Seriously why no NA server?? Big mistake..

Busa

Dec 7, 2021
yeah its hard for me to take game serious with no NA server.

I get it, mega server and thats okay but NA east would 100% be better than the Euro server.

Like others have said, with the " ping normalization" it shouldnt be too bad on the euros.

If you want one mega server go NAE. Else, it'll end up like mo1...dead...

SV PLEASE LISTEN, NA is your largest base, you want success? make NAE server

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
If the game will get popular and will need its hardware infrastructure to be expanded in the future there may be local servers dedicated to other in game continents and that would be interesting to see.

I would like to see US studios making similar games.

From the legal point of view if the server is located in the USA SV may be exposed to low suits made by all kinds of organizations trying to remove nudity for example.I do not think that every game in the world should be following moral or legal frame functioning in USA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tloluvin

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
If the game will get popular and will need its hardware infrastructure to be expanded in the future there may be local servers dedicated to other in game continents and that would be interesting to see.

From the legal point of view if the server is located in the USA SV may be exposed to low suits made by all kinds of organizations trying to remove nudity for example.I do not think that every game in the world should be following moral or legal frame functioning in USA.

lol what? Conan Exiles exist. Games get localizations too for banned content. This comment hurts my brain so much it's like amazingly dumb. The server would just be physically in the USA you don't have to start using the imperial system.

Reactions: druez

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
lol what? Conan Exiles exist. Games get localizations too for banned content. This comment hurts my brain so much it's like amazingly dumb. The server would just be physically in the USA you don't have to start using the imperial system.
I would like american players to have best performance possible playing MO2 but SV must have some reasons when they picked the server location.
Do you think every business enterprise must prioritize US market?

Last edited:

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
I would like american players to have best performance possible playing MO2 but SV must have some reasons when their picked the server location.

It's like I said in a previous post. US east servers benefit all of North America, South America, and Oceanic players.

NA east is closest to the Midway point for the highest concentration of players. The distance between Europe and the east and west coast of NA is almost the same.

If in the future when w new continent is released and they base the servers somewhere in the US, Oceanic, south American, and north American players probably would not leave the continent lol.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I would like american players to have best performance possible playing MO2 but SV must have some reasons when their picked the server location.
Prob something superficial they arent known for making logical choices. Look at the lighting or why they have the max fov at 103.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Was honestly thinking about buying the game until I came here and realized that there is only one server that's located in UK.

Hahaha. what the actual @%#^

How can anyone justify paying 40 bucks then a 15/mo subscription for a game based around pvp/loot with a ping over 100+

that's just insane to me. Players located near the server will always have an advantage no matter how you look at it.

dude ive been saying this for years. This is the main reason this game has never made it out of uber niche hole it finds itself in. People will come to try it and will like it, but wont stay ( and pay a sub) to play as handicapped, simply because they dont live close to the server.

druez

Jan 9, 2022

That is a big no, the USA doesn't care if their is nudity in the game. Conan Exile has servers running all over the place in the USA. I mean some of the most violent games and movies in the world are made in the USA. That is a pretty silly reason you listed. There may be other issues, but that isn't one of them.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

druez

Jan 9, 2022
I'm new to Mortal Online, I'm liking it so far but when I really get into the PVP if I'm handicapped being in the USA I'll leave. There is more money in the USA. If this game is as good as I hope it will be, I'll carry at least 3 accounts. Though, I wish there was a way to have 3 accounts without having to have 3 steam ID's that kind of sucks.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
dude ive been saying this for years. This is the main reason this game has never made it out of uber niche hole it finds itself in. People will come to try it and will like it, but wont stay ( and pay a sub) to play as handicapped, simply because they dont live close to the server.
And then ppl (EUs) will say that multiple servers would never work because we dont have enough population...

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
Dude it will come if the game actually becomes really big, this talk about different continents and such sounds really awesome. But is so far away for them to implement. So if the game was actually to blow up, theyd probably just create servers for each region.

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022
Dude it will come if the game actually becomes really big, this talk about different continents and such sounds really awesome. But is so far away for them to implement. So if the game was actually to blow up, theyd probably just create servers for each region.

That's just the problem though. The game wont blow up with a single server placed in Europe which is incredibly one sided. You have millions of people on this side of the world not only including NA.

I've watched lots of videos on the game and love the concept and everything about the game EXCEPT the fact I will not be able to play it with a decent ping which in fact puts me and many other people at a disadvantage. Honestly I feel like this game cannot be played casually if it's PVP based, and you lose everything on death. Ping over 100? sucks. Play hours, grind for gear only to lose it to some UK player with 40 ping that can simply get faster reaction times with blocking/attacking/positioning? too bad.

If they simply don't have the resources to make the server more centralized, why not just make a kickstarter? I'm sure many people including myself may be interested in investing to either get a server on this side of the planet, or to centralize the current one!

idk. Just currently I don't see this game becoming popular as is with a PVP/loot based game model with a single server located in UK of all places. lol. I just can't and it kind of makes me sad.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

ME TOO. I don't think it's the nudity thing, but I 100% believe it has something to do with US law or US taxes or something as to why they would never do it. There is a reason and it ain't ping priority. With that in mind, it's a pipe dream. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Infact, it gradually upsets me more and more that people ignore this as the likely reason. IT'S COOL, DUDES, I CAN HANDLE IT.

Rockhound

Nov 18, 2020
Eesti
The real reason why there's no US server? Because the internet connection quality in the US sucks hairy Blainn balls.
Both across country and in local grid.

Back when the decision where to put the MO1 server at was a question and not yet a statement the US had the internet infrastructure of a third world country. As much didnt change over a decade the choice with MO2 server hub location was logical. The US has only effectively upgraded their infrastructure during COVID, which might mean in the future of a few years we might see a US-server based MO continent which people can enjoy.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Don't worry NA will get the PvE content of Sarducca which most people hated in mo1 and almost no one played on.

NA population has the larger ratio of PvPers to PvErs compared to EU and they are giving us the PvE content. I would just let OCE/AUS have sarducca and wait for Herbralter to have a NA server.

If your game is built around a 100ms ping normalization why not move the server to a place where most of your players would have under or with in +20 of 100ms. Which is NA east. But instead the server is in London and makes 2/3rds of the NA population have detrimental ping. EU would have close to 100ping with a NA east server. There is no argument put forth yet to not have the server in NA east.

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022
I live on the west coast. I'm afraid of pulling the trigger due to the ping issues because I want to play the game at a competitive level without being at a disadvantage to EU players.

Now after doing some research I mean the most logical thing in my mind would be to centralize the damn server to east coast so basically everyone would have a more normalized ping... not just catering to EU players like it is now.

I've been doing some searching and I found this video of someone who actually did a lot of work to investigate the impact ping and latency has on combat between players with varied ping. He even actually went a step further to perhaps come up with a different way to deal with the issue, which in all honesty I think the dev team should have done in the first place before the game even went into alpha stage. I linked the video below because I found it interesting.

Mo2 Ping Feedback video

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Don't worry NA will get the PvE content of Sarducca which most people hated in mo1 and almost no one played on.

NA population has the larger ratio of PvPers to PvErs compared to EU and they are giving us the PvE content. I would just let OCE/AUS have sarducca and wait for Herbralter to have a NA server.

If your game is built around a 100ms ping normalization why not move the server to a place where most of your players would have under or with in +20 of 100ms. Which is NA east. But instead the server is in London and makes 2/3rds of the NA population have detrimental ping. EU would have close to 100ping with a NA east server. There is no argument put forth yet to not have the server in NA east.
Dude why you trying to palm off your sandy seconds to us in Aus, it's already hot here we don't want Sarducaa

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Jesus all the salt over NA ping in the game !!!! how many Aussie pvpers play succesfully with a ping much worse than NA there are plenty if you cant adapt then its on you not the server ! the % of AU and Asian players is much higher than what you guys are intimating .

Reactions: Ereth and Tloluvin