if you do not want to hear these talking monkeys.

cybin

Oct 16, 2022
or i can say theres something wrong with the rules, because its less like a house, more like a venue, a venue i paid to get into, and as a consumer im asking they change the rules because theres some people in here who are making the venue really unsafe to be in.

get your analogies correct at least, sheesh
So the a**hole is the victim for facing their consequences..... I see.... funny point of view.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
How would that be a warning then?

The whole point is to show that those actions could lead to something bad if it is continued.

If someone can not figure it out after 3 strikes then they probably never will.

Exactly, hardcore players need to except the consequences of their own actions.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
How would that be a warning then?

The whole point is to show that those actions could lead to something bad if it is continued.

If someone can not figure it out after 3 strikes then they probably never will.

how would it be a warning then, in the same vein they have a warning system now. you'd use warns for the same offenses you would ban/mute them for up to 48hrs, except you'd warn them as much as necessary and use bans/mutes for persistence, what im saying is, right now people can do very minor thing to accrue offenses then get perm banned. this is the manipulation that's occurring. also, the point is they don't have to figure it out after 3 offenses, we are talking about minor stuff here, you don't throw people away because they do the same minor thing wrong.

we need better tools to control what we see and hear in game to avoid the manipulation and toxic corruption that exists in the moderation/admin of this game, especially if the future is to be big and bright which we all hope for.

edit: we all hardcore here

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022

Amadman I know you from yt, nice to meet you, sir!

In the UK there is a £1000 fee for littering. But the rubbish is everywhere. Is it the fault of the people or the government?
People are most idiots so it seems it's the fault of the government.

My horse has been killed just for fun because I am a fresh starter. I like the rules, I accept hardcore rules, but the game does not give me tools to defend myself (the gear-based game) OR murderers cannot face the consequences and can do what they want to with impunity.

In reality, they would do the same, but they are afraid of the police. That's the only reason they do not kill you for your wallet, too often:)

Reactions: Amadman

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Amadman I know you from yt, nice to meet you, sir!

In the UK there is a £1000 fee for littering. But the rubbish is everywhere. Is it the fault of the people or the government?
People are most idiots so it seems it's the fault of the government.

My horse has been killed just for fun because I am a fresh starter. I like the rules, I accept hardcore rules, but the game does not give me tools to defend myself (the gear-based game) OR murderers cannot face the consequences and can do what they want to with impunity.

In reality, they would do the same, but they are afraid of the police. That's the only reason they do not kill you for your wallet, too often:)

its widely known punishment is not a deterrent of crime. while punishment and fear are close they are not the same. I won't explain this deeply here but I would suggest you read on it a little, its nice psychology, a hobby of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.