Returning to beta population numbers but with out the beta community.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I'm pretty happy they locked turning off shadows and grass. It is part of the game and turning that stuff off gives people who do an advantage. I might think I'm hidden in the corner or in the grass in the jungle for instance, but without grass I would be plainly visible.

I think the game looks great, I play on an HDR monitor and Windows 11 and the graphics and lighting are fine. People cry too much.

If you can't run this game with those turned on, upgrade your PC.

Also, why do you guys stay on the forums complaining over and over again. If you are so upset, just leave. I don't get it. I would just ban you guys from the forums if I was SV. All you do is turn off new players. You guys are like scorned lovers, you got cheated on and now you so bitter.
Have you tried recording with HDR on?

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Killox is now officially part of the game, he became a fishing mini-boss: you can find him in the water at GK docks, naked, with a bone tissue sword.
Not worth killing tho, we hope for a buff soon.

CountingWizard

Jan 21, 2022
You pretty much back stabbed the core community that has been playing your very rough beta constantly for the past year.

Red keeps are priest are not enough, you only use negative reinforcement to try to prevent players from playing the only worth while content in your game which is the open world PvP. All you do is punish people for winning in PvP, not fix the actual issue.

You lock the .ini which out letting us turn off shadows, remove grass, or lower the render enough when you game runs like garbage even with the ini on. You expect this to keep players in your game because some kids who mostly already quit and were never going to stay cried about people making this horrible running game have ok frames.
You are just going to see a drop of at least 100 players concurrent now because of this.

You put cancerous priest outside of dungeons which just results in nakeds running back to each fight that you have at a dungeon just to die on purpose to give more MCs and rep loss.

The bug fixes if they work this patch would be good and would have stopped some people from quiting but you are just killing off the players that would have stayed.

Yeah this patch had some good QoL and bug fixes but you still treat your core like garbage. We were playing this game with the lack of content of the beta, through wipes, through the worse bugs, yet you still treat ups like trash and wont listen or conceed. We would have cept playing by you do everything to make players who can play through the lack of content, bugs, sub prices, and hackers quit by punishing them.

Edit: thanks and credit for the title goes to Foe from TC.

What is the actual issue with PvP aside from being punished for winning in PvP?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Iam always amazed at how bad this game runs performance wise. This doesnt feel like next gen graphics... It feels like next gen clutter spam with every unnecessary option enabled to make geme luk pretty and let new graphics card carry it instead of optimising the game. I mean... Seriously... The only way for this game to run better is relying Not on SV to optimize but getting a card that can carry their mess and hope for UE5 nanite system to solve something. Even though the later one would require SV to do a little bit manual work so i wouldnt count on that...

But thats what you get when just shopping for the pretty stuff on unreal asset store, inconsisten.optimisation. Some areas run okay some bad some utterly garbage and making scenery without keeping performance in mind (mk>toxai valles) does t se to help.either.

What performance issues are you seeing? What is your system specs?

I have been through all of those areas, at this point pretty much every point on the map except Gal Kor, and my performance stays pretty consistent. It is between 30-60fps and I have my GPU locked at 60fps because my monitor is a 60hz monitor, and I dont want to over tax my GPU. My system rarely goes about 40% CPU load, 70% RAM and 90% of my GPU.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why does it matter, the guy clearly knew placing his house in front of a keep door to block it was a no no, just because the game lets you doesn't mean you should do it. This would be like placing your house in front of a dungeon entrance an blocking the door. You know a GM will see it an delete it sooner or later so why do it? Only moron at fault is memrrick.
95% of what people do in this game is not intended. But SV lets them get away with it. You cant just punish for somethign 1 time and never for all the others. They need to fix their game.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
What is the actual issue with PvP aside from being punished for winning in PvP?
thats the only issue for me, you win, but you actually lose. Better to stay blue and just kill horses at the GY to sell more horses to the people who've had their horses killed.

Its good for business.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
We need: Aku, Killox, Lexorn, Strillian, Ruben, Ich Ect.

controversial people bring the best content and put people on the server

That's not true. The majority of people are set on menial tasks because of the game design. Dude said you are hiding if you play on an alt server, but if you look at all of the spots that would engage pvp in MO1, they are all just hard camped on main. There are people mining like... 20 different dudes out there mining. You can just imagine back in the day some MC coming thru like trololo, snacktime. Same w/ stuff like GY, hard camped. That's what the majority of pop is doing or they are in haven.

Those guys are mostly here anyway, plus new people. I dunno those content dudes, but they talk mad shit. Zers talks mad shit. There are controversial people, but the area where people are actually creating content is a very small part of the map. We got 3k people and nobody is doing shit. I mean, those guys were cool (and again THEY HERE, more or less), but out of 3k people there are more. New guilds are popping up with large member rosters... it's just there's not much to do. It's the game.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
That might be ok for RPing but for PvP you need 60+ frames always or ur at a huge disadvantage

You can pvp at 60fps quite easily. The human eye wont register much more than 24fps, movies are filmed at 24fps for that reason. The most important thing to PVP in a twitch based FPS or any twitch based game is consistent and stable FPS. If I am getting a solid 60fps it doesnt matter.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
You can pvp at 60fps quite easily. The human eye wont register much more than 24fps, movies are filmed at 24fps for that reason. The most important thing to PVP in a twitch based FPS or any twitch based game is consistent and stable FPS. If I am getting a solid 60fps it doesnt matter.
Nope, majority of humans have a capacity of 45-60fps and it's not a problem of "human eye", it's the capacities of the eye and your nervous system combined. You can train your vision, an average jet pilot have a 200fps capacity and lots of cases of 255+fps pilots are documented all around the world.
In the modern standards we can define 45fps as normality, 24fps borderline visual problem and we still have 25% of population that can perceive above 60fps.

When you talk about videogames you don't only need high fps for your vision but for 2 other reasons:
1-the more fps you have (yes, even high values that you are not able to perceive) the more fluid are the images on your monitor and more easy is to coordinate your mouse with them. Aiming at moving target with a gun or a bow in a videogame in a 140+fps environment is way more easy than doing the same with 60+fps. This because, when you can't see more than 30fps for example, not everytime it's an eye problem but can just be the brain processing only half of the images it sees to economize brain resources, if you have more images per second you will have a better result, for this reason, even if you don't actually perceive more that 30fps your brain actually get some information from them, same principle of slow motion effects.
2-in videogames lots of functions are tied to frame per seconds meaning the more you have the more you will be able to do it faster. A good example is the rate of fire of automatic guns in lots of videogames (Escape From Tarkov and Battlefield included) where a gun with 800rpm shoot faster if you have 120fps than when you have 60fps.

I don't even know why you guys are talking about fps but, please, it's not 1890 anymore, stop with the "eye can't even see 30 fps" bullshit pls, but yes, you can pvp at 60fps, we are playing a videogame, not piloting a military jet.

Reactions: CrgHck and druez

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Nope, majority of humans have a capacity of 45-60fps and it's not a problem of "human eye", it's the capacities of the eye and your nervous system combined. You can train your vision, an average jet pilot have a 200fps capacity and lots of cases of 255+fps pilots are documented all around the world.
In the modern standards we can define 45fps as normality, 24fps borderline visual problem and we still have 25% of population that can perceive above 60fps.

When you talk about videogames you don't only need high fps for your vision but for 2 other reasons:
1-the more fps you have (yes, even high values that you are not able to perceive) the more fluid are the images on your monitor and more easy is to coordinate your mouse with them. Aiming at moving target with a gun or a bow in a videogame in a 140+fps environment is way more easy than doing the same with 60+fps. This because, when you can't see more than 30fps for example, not everytime it's an eye problem but can just be the brain processing only half of the images it sees to economize brain resources, if you have more images per second you will have a better result, for this reason, even if you don't actually perceive more that 30fps your brain actually get some information from them, same principle of slow motion effects.
2-in videogames lots of functions are tied to frame per seconds meaning the more you have the more you will be able to do it faster. A good example is the rate of fire of automatic guns in lots of videogames (Escape From Tarkov and Battlefield included) where a gun with 800rpm shoot faster if you have 120fps than when you have 60fps.

I don't even know why you guys are talking about fps but, please, it's not 1890 anymore, stop with the "eye can't even see 30 fps" bullshit pls, but yes, you can pvp at 60fps, we are playing a videogame, not piloting a military jet.

You do realize that you can sit in a movie theater or in front of your TV and watch a movie.. and that movies frame rate is 24.... You dont know the difference.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
no one gives a shit about some dumbass twitch streamer or youtuber.
He wasn't talking about streamers or youtubers. The names he named are some of the Hero's and Supervillains of MO1. They're people who created interactions and content within the game world through their actions. Their actions caused regional conflicts, some caused server wars, others were political brains, others were big brain traders with power through reputation etc.

Reactions: Hodo

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
If you get 60 fps at all times yes, but drops to 30 fps will affect your performance

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If you get 60 fps at all times yes, but drops to 30 fps will affect your performance

True. There is a reason why I lock my frame rates at 60. If it stays within 10 of that I dont notice any change.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
You do realize that you can sit in a movie theater or in front of your TV and watch a movie.. and that movies frame rate is 24.... You dont know the difference.
You do realize that those are scientific facts and not uncle Joe's opinions that you can argue?

You can easily google and get scientific papers with accurate numbers and diagrams, various tests and experiments have been made through the years and are all there. This is the first that came up with a 10 second search, but you can find more and more recent if you just look for it.
I hope "sitting in front of your TV and watch a movie" is not the best you can do.

Reactions: AidanKyros