Stuck at 0 scribing.

Eladrielwen

Dec 6, 2021
I lowered my scribing skill to 0.
Now I have no way to raise it back up in order to have a chance to scribe new spells.
I have bought lesser healing again, but it wont let me re-scribe it, to raise my skill.
The button is greyed out for scribing the res spell I have, saying 0% chance..
I cannot find a scribing book anywhere, so I am stuck.
Any solutions?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I don't know if this applies to your situation, but if Scribing is a primary skill or a nested secondary skill, it may be that your primary skill pool is depleted. Or that one or more of the parent skills are locked or set to decrease.

It is also possible that the skill is simply bugged.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
It was learnable when I tried it, I just scribed Spurt (available on the Magic Vendor) into my own spellbook and it unlocked it. When you right click the scroll it opens up the scribing menu.

There *is* a hitch at 71 skill points where you can’t use vendor scrolls anymore because none bridge that gap of 71-75.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Eladrielwen

Dec 6, 2021
Yes I checked all those. They are set to + and I have sp. The issue is it is at 0. I cant even get a chance to scribe to fail to increase the skill by failure at 0, as it will not let me scribe at all. Even when the spell say 0-25% chance. Therefor there is no active way and no passive way to raise the skill. Meaning for now, it is stuck at 0. Therefor I am unable to add any new spell ever.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I believe there is an issue that once you drop a skill you can’t relevel it with ease

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
the issue is there is no book to level it passively and the OP cannot scribe anything with 0 skill, having no chance of leveling up actively. that is an overlook on the part of the developers

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
Yes I checked all those. They are set to + and I have sp. The issue is it is at 0. I cant even get a chance to scribe to fail to increase the skill by failure at 0, as it will not let me scribe at all. Even when the spell say 0-25% chance. Therefor there is no active way and no passive way to raise the skill. Meaning for now, it is stuck at 0. Therefor I am unable to add any new spell ever.
Ahh sorry, I'd missed that part of the OP somehow about you having lowered the skill to that. I really don't know what the solution is though. Like others have said, we need a scribing book.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Ahh sorry, I'd missed that part of the OP somehow about you having lowered the skill to that. I really don't know what the solution is though. Like others have said, we need a scribing book.
The traditional resort for losing the ability to re-raise a skill is to PM & ask a (The Lead) GM to reset it for you. No idea if that works at this late date, but

Callo

Jan 27, 2022
@OG
I lowered my scribing skill to 0.
Now I have no way to raise it back up in order to have a chance to scribe new spells.
I have bought lesser healing again, but it wont let me re-scribe it, to raise my skill.
The button is greyed out for scribing the res spell I have, saying 0% chance..
I cannot find a scribing book anywhere, so I am stuck.
Any solutions?

Did you find a resolution to this issue?