Server’s been taking a dump all day. Come on SV.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's stressful to not be able to log into MO esp when you dunno what is going on. I should "JOIN MO DISCORD," but I refuse!

Edit: I feel like to SV, DDOS = more than 2000 players logged in.

LM Asreal

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
The server has been undergoing ddos attacks. Sv is in talks with the server host to get it fixed as fast as possible. It's not easy stopping a ddos attack.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The server has been undergoing ddos attacks. Sv is in talks with the server host to get it fixed as fast as possible. It's not easy stopping a ddos attack.

appreciate the response, and while I am skeptical of the DDOS thing... the long... grueling, sometimes on sometimes off DDOS. I do know if it WERE a DDOS it would be hard to stop. However, I am extremely dissatisfied. This hearkens back to week 1-2 where I, yknow, quit the game for awhile. I feel like MO has become an even softer game with less human interaction (because it's less necessary, it's not like wanna come to the crusher w/ me RQ, for example,) and I've somewhat accepted that. I am not happy w/ most of the patch changes and direction, but I am happy that they are trying?

However, I have a patience problem. I have a routine. I can sub out routine items, but if I plan to have a coffee and play MO in the morning and I can't do that, it bothers me. I understand SV is a victim, either of an awful patch of a DDOS, but I feel like I'm reaching/have reached the limit of what I can deal with.

Like I said in another thread, maybe this one, the cardinal sin is not being able to log in. I can't log in... I played yesterday for awhile, tho. Didn't accomplish anything, just rode around until I fell into some huge bandit camp then I died after searching around (saw a dood before he saw me, chose to not engage, he came up behind GG) then abandoned my horse, went back, geared up, rode out again... ended up swimming to GK (This is how ridiculously I was climbing the mountains, the new no slide dmg is NUTS)... it doesn't matter, but in times of 'meh' with the game, I can find something to do. When the game doesn't log in, I feel like I should stop investing in it. Is there no timetable for when this is over?

As I say, please dispense an e-mail when this is taken care of!

LM Asreal

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Unfortunately it is not something we can predict when it will be fixed. A ddos can start and stop when ever the attacker wants. SV has been in contact with the host to try to fight it but there is only so much that can be done. It's sad people are ruining the enjoyment of others. I really wish I could tell you when it was going to be over. Hopefully it ends very soon so people can go back to enjoying them self.