Server’s been taking a dump all day. Come on SV.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I heard some insider source say that the pvp is opt-in only, if that's true then it has lost me already.

TBH, it's a damn shame there aren't any games that are decent. When I try to separate things out in my head, like what I want in a game... there are a lot of games I look at and say NAH, which is funny cuz I played MO1, the ultimate NAH game from ss/vid, but I want more of a world than SV is giving us right now. They are bending into a normal MMO... too much. Ashes of Creation was intriguing... is intriguing, but all those games are gonna be p2w I bet.

MO2 is p2w as well, esp now with extraction timer changes haha. But it's not as disgusting, at least you have to put in the effort.

Separate brokers w/ a low enough tax to profit is a great thing. So there is some economy; hauling stax is a great thing, pvp is good, usually. But like other than teasing people I knew from MO1 and asking them what they're doing now when I see them in town, I feel very much like the other people are BOTS more than people.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
It's confirmed across multiple sites, the devs aren't going to cater for the hardcore pvp crowd. It'll be a pass for me.
There is a bit of confusion surrounding PVP, as we have heard some contradictory statements. PVP is said to be Opt-In, but the method for Opting in is not known. At the same time, it was said that by leaving the safety of the Heartlands area and venturing further into the wilderness, players could be exposed to great dangers including PVP. The MMORPG Article also mentioned that certain zones have the laws lifted and PVP can happen. This could mean some sort of Karma system that is not enabled in certain zones. So it is not known whether Opt-in is via a flagging system or whether certain zones have PVP always on. The developers have stated that Opting-In to PVP will be made very clear to players. The developers want there to be Risk to Reward tied to the PVP system. They also want the PVP to be geared towards player politics, with the PVE more about adventuring. The developers are also confident that the system will please both PVE and PVP players.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
There is a bit of confusion surrounding PVP, as we have heard some contradictory statements. PVP is said to be Opt-In, but the method for Opting in is not known. At the same time, it was said that by leaving the safety of the Heartlands area and venturing further into the wilderness, players could be exposed to great dangers including PVP. The MMORPG Article also mentioned that certain zones have the laws lifted and PVP can happen. This could mean some sort of Karma system that is not enabled in certain zones. So it is not known whether Opt-in is via a flagging system or whether certain zones have PVP always on. The developers have stated that Opting-In to PVP will be made very clear to players. The developers want there to be Risk to Reward tied to the PVP system. They also want the PVP to be geared towards player politics, with the PVE more about adventuring. The developers are also confident that the system will please both PVE and PVP players.
We'll wait and see once the alpha opens for testers, if it is indeed similar to EVE or MO2 then it would be very good news.

But I also hope they would add thievery, it's kind of a logical extension to that risk versus reward mechanic.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

let us all appreciate an oykd post that consists of more than 5 words. :eek: MYMAN.

But yea re: jack, when you made this, I didn't know we were having a Mortal Free Weekend. haha. I did notice the server bugging out. I ran a bunch of stuff, too, I ran up until like 1 min on the timer and slid into the city. You know I'm getting rolled back.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I personally think this patch was a great success. Exceeded my expectations by a lot.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Way off topic guys. Please make a separate thread if you want to discuss Pax Dei.

This thread is meant for ridiculing SV on their latest debacle…i mean patch.
Well... since we can't play MO2 this thread has become somewhat of an outlet for us to just talk as a way to let off some steam from the withdraw. So in that sense, it is on-topic... 😆

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is how I feel. lol.
I personally think this patch was a great success. Exceeded my expectations by a lot.

First, I'd address this. Sarcasm is always possible, but let's assume you are serious. It could be good. I think they messed up in some of their changes, number like changes. Not really upset w/ content, cept moving casting was not the correct balance. HOWEVER,

I should make a new thread, but I'll do it here. THIS IS HOW I FEEL. SV is a jank company, more or less. They are not a small indie company. They are something below that. That's OK. haha. IT'S OK, SEB + ALL. A lot of the time it seems, though, that SV is the one violating your shit more than MO, because of MO's inherent problems. That they won't help is a big, big deal.

Sidestory: I got DC'D while running during this debacle. Say that 10x. But I lagged out, my horse disappeared, subbed a ticket under game mechanics. A bit passes... long enough. I'm did STUCK like the stuck button. P sure that triggers an alarm or something lool. Then I did ticket under STUCK which seems to be the one they answer most, regardless of problem. I was like I AM ON FOOT IN WILD AFTER DISCONNECTING. And they fixed it. I don't have a problem with being like that in that situation because I DON'T WANNA TAKE AN L TO THE GAME.

A lot of the time, we are taking a huge L to Mortal Online. If you count those times out... it's a pretty OK game in some aspects. There are enough aspects to make it playable, easily, for free.

There are, unfortunately, egregious violations. Usually they involve something outside of the Engine of MO, like a problem with SV's response or their hardware.

The most egregious violation of an MMO 'contract' is taking the server down. This is always true, but there are some times when stuff is SO fucking batshit that you have to, like they should have week1. SV seems to have had a bit too many of these moments, I think. They definitely need to employ someone who can work on the weekends. heh.

The second most is allowing said 'take the server down' moments to continue or allow massive abuse of in game mechanics before either catching on or actually punishing someone. They have done that a lot, too. Seems like almost every month that the game is active, there is some scandal like that. One or the other. That's a pretty heavy investment for MO. I mean, that's 2 strikes v 1. We can take the jank company if SV steps their game up. They were working their ass off when the server wasn't working in week1, but they should still be working their ass off because their game needs a lot of work.

Nobody here bought the game with the expectation that this is the final product.

Taking your servers down for the weekend is top top fail though. Esp if you can't get ahold of the geek squad on the weekend lol.

Edit: altho to be fair SV's shit coulda straight blew up loool. :eek:

Reactions: Teknique

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
This is how I feel. lol.

First, I'd address this. Sarcasm is always possible, but let's assume you are serious. It could be good. I think they messed up in some of their changes, number like changes. Not really upset w/ content, cept moving casting was not the correct balance. HOWEVER,

I should make a new thread, but I'll do it here. THIS IS HOW I FEEL. SV is a jank company, more or less. They are not a small indie company. They are something below that. That's OK. haha. IT'S OK, SEB + ALL. A lot of the time it seems, though, that SV is the one violating your shit more than MO, because of MO's inherent problems. That they won't help is a big, big deal.

Sidestory: I got DC'D while running during this debacle. Say that 10x. But I lagged out, my horse disappeared, subbed a ticket under game mechanics. A bit passes... long enough. I'm did STUCK like the stuck button. P sure that triggers an alarm or something lool. Then I did ticket under STUCK which seems to be the one they answer most, regardless of problem. I was like I AM ON FOOT IN WILD AFTER DISCONNECTING. And they fixed it. I don't have a problem with being like that in that situation because I DON'T WANNA TAKE AN L TO THE GAME.

A lot of the time, we are taking a huge L to Mortal Online. If you count those times out... it's a pretty OK game in some aspects. There are enough aspects to make it playable, easily, for free.

There are, unfortunately, egregious violations. Usually they involve something outside of the Engine of MO, like a problem with SV's response or their hardware.

The most egregious violation of an MMO 'contract' is taking the server down. This is always true, but there are some times when stuff is SO fucking batshit that you have to, like they should have week1. SV seems to have had a bit too many of these moments, I think. They definitely need to employ someone who can work on the weekends. heh.

The second most is allowing said 'take the server down' moments to continue or allow massive abuse of in game mechanics before either catching on or actually punishing someone. They have done that a lot, too. Seems like almost every month that the game is active, there is some scandal like that. One or the other. That's a pretty heavy investment for MO. I mean, that's 2 strikes v 1. We can take the jank company if SV steps their game up. They were working their ass off when the server wasn't working in week1, but they should still be working their ass off because their game needs a lot of work.

Nobody here bought the game with the expectation that this is the final product.

Taking your servers down for the weekend is top top fail though. Esp if you can't get ahold of the geek squad on the weekend lol.

Edit: altho to be fair SV's shit coulda straight blew up loool. :eek:
It was 100% sarcasm.

Couldn't agree more that SV is something below an indie company and that SV is the problem, not MO2 itself.

Like you say, any one individual failure is forgiveable. What we see however is a consistent failure to deliver or meet even the minimum threshold of competency.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

TrothGaringTon

Feb 20, 2023
How many times do we need to get a population boom until SV realizes they need to add an NA server that can support the player base? Game is literally unplayable for half the population currently. Not to mention that you're basically giving a free loot bag to any EU player if you try to melee fight them because of the ping difference. ZZZ

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
How many times do we need to get a population boom until SV realizes they need to add an NA server that can support the player base? Game is literally unplayable for half the population currently. Not to mention that you're basically giving a free loot bag to any EU player if you try to melee fight them because of the ping difference. ZZZ

I'm a German player with 1 GB/s fiber internet connection, and sometimes on the graveyard players are looting before I even see the lootbag. Those 50 or maybe 100 msec don't make the difference alone.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I'm a German player with 1 GB/s fiber internet connection, and sometimes on the graveyard players are looting before I even see the lootbag. Those 50 or maybe 100 msec don't make the difference alone.
Regardless of how good of an inernet you have the further away you are from the server the more of a delay you have on your screen. When reaction time is king (like parrying in melee combat) the less delay you have the easier it is to be good.
EU players have more time to see and react to weapon swings.
Regional servers are a must for a game like MO. But this is a completely different topic that frankly has been discussed for years and years now. Even now, that the server cannot handle all the people that could be playing, people argue against “splitting” the community. Much better that they dont play, than they play on a different server i guess.

Reactions: Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Regardless of how good of an inernet you have the further away you are from the server the more of a delay you have on your screen. When reaction time is king (like parrying in melee combat) the less delay you have the easier it is to be good.
EU players have more time to see and react to weapon swings.
Regional servers are a must for a game like MO. But this is a completely different topic that frankly has been discussed for years and years now. Even now, that the server cannot handle all the people that could be playing, people argue against “splitting” the community. Much better that they dont play, than they play on a different server i guess.

You an Aussie, ey? I always get you mixed up haha. Mixed up w/ all those NTC/FOR aussies, for some reason. I have good memory, I guess, but back that far it starts meshing together.

It's tuff, man, I like seeing the different tactics different areas employ. It's great to run up on people speaking wingdings half the time. It adds the the allure. It's not even about pop as much as it's about dunking people from other countries. Haha. The whole drama of that is REAL.

They need to find a better way to make the game run for 150~ ping. The game should not be ALL about reading swings and parrying. It might seem like you are skilling when you do it, and I don't doubt some people are parry virtuosos, but it's just bad gameplay, especially given the limitations. Since servers aren't changing, why not change the game?

I don't understand how it went from MO1, most people don't take blocking, to this... I do, but I don't understand why they keep it like this.

I just wanna get hits and move and such. If I lose a lot, o well. Eventually, even with lag, I'll figure it out. But if the game turns into some dance dance revolution shit for parries, I can't get down with that. I can't enjoy combat in a game that is 3d and basically nerfs a dimension thru parry.