Seriously why no NA server?? Big mistake..

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game's peak's at around 9pm GMT (During EU Peak)
Thats not what I experience in mo2 while being on in all time zones. Also that is only non private accounts and a fraction of the playerbase. Steam defaults players accounts to private so chart are not correct at all.

Play during NA times and compare first like I have. NA has a marginal lead along with SA and AUS will also have far better ping if the server was NA east. Even if there are more EU players then having the server NA would mean less laggy AUS/NA amd they should already be normilzed by 80 ping which is slightly higher then what ping they would have on a east NA server.

Badgerblade

Dec 8, 2021
A fraction of the playerbase? nearly 1k people? if thats a fraction are you implying there is closer to 10k? 20k? don't think so... I'm not sure if your correct about private accounts not showing on steam charts but I don't believe it to be the case. 1k players seem pretty accurate at the moment to me, especially when the dev's stated they would love 4k on launch..

I do feel your guys pain, and 100% totally understand your struggling with ping but geographically Turkey is center of all land mass but i doubt we would all have a good time if it was located there. Considering the game has a good mix of EU and NA with a small influx of Russians recently, UK is just about the best location you could get for centralising.

Every selected location is going to be bad for someone however.

Jeff / ayaya

Dec 12, 2021
I'm on very late NA hours where it's like noon in the EU. Game is a ghost town then.
Noon in EU doesn't seem a prime time to me, people work n stuff :/

I do get you on the server location part..
But i also like the one big server thing.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
A fraction of the playerbase? nearly 1k people? if thats a fraction are you implying there is closer to 10k? 20k? don't think so... I'm not sure if your correct about private accounts not showing on steam charts but I don't believe it to be the case. 1k players seem pretty accurate at the moment to me, especially when the dev's stated they would love 4k on launch..

I do feel your guys pain, and 100% totally understand your struggling with ping but geographically Turkey is center of all land mass but i doubt we would all have a good time if it was located there. Considering the game has a good mix of EU and NA with a small influx of Russians recently, UK is just about the best location you could get for centralising.

Every selected location is going to be bad for someone however.

It really isn't the best spot, haha.

Also, just because you're showing a supposed 'peak time' for EU players doesn't mean the players shown are EU players. Almost every guild I've ever played with, interacted with, etc. Usually has had NA members in it which typically dominated their rosters. There were only a handful of guilds that very specifically had members of a specific country / language.

Most people I've met in-game usually are from NA, SA and AU. Am I denying EU players exist? No, lol. But lets consider some things first.

1.) Henrik has assured us, whether it is true or not, that this system is built to support players with higher ping. One of the most ostracized groups of players ping was is AU players. The game had a fair share of RU players, but little to no Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. players (They were very few and far in-between).

2.) Moving the server to NA would directly give MORE players (North America, South America, Australia, etc.) a better ping experience whilst most EU players could suffer at MAX 150 ping. As most players from the EU are from Western Europe. This would always allow SV to better fine tune the systems in place.

3.) The servers have resided in the EU for the entirety of MO1's lifespan and now MO2's lifespan, and with no avail there are still ping issues. People argue there isn't but.. we all know this is just ignoring a problem for the sake of sticking up for your favorite video game and forfeiting quality to 'play it now'.

You know what's really interesting that people seem to overlook? When they made Mortal Royale we actually had NA servers for the game, and EU players played on it -- The best part? I don't think I remember either side complaining about ping issues. Everyone was relatively happy with the ping (Gameplay was abysmal but yeah).

IDK. I also feel like some Russian players will now see what I said and say they are a super important community with tons and tons of players and should be justified to give them a better ping over Aussies even though the Aussie playerbase is significantly bigger and it was shown in MO1. Pretty sure I can count on one hand the amount of big russian guilds that were in the game. (And not even at the same time).

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The thing is, this is a multiple server game already. That's why nodelines exist. They are the transition zones between servers. So it's 1 world, multiple servers.

Why do we not have multiple regional servers?

Simple answer. SV plays favorites with the EU crowd and simply do not care that the NA audience is larger. Only real explanation at this point TBH. Why else would the release keep patch on a morning as the NA workday is starting? Could have waited two more days and released it on a Saturday. "But they want to release it when the workers are on!" Guess overtime when timing is important to the customer isn't a thing for game devs? Because it sure has been in every job I've worked.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It really isn't the best spot, haha.

Also, just because you're showing a supposed 'peak time' for EU players doesn't mean the players shown are EU players. Almost every guild I've ever played with, interacted with, etc. Usually has had NA members in it which typically dominated their rosters. There were only a handful of guilds that very specifically had members of a specific country / language.

Most people I've met in-game usually are from NA, SA and AU. Am I denying EU players exist? No, lol. But lets consider some things first.

1.) Henrik has assured us, whether it is true or not, that this system is built to support players with higher ping. One of the most ostracized groups of players ping was is AU players. The game had a fair share of RU players, but little to no Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. players (They were very few and far in-between).

2.) Moving the server to NA would directly give MORE players (North America, South America, Australia, etc.) a better ping experience whilst most EU players could suffer at MAX 150 ping. As most players from the EU are from Western Europe. This would always allow SV to better fine tune the systems in place.

3.) The servers have resided in the EU for the entirety of MO1's lifespan and now MO2's lifespan, and with no avail there are still ping issues. People argue there isn't but.. we all know this is just ignoring a problem for the sake of sticking up for your favorite video game and forfeiting quality to 'play it now'.

You know what's really interesting that people seem to overlook? When they made Mortal Royale we actually had NA servers for the game, and EU players played on it -- The best part? I don't think I remember either side complaining about ping issues. Everyone was relatively happy with the ping (Gameplay was abysmal but yeah).

IDK. I also feel like some Russian players will now see what I said and say they are a super important community with tons and tons of players and should be justified to give them a better ping over Aussies even though the Aussie playerbase is significantly bigger and it was shown in MO1. Pretty sure I can count on one hand the amount of big russian guilds that were in the game. (And not even at the same time).
There are no latency issues that i'm currently aware of for NA players

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
There are no latency issues that i'm currently aware of for NA players

Im From EU and i play with a poor internet connection, i clearly have that sort of problem each time i play. I mean you see in which side you need to parry but is already to late..... For me its look like you have a shitty connection like me :p

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Having a US-East server would benefit the SEA & OCE areas, Like why bother having 1server in EU and claiming fairness when you could centralise the server to lower the ping across the board.

I reckon its SV either being really ignorant or are stuck in a Lease.
I would be so happy if they had an USEast server. The ping is def an issue in NA and I'm on the east coast. 😞

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
IDK. I also feel like some Russian players will now see what I said and say they are a super important community with tons and tons of players and should be justified to give them a better ping over Aussies even though the Aussie playerbase is significantly bigger and it was shown in MO1.
This is not MO1 though. I'd say 1/4rd of Fabernum and Meduli speaks russian.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
NA East server would help more players pings then hurt. SV says their current technology helps people all the way in AUS which was the test group got balancing the highest of pings around.

But many players still have to use Exiting.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The thing is, this is a multiple server game already. That's why nodelines exist. They are the transition zones between servers. So it's 1 world, multiple servers.

Why do we not have multiple regional servers?

Simple answer. SV plays favorites with the EU crowd and simply do not care that the NA audience is larger. Only real explanation at this point TBH. Why else would the release keep patch on a morning as the NA workday is starting? Could have waited two more days and released it on a Saturday. "But they want to release it when the workers are on!" Guess overtime when timing is important to the customer isn't a thing for game devs? Because it sure has been in every job I've worked.

ahaha, you give SV too much credit. I think they're like IS IT READY... YEAH... SHOULD WE RELEASE... YEAH??? WE GOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL WHEN IT ALL CRASHES DOWN?! YEAHH!! LETS GOOOO.

I mean they have been radio silent and have not released a patch when they should have. Tis weird. They released it all w/ o any plan for siege thereafter. I mean you can hope they are like ahh we need siege and maybe that's why their patch is taking so long. This whole thing is a meme, and the game is fun some of the time, so just enjoy da ride.

As for NA server, yea... I mean, of course everyone in NA wants that, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's not as bad as it seems. It's not as bad as it was. But it does have some issues. It's a first person single instance open world MMO tho. I mean some laggy dude is still gonna be laggy even w/ NA servers. That's why aussies could be a big problem. Like that MC dude that got almost banned for 'maybe lag switching,' but he was like nah I'm just AUS. It's like hummm.

Enerzeal

Jan 3, 2022
I spent the past 10 years playing us servers. My friends from mo1 that I have stuck with all pretty much game in that region.

I sucked it up and played with my 100 ping, 140 ping. I played age of chiv and battlefield on us servers.

Would it have been better if it was EU based? Probably but 100 ping even on fps games was fine. Especially if everything is normalised to 100 ping.

Put it on east coast and you screw over the Eastern Europeans. Put it in Germany and you screw over the west coast americans.

Someone is going to lose out. Moving them now and spending the time and money to do that just doesn't make sense.

With respect suck it up or play something else. It is just how it is and will be.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I spent the past 10 years playing us servers. My friends from mo1 that I have stuck with all pretty much game in that region.

I sucked it up and played with my 100 ping, 140 ping. I played age of chiv and battlefield on us servers.

Would it have been better if it was EU based? Probably but 100 ping even on fps games was fine. Especially if everything is normalised to 100 ping.

Put it on east coast and you screw over the Eastern Europeans. Put it in Germany and you screw over the west coast americans.

Someone is going to lose out. Moving them now and spending the time and money to do that just doesn't make sense.

With respect suck it up or play something else. It is just how it is and will be.
Or we can keep expressing displeasure untill they fix the issue. They will just have to suck it up that people are calling them out on saying its fine untill its fixed.

Because they are either ignoring the issue and wont seek remedies with out moving they sever to a far better location that suits most of the player base or just move it to reduce the issues for the majority of players.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

Yeah I find it personally counter productive to express your displeasure about people expressing their displeasure.

Just don't reply?

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
Ever thought you guys think there is mainly NA players cause EU players are asleep in your in prime time? Just sayin

Unless ALL the EU players are on the far East of the map, I can assure you there are more US players. I am on from like noon EST - 4AM EST and that covers EU Primetime, there are always more US players on. For every non American voice (Russian language or English with an accent) I hear 5 or 6 American/Canadian voices. I do massive scrims with several guilds all in one Discord at EU primetime to accommodate the handful of EU people and its like 6 Americans for every European.

It would make more sense to put the server in the East coast of the USA, that is all there is to it. 2nd best option is 2 servers, US and EU. Worst option is just an EU server.

Reactions: Tzone

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dunno if by definition the status quo can be the worst option haha, because it has the "it already is" part going for it.