Stop. Talking. About. Persistence.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
The game is in no way ready for persistence, there are massive gaps in content and even larger issues with so many important systems being bare-bones or non-existent.

Stop asking about persistence, stop begging for a release date, and stop begging for all sorts of new mechanics when the current ones are not even working properly yet.

We need to chill out, report bugs/issues, and let them work step-by-step so that we get a good game release. Things can be and are quite frustrating, I am not immune to this reaction either. I am however calm enough to realize that flooding them with requests for a release date/persistence will make it more likely that we get a crappy un-finished game. Again, I just ask that you calm yourselves down and think about this seriously. What will get you the game you were promised?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
if so many people ask for when persistance is, it means maybe that the game is not so much in "massive gaps in content and even larger issues with so many important systems being bare-bones or non-existent "
Disagree. People are just impatient. if they release now there will be massive duping and exploiting by the few non lifers that have figured out how. The rest will get fed up with the bugs, imbalance and SV inability to fix things quickly and will leave. It will be MO1 launch all over again and it will plague MO2 for the rest of its days. Game isn’t ready. Give it 6 moths to year at minimum.

Reactions: Khyro and Takehitsu

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
Disagree. People are just impatient. if they release now there will be massive duping and exploiting by the few non lifers that have figured out how. The rest will get fed up with the bugs, imbalance and SV inability to fix things quickly and will leave. It will be MO1 launch all over again and it will plague MO2 for the rest of its days. Game isn’t ready. Give it 6 moths to year at minimum.

No way they push this game that far. The seven unfortunte souls that henrik has enslaved to work on his game are prob on minimal wage, and stuck eatting generic canned ravaoli. They want to upgrade to name brands, and by god do they deserve it!

Takehitsu

Mar 22, 2021
I agree in no way is this ready for persistence.

Unlike with MO1, Mo2 has direct competition so releasing it in its current or near current state will result in the complete end for Star Vault and mortal. This should be explained to Developers as well.

Reactions: Ghuton

Dronegan

Apr 6, 2021
I agree game is far from persistence. The little content that is even in the game now needs alot of tweaking.

The crafting system looked amazing. Then you realize the whole bowcrafting system is all around crepite.
Only thing that mathers is how much crepite you use together with X amount of other material and you will have the best bows.
Was expecting more depth to it, but was thinking that its not just in the game yet.
So i googled how it was in MO1 and it was exactly the same. Sliders really dont do that much.

This game has SO much potential SO MUCH! Going persistence in the near future can be a huge mistake.
At the same time i dont know i SV has so much choice. Running low on cash and shareholders expecting news of persistance and steam release.
Game is already delayed, and new stocks were issued a few months ago to keep the development running.
Henrik said 4 000 sold copies would be breakeven for the game, but that was when release was expected in 2020.

Think we might see persistance pretty soon and the game on sale for early access on steam. How it will go from there no one knows.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

Takehitsu

Mar 22, 2021
What competition? I honestly don't know
With the way games have been progressing the Genre "Survival Game" has become very similar to Sandbox. This in term did two things it developed a much larger interested crowd but at the same time, it has developed competition. Another element to figure is other MMOs are being developed that are very very close to hardcore sandbox concepts. New World, Ashes of Creation and the list goes on. This means that if Mortal Online 2 does not have its core fundamentals in place to grab people in more securely than right now people will play for a few days and leave in an attempt to find the game that was promised.

Keeping this in mind Mortal 1 is currently more appealing in terms of content and actual motivation for people to have goals in what they want to do. A game as complex as this needs three core systems in place. PVE, This needs to be solid in terms of what is currently there is some but it's not a huge amount. This I am not worried about as SV is quickly adding and working on this. Economy/Crafting This is currently lacking there is barely if at all a Player economy in-game at the moment. This is honestly goal #1 or should be as without it a sandbox game doesn't even have flow. The third piece is goals for Guild and clans as well as individuals to work toward. This is easily in the form of territory Control, Keeps, and Housing. Without all three of these in place even if buggy Mortal 2 stands very little chance of retaining an audience. At least housing not particularly the territory control needs to be there. Why? It is simple at this current moment players are isolated to city functionality. This in terms of the individual is repressing their ability to explore the content, here is how: Guilds have only 1 action available. PVP. Where do you find your enemy? The other cities. City-wide Raids are currently the Only REAL content for guilds to participate in. This means your smaller groups of guilds and players are extremely hesitant to roll out of the cities. This also means your guilds have fully explored the current crafting systems and deadlocked their ability to move forward. This only leaves two actions left. PVP/Grief as the standard pvp starts to become just normal people get bored and look for reasons to start even more fights.

Without an economic system and something that gives everyone goals and the ability to be free of the cities this game (Which MO1 still rates my favorite of all time So I am Highly hopeful for MO2) Will not stand against the competitions being brought forth. The Survival groups will take them out in terms of building and freedom. The pvp in survival games will continue to be lacking so players will go to Mordhau or Mount and Blade for their pvp thirsts. The sad reality is there are things for people to fill the thirsts that Mortal satisfies. I will personally stick with Mortal asI am loyal to the genre for the experiences it has provided me are more fulfilling than any game anywhere. As a businessman however you have to look at the customers and the competition to evaluate what is necessary.

In conclusion, A few things are needed to make the game stand and if they push release without any one of those pieces the game and community will suffer.

Reactions: Khyro

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
With the end of the stress test on Sunday we can await a new roadmap next week and maybe even the date of the persistent state.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
With the way games have been progressing the Genre "Survival Game" has become very similar to Sandbox. This in term did two things it developed a much larger interested crowd but at the same time, it has developed competition. Another element to figure is other MMOs are being developed that are very very close to hardcore sandbox concepts. New World, Ashes of Creation and the list goes on. This means that if Mortal Online 2 does not have its core fundamentals in place to grab people in more securely than right now people will play for a few days and leave in an attempt to find the game that was promised.

Keeping this in mind Mortal 1 is currently more appealing in terms of content and actual motivation for people to have goals in what they want to do. A game as complex as this needs three core systems in place. PVE, This needs to be solid in terms of what is currently there is some but it's not a huge amount. This I am not worried about as SV is quickly adding and working on this. Economy/Crafting This is currently lacking there is barely if at all a Player economy in-game at the moment. This is honestly goal #1 or should be as without it a sandbox game doesn't even have flow. The third piece is goals for Guild and clans as well as individuals to work toward. This is easily in the form of territory Control, Keeps, and Housing. Without all three of these in place even if buggy Mortal 2 stands very little chance of retaining an audience. At least housing not particularly the territory control needs to be there. Why? It is simple at this current moment players are isolated to city functionality. This in terms of the individual is repressing their ability to explore the content, here is how: Guilds have only 1 action available. PVP. Where do you find your enemy? The other cities. City-wide Raids are currently the Only REAL content for guilds to participate in. This means your smaller groups of guilds and players are extremely hesitant to roll out of the cities. This also means your guilds have fully explored the current crafting systems and deadlocked their ability to move forward. This only leaves two actions left. PVP/Grief as the standard pvp starts to become just normal people get bored and look for reasons to start even more fights.

Without an economic system and something that gives everyone goals and the ability to be free of the cities this game (Which MO1 still rates my favorite of all time So I am Highly hopeful for MO2) Will not stand against the competitions being brought forth. The Survival groups will take them out in terms of building and freedom. The pvp in survival games will continue to be lacking so players will go to Mordhau or Mount and Blade for their pvp thirsts. The sad reality is there are things for people to fill the thirsts that Mortal satisfies. I will personally stick with Mortal asI am loyal to the genre for the experiences it has provided me are more fulfilling than any game anywhere. As a businessman however you have to look at the customers and the competition to evaluate what is necessary.

In conclusion, A few things are needed to make the game stand and if they push release without any one of those pieces the game and community will suffer.
Lol neither of those games are even close. Ashes of creation has a pvp flag to turn on or off. New world is faction pvp.

If you can't spot the differences I don't know what to tell you.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The issue with needing a release date is when I joined in November-ish, that date was January. Then it got pushed back to March, now it is TBD.

So since I got here 6 months ago, the release date has been moved to 2 months away, to silence.

Personally, I agree with them pushing the goalpost. The game was in NO way ready to launch in either January or March. But given how much they were teasing release at this point I'm not sure whether to be expecting persistent next month, or next year. The fact we're 4 months past the original goal, and weeks past the secondary goal, tells me it could be any day now. The state of the game tells me next year.

I'm fully fine with them pushing it back to next year if they need to. What bothers me is the fact it could happen fairly immediately and I don't know what kind of timeline to plan around. Entire guilds might rise, live, and die before persistent. Or, we should be making our final preparations for the all-out rush.

I would be fine with:

A. Some kind of indication of if we are talking days, weeks, or months.
B. Some kind indication on what features we are waiting on before persistent so we can use them as a realistic metric of how far off persistent is.

I'm fine with anything but silence. I might have been ok with silence if I hadn't already told guildies "The game is coming out at the end of this month". But given I have based on their word, I want answers now.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The only games that really were sort of competing in mortal's genre was Darkfall and more recently LiF. Both of who are dead.

The only one that is even in development at the moment is Chronicles of Elyria and everyone know what a joke that is.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The only games that really were sort of competing in mortal's genre was Darkfall and more recently LiF. Both of who are dead.

The only one that is even in development at the moment is Chronicles of Elyria and everyone know what a joke that is.

Crowfall and Star Citizen also have a lot of appeal to the same target audience. Crowfall is not doing super hot last I heard but I haven't checked up on it myself recently. Star Citizen is looking great but we have no idea when it will release.

Then again, that's something it shares in common with MO2 right now.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Star citizen is sort of too futuristic too and is sort of a bit different all together. But I guess its the closest that we got.

Didn't think about Crowfall, maybe but IMO that game is more like a full loot Age of Conan(closest combat system in an mmo to crowfall I can think of), not sure if it really invades the same market share as mortal.

But generally I think MO for now will have no problems due to competition. But a bad non-fun game is still a bad non-fun game, so they better work hard (/whip).