Seriously why no NA server?? Big mistake..

codeButcher

Oct 13, 2020
Playing from NA west coast it's rough. Never anyone online, pings best case at 200, and from my experiences in PvP it's a major impact. I'm not good as it is, so this is a big issue for me.

I already bought it, still plan to play it as much as I can, but an NA server is definitely a wish of mine.

Reactions: m4rt3

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Lots of AUS guys are saying they get people teleporting all the time or them unless they they use exit lag.
if only the server was in a closer location.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Traced my connection from WA Aus to MO2 server and it was laughable Perth-Brisbane-Melbourne-Sydney-China-Quebec-Eastcoast US-UK (bunch more stops in those areas) 410 average ping 1% packet loss with 250 packets sent. Exitlag says it drops that down to about 280-320 but I can't figure out how to trace the exitlag route

• Sad
Reactions: RaptorBlackz

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Sure maybe when Henrik is 80 and working on MO4 there will be quantum technology that puts it all on one server with 2 ms ping so some how we can all fight to get our horses past hundreds of other players in one tiny bank. 45 minutes later you get your lootz. Come on guys hahaha.

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022
Was honestly thinking about buying the game until I came here and realized that there is only one server that's located in UK.

Hahaha. what the actual @%#^

How can anyone justify paying 40 bucks then a 15/mo subscription for a game based around pvp/loot with a ping over 100+

that's just insane to me. Players located near the server will always have an advantage no matter how you look at it.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Force everyone to be at 150 ping. Anything higher than that is on the individual.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Force everyone to be at 150 ping. Anything higher than that is on the individual.
Imagine blaming someone for where they live...the server not being central to the routing of connections is on the company not the player lol

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Imagine blaming someone for where they live...the server not being central to the routing of connections is on the company not the player lol
I'm not persay blaming. I'm saying 150 ping is pretty achievable for most players, if you're above it you would still be in a better position vs 150 pingers rather than 1-100 ping players. But since its a super minority that is higher than 150 ping it's not too bad.

druez

Jan 9, 2022
NA has more people living in it that Europe? You guys need to look further than your own borders you really think your special

There is 579 million people in NA and 748 million in Europe

Out of that 748 Million in Europe most are in Russia. Russia is cool and all but their money is worth squat. I mean you get your most bang for your buck in the USA for publishing games. We just have more dispensable income.

Now, my guess is that they want the data center close to them. Its their game and they can do what they want. They might also see that more Europeans play these type of games then north Americans. I know gloria victus US and Europe servers are pretty close in player pop and if you ask me I think Europe is the more populated. Conquerors blade I think had a more populated server as well.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Out of that 748 Million in Europe most are in Russia. Russia is cool and all but their money is worth squat. I mean you get your most bang for your buck in the USA for publishing games. We just have more dispensable income.

Now, my guess is that they want the data center close to them. Its their game and they can do what they want. They might also see that more Europeans play these type of games then north Americans. I know gloria victus US and Europe servers are pretty close in player pop and if you ask me I think Europe is the more populated. Conquerors blade I think had a more populated server as well.
The real reason the server is staying in EU is because Henrik actually plays the game and he wants to dumpster kids with his ping advantage

• Haha
Reactions: Armegeddon

aarvex

Jan 18, 2022
I played a lot of Albion Online, they used to have the Servers in London, but when they expanded they moved the servers to Washington D.C. That game is also F2P mobile, so having better access to South America + SEA really helped drive centralize things a bit more for the majority of players.

I also lived in the EU for a while and connecting to NA East servers for other games was usually around 90-100ish ping currently I'm at about 160 ms when i pinged the servers. Having NA East servers also helps the Oceanic + South American players.

Realistically most players are gonna be EU-W + NA, balancing it between the two honestly makes the most sense, but when you factor in South America + Oceanic it really should be a no brainer.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I'm not persay blaming. I'm saying 150 ping is pretty achievable for most players, if you're above it you would still be in a better position vs 150 pingers rather than 1-100 ping players. But since its a super minority that is higher than 150 ping it's not too bad.
You will probably find that there are a lot of players with 150+ ping maybe even close to majority, most NA that aren't east coast, Japanese, Chinese and Philippino and of course Aus....pretty much if you are outside UTC -4 or +4 there is a large chance you have 150+ ping

A huge issue is that most connections I mentioned are routed through NA East before going to EU.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
But But But, if they move the server EU players can't attack and block at the same time, AND their Thursars that move at Veela speed would also go away! The horror.
Murican players do the same to me... Have you fought Moored? 😀

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Lets just move the server to east Siberia and be done with it. Closer to NA, closer to Australia, closer to me, freezing temperatures most of the year so SV can save some on cooling.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Lets just move the server to east Siberia and be done with it. Closer to NA, closer to Australia, closer to me, freezing temperatures most of the year so SV can save some on cooling.
Routing would probably still go through Western Europe