SPinning / twisty animation pvp bad

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
Any possible way to fix pvp where people FLIP MAX DPI spin mouse rapidly in random circles drop mouse DPI BACK then swing fight pvp

this korny style of pvp via animation spinning sword swacking is lame this is a deal braker for me its very korny and makes the game bad

please prevent this korny style of spinning in circles to pvp and weapon faint its bad this game a game ruining for most of us

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
dude was literally just spinning in circles with max mouse DPI and fainting and u cant see the animations at all

so bad shit
cant play if this is what the pvp is in this game such a bad deal breaker too its a shame

its so korny and fake it ruins the game

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well it wasnt super common dude to risk IRL but spins are in martial arts including hema and other fighting styles.

For game play if you remove the spin fients ect. then you just have a boring back and forth where every attacked is blocked. they cant increase the speeds to make it a reaction time centered game because of the ping issue of mortal.

Most people saying its looks silly ect. dont know what real hema is anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I would personally prefer the terrible prediction system of MO1 over the spin bullshit in the game right now. Whether people argue if there is skill in it or not, it looks bad and feels bad and is just a solution to Star Vaults terrible design choices.

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
I agree, the spinning is incredibly corny. Reminds me of playing Jedi Outcast 100 years ago and everyone would have a bind to max their sensitivity during swings and spin 360 like 12 times per swing.

It's true that without the spinning you would basically never hit anyone in 1v1, but all the spinning does is turn the 4-way simon says game into a 4-way coin flip game. The melee combat just needs more depth. It needs some animation lock and stagger so that timing and spacing actually matters instead of gear and numbers. They have this whole precision weapon collision system, but spacing and timing of attacks are completely irrelevant and you just play simon-says. Maybe the precision system is just spoofed in PvP because it doesn't work with latency, idk.

Maybe you could do more damage and stagger if you are walking/standing when you swing. Making the spacing matter is going to require stagger / hit stun, imo. Right now a spear-user doesn't feel like he's hard to get it on, or like his reach is dangerous. Ideally the guaranteed parry would be removed completely.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
So since ppl are shit and dont want to learn the game, the game should get changed so they can compete? Thats basically what im getting here.

Also, if you need max DPI to be able to spin your camera around 360 degrees, then idunno what to tell you ur just shit at video games i guess or need to buy a new desk lmao.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
So since ppl are shit and dont want to learn the game, the game should get changed so they can compete? Thats basically what im getting here.

Also, if you need max DPI to be able to spin your camera around 360 degrees, then idunno what to tell you ur just shit at video games i guess or need to buy a new desk lmao.
Touchpad playing ass boomers

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Touchpad playing ass boomers

I never understood how kids can have such a hard time turning their camera. I play on 800 dpi with 18 ingame sens and have no problem.

I have a large dining table as a gaming desk tho cause im not poor so that might be it.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
I never understood how kids can have such a hard time turning their camera. I play on 800 dpi with 18 ingame sens and have no problem.

I have a large dining table as a gaming desk tho cause im not poor so that might be it.
They cope on their losses by taking some weird high ground of "it look stupid 0 realistic". Its human nature to avoid personal responsibility and most people are lazy fucks anyway who take the easy way out. Get psychologed kids.

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
LOL. You can clearly see that doing all that spinning is not without consequence, OP... maybe it should stay in.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Any possible way to fix pvp where people FLIP MAX DPI spin mouse rapidly in random circles drop mouse DPI BACK then swing fight pvp

this korny style of pvp via animation spinning sword swacking is lame this is a deal braker for me its very korny and makes the game bad

please prevent this korny style of spinning in circles to pvp and weapon faint its bad this game a game ruining for most of us

I hate it because spinning is not realistic... especially spinning one direction and swinging the opposite direction.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
OP, from your posts you seem like a newer player, thats 100% fine, let me explain a little something im strugling with as well.
In Mortal Online 2, there is no counter to Parry. Usually, in a videogame, you have a rock/paper/scissors way of fighting other players so that everything can actually be countered, and whether you lose or win a fight depends on you and you alone, you make mistakes? You lose.

In MO2, the only viable way for a fighter of at least average skill level to win against a similarly skilled individual is to spin around like a complete jackass.
This is because, if you do not spin, your enemy can see your animations clearly, and will just parry everything, its very easy once you get the hang of it, played the game 100 hours? you can basically block everything that's not a stupid spin.

The way forward is not to remove these spins though, not unless a proper mechanic would be implemented as a counter to Parry, Mordhau has a good solution, it provides a very tiny parry window, much smaller time than MO2 and if you parry at the wrong time, you get punished. THis only works because in Mordhau you play against people with similar ping, but in MO2 you cannot have this system, because you play against people globally.

It's quite a problem that I myself don't see a way out of. But i know for sure that removing spins would likely result in stale combat.

Reactions: actetto

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
spinny twisty bad, cant see animation, very korny pls halp Heinrik

wtb macro

Foundry

Feb 17, 2022
OP, from your posts you seem like a newer player, thats 100% fine, let me explain a little something im strugling with as well.
In Mortal Online 2, there is no counter to Parry. Usually, in a videogame, you have a rock/paper/scissors way of fighting other players so that everything can actually be countered, and whether you lose or win a fight depends on you and you alone, you make mistakes? You lose.

In MO2, the only viable way for a fighter of at least average skill level to win against a similarly skilled individual is to spin around like a complete jackass.
This is because, if you do not spin, your enemy can see your animations clearly, and will just parry everything, its very easy once you get the hang of it, played the game 100 hours? you can basically block everything that's not a stupid spin.

The way forward is not to remove these spins though, not unless a proper mechanic would be implemented as a counter to Parry, Mordhau has a good solution, it provides a very tiny parry window, much smaller time than MO2 and if you parry at the wrong time, you get punished. THis only works because in Mordhau you play against people with similar ping, but in MO2 you cannot have this system, because you play against people globally.

It's quite a problem that I myself don't see a way out of. But i know for sure that removing spins would likely result in stale combat.

None of this is true. You do not need to spin or morph your camera for viable PVP in this game. The people claim the spinning is a requirement are old M01 players who are still struggling to understand why no one considered M0 a competitive nor serious pvp game.

So instead of mastering feinting, these guys would rather bug out their animations for pvp, and call themselves good. Its a crutch, bad game design and is a joke, makes this game look like a JOKE. To people looking at it from the outside.

For every person claiming they cant get through a parry, or someone blocking. There are also "Elite PVP ballerina's" dying to risar commander and elite veterans , because they cant read feints very well.

Its like these people wish to eliminate real competition, and a proper skill ceiling, so they can get a dub. But to also make things easier for them as much as humanly possible, while claiming this is a hard core pvp game. Its a joke.