Stop. Talking. About. Persistence.

Saphirix

Mar 21, 2021
I don't see how any of theses "Estimates / timetables would matter at all?

They are working on developing the game, beta is available for them to test the feature and receive feedback for the ones that want to contribute.
The beta can be open for a year if they want to, nothing wrong with that.

We are waiting for persistence and it will get released when they feel that the game is the right state, which may also vary from week to week.
They cannot know how long each bug or feature takes to fix/develop.

I check in on the game once a week to see if there have been any patches, and then I go back to other games / hobbies. Simple as that.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

I check in on the game once a week to see if there have been any patches, and then I go back to other games / hobbies. Simple as that.

The last line explains the first. A lot of us are main-gaming this at this point. And us doing so is invaluable to the testing process. For those of us main-gaming it, transparency is huge.

As someone else said should we gather 3 months of mats, or 3 days?

A common question I hear from members of my guild "Should I reroll and try ____ build, or will they be wiping so soon it doesn't matter?"

If we had their best projections, it would help us make decisions that keep the game more fun for us. And mark my words, if everyone main-gaming it now were to lose interest and drift to other games, the game would die. We are the core of the game.

Saphirix

Mar 21, 2021
The last line explains the first. A lot of us are main-gaming this at this point. And us doing so is invaluable to the testing process. For those of us main-gaming it, transparency is huge.

As someone else said should we gather 3 months of mats, or 3 days?

A common question I hear from members of my guild "Should I reroll and try ____ build, or will they be wiping so soon it doesn't matter?"

If we had their best projections, it would help us make decisions that keep the game more fun for us. And mark my words, if everyone main-gaming it now were to lose interest and drift to other games, the game would die. We are the core of the game.
You have a point there, but I feel that the main point of a beta is to try to find bugs, and exploit the game, so that we can have a great product at the end. The team SV now has is a lot bigger than back in the MO1 days, so I expect things to move along quite quickly.

Reactions: Xunila and Hagz

Myrothas McMillan

Mar 29, 2021
I hope persistance gets added way later down the line. If they would release the game very soon, they have to stick with no wipes, which makes adding to the economy and balancing things nearly impossible. I rather have Alpha/Beta until 2023, than having another MO1 type of development.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

They are working on developing the game, beta is available for them to test the feature and receive feedback for the ones that want to contribute.
The beta can be open for a year if they want to, nothing wrong with that.

We are waiting for persistence and it will get released when they feel that the game is the right state, which may also vary from week to week.
They cannot know how long each bug or feature takes to fix/develop.

Agreed. We are still just testing here.

When patches come out many players will come and test the new stuff.

Playing the game regular can still be helpful to the process. But it is mostly just a bonus from being involved in testing.

I think SV does communicate. Granted, not much here on the forums :(. But Henrik does stream for hours almost weekly and both him and seb are pretty accessible on Discord.

That is far from the dead silence that often comes from games in development (Including MO1 at times). Though they could do better on the forums and such. At the very least they should be checking in on the feedback and suggestions regularly.

Jan 23, 2021
I would guess that at the moment the dev team is still analyzing all the data from the stress test, including looking for ways some 'testers' had found to exploit existing systems and comparing that data against reports filed by legitimate testers/players.

From a content perspective, I had thought it was mentioned that only 1/10th of the content from MO1 was in MO2 at this point. Obviously broken systems should be fixed, but since I'm not able to compare the two versions and have an evidence supported opinion on when it should happen, let me ask here. What percentage of content do you feel MO2 should have from MO1 to justify a persistence launch?

Taurus

Apr 25, 2021
Was thinking about making a thread stating this, but saw this one. This game should not be in Beta, but in Alpha-testing.
There's so much that's incomplete and lacking content, will be waiting at least 6 months before coming back and testing. Happy to help the project, but don't go rushing into persistence, or even closed beta really, when the game is so far from being done. It's way off still.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Was thinking about making a thread stating this, but saw this one. This game should not be in Beta, but in Alpha-testing.
There's so much that's incomplete and lacking content, will be waiting at least 6 months before coming back and testing. Happy to help the project, but don't go rushing into persistence, or even closed beta really, when the game is so far from being done. It's way off still.

In waterfall development terms it's still alpha. The line is very blurry in agile development, though. They'll go for an MVP to release and then build upon that.

Taurus

Apr 25, 2021
In waterfall development terms it's still alpha. The line is very blurry in agile development, though. They'll go for an MVP to release and then build upon that.

Yeah, I just got a bit worried seeing people thinking that persistence should be somewhere close. I'd be much happier if it's more polished before that, the game has enormous potential! Just read in an interview that they've got content up their sleeves though, tested and ready to roll out, so who knows after all. Looking forward too see the game take shape!

Jan 23, 2021

Completely agree. Bugs will always exist and I think SV has been doing a pretty good job on squashing them. Which is why I was curious as to how much content (percentage wise) folks would want in before a persistence launch.

Lolshaze

Apr 3, 2021

This!
I actually jumped on this game as I saw it is already on Beta (meaning that everything is developed for release) and now its time for bug fixing...boy was I disappointed.