Small Elf Woman Brutally Abuses Bald, Slow Orc Men

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Hope SV doesn't see this. Their answer will be to give risars ranged weapons and knockdowns and then they won't be worth killing.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Yes risars need a better AI. Something like MK guards, If you are in the distance they shot with bow, if you are close they change with sword
I don't feel like the solution is to give everything in the entire game a ranged attack, that would just feel incredibly cheap for everyone. A lot of what you see me doing in this video, including backpedal meleeing them, is due in part to just being -really- fast and not using anything that gives stam penalties. When the dungeon fills out with more enemies -and- when it's very risky to be there alone because other players will kill you, doing silly stuff like this will be more tricky.

Reactions: Bernfred

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I don't feel like the solution is to give everything in the entire game a ranged attack, that would just feel incredibly cheap for everyone. A lot of what you see me doing in this video, including backpedal meleeing them, is due in part to just being -really- fast and not using anything that gives stam penalties. When the dungeon fills out with more enemies -and- when it's very risky to be there alone because other players will kill you, doing silly stuff like this will be more tricky.
The current auto aim ranged attacks feel cheap as hell. They might not shoot thru walls that much anymore (still do sometimes) but theres no way to dodge or counter play just try to run away. Its boring. If they shot actual projectiles that could be dodged then I wouldnt mind. If Darkfall 1 could do it in 2010 then why cant Henrik do it with his next gen AI on UE4-5?

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
The current auto aim ranged attacks feel cheap as hell. They might not shoot thru walls that much anymore (still do sometimes) but theres no way to dodge or counter play just try to run away. Its boring. If they shot actual projectiles that could be dodged then I wouldnt mind. If Darkfall 1 could do it in 2010 then why cant Henrik do it with his next gen AI on UE4-5?
its stated that the AI is basic, the attacks and everything will be changed. big wonder if there will only be these basic risars...

Reactions: Xunila

Khanate

Aug 4, 2020
If not add ranged attacks, then they should unaggro at that point when they cant reach you.

Agreed.

There are only two possible solutions and that is either range attack or deaggroing the player only to run back to it's original position. The second suggestion is still easily exploitable so a bow or rock tossing could work better.

I would also love to see the risars call for help from other risars close by, creating a horde of risars ready to tear the players a new hole.

It's always hard to balance and fix exploiting in a game like MO, and its better to use some easy solutions than spend countless of man hours trying to reinvent the wheel.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
They tried to fix this by adding ranged attacks in MO1, problem is that then they became more difficult to kill than they were worth.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
You should be able to cheese low level mobs. Its a full loot game if you die you’re probably gonna lose everything you got. Players are and should be more dangerous then any npc. Just make the bosses hard to cheese.

Reactions: Evelyn and Teknique

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
its stated that the AI is basic, the attacks and everything will be changed. big wonder if there will only be these basic risars...
Yeah right, they say the same shit in MO1. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Rorry

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
So many polygons just to be butchered by the shader . MO2 should have an epilepsy warning for this take on shadowmapping.