Seriously why no NA server?? Big mistake..

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
I seriously can't believe there is no NA server or that it's not placed in NA east coast. What a big mistake they are making. I'd say the player base would be much larger in NA for this game. Come on Star Vault.... What are you doing?
Because the man that owns the company and signs the checks said... no and that is the end of the discussion

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I mean I did a count and some math and it roughly came out to 56% of those viewers who would benefit from NA servers while 44% would benefit from an EU server.
I did the same, before people started going offline because EU time zone is over.

Aproximately 1400~ people from Americas+Oceanic region. Meanwhile 1500~ from eu+russia+middleeastern region.

Heck I even counted north african and south african to the US benefit, since they probably stand more to gain from that using the couple fast transatlantic connections rather than the shitty Mediterranean cables that are aging 30+ about now and are only being replaced with the same terrible old technology.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
lol

CTX for hire. I can't with this guy.
Oh I'm all for a US east server, i've played a lot of MMO's on the US east servers. When I played SWG I played on the Lowca server.

But to misrepresent data to get some fucked up agenda for no reason? Now that is just sad.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Zhultan

Jan 17, 2022
I played a lot of Albion Online, they used to have the Servers in London, but when they expanded they moved the servers to Washington D.C. That game is also F2P mobile, so having better access to South America + SEA really helped drive centralize things a bit more for the majority of players.

I also lived in the EU for a while and connecting to NA East servers for other games was usually around 90-100ish ping currently I'm at about 160 ms when i pinged the servers. Having NA East servers also helps the Oceanic + South American players.

Realistically most players are gonna be EU-W + NA, balancing it between the two honestly makes the most sense, but when you factor in South America + Oceanic it really should be a no brainer.

I like how when anybody says anything worth a shit it's completely ignored.

Honestly exactly how I look at it too. Least some people have some common sense.

or maybe we should just.... "git gud" ?

xD

Reactions: night_vision_elf

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The amount of gaslighting this community does, including Hendrik, about how having 180+ doesn't worsen game play or put you at a significant disadvantage is insane.
Its about compromise. Otherwise I suggest you put on your goggles, get to sciencing and find a way to send things faster than light.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
It's a shame. If they add a NA server I'd keep playing, but 180+ ping just feels terrible.
It really isn't bad I would suggest working on reflexes and adapting, in aus we get around 300 ping to most games that aren't based close to us, if the game is good enough you adapt and deal.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
It really isn't bad I would suggest working on reflexes and adapting, in aus we get around 300 ping to most games that aren't based close to us, if the game is good enough you adapt and deal.

I legitimately hope you're joking. I like MO, but I'm not going to sit here and say the game is good enough to justify the incredibly archaic method of foregoing modern solutions i.e. server regions to shoe horn players into one server.. which didn't work by the way. Take a look at the recent sharding.

If you're not below 100 ping in this game, you are at a disadvantage; whether it is small or massive.

Yes, an ability to play can shorten this 'gap' made by the poor choices of the developers, but there is a point where your skill and ability are plateaued and you can no longer exceed past this point.

When a 1v1 tournament is won by an NA player, let me know.. and no.. I don't base everything off 1v1, it's just a prime example of an event that can quickly show the flaws.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Jesus all the salt over NA ping in the game !!!! how many Aussie pvpers play succesfully with a ping much worse than NA there are plenty if you cant adapt then its on you not the server ! the % of AU and Asian players is much higher than what you guys are intimating .
A lower % of decent aussie PvPers. Solario is one of the best and he has to go full sweat to fight the average NA EU player. At least when your ping is high enought you can abuse latency to hit people form 10 feet away but you also get hit from 10 feet away. NA cant abuse low ping or high ping.

Sep 11, 2021
Its about compromise. Otherwise I suggest you put on your goggles, get to sciencing and find a way to send things faster than light.

Nah, it's not about compromise. People just won't play with bad ping.

Oh no!

Anyway

I mean, you can act like this but have fun with a dead game that only a few europoors are playing. It won't get funded if most players quit so gg.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
So many stupid arguments on this topic. In his livestream, Henrik pointed out that there are elite NA pvpers. Therefore, he concluded, ping isn’t that important. Fact is that most of the games players are NA. Of course some of them manage to be very good.

Ping does make a difference. If an NA player tries to block trade an EU player of similar skill, they will lose eventually.

The obvious solution is having the new continent hosted on NA. Not sure why SV doesn’t commit to this. Doing so would shut up all of the whining.