Remove Town Gathering

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Shmerrick ..... DO NOT ruin my town hussle. :p

COVID pandemic... working from home... afk mining and chopping wood all day long. This is not about profiteering. It's about providing a valuable service to the game community.

It's about the rocks. Lot's of rocks.. Rocks are the life blood of the economy. Rocks make metal. Metal makes weapons and armour. Weapons and armour makes happy PVPers. PVPers means RPKers. RPKers mean death to miners. It's the circle of life.

On the serious side.
1) Raknor is #smart
2) Your suggestion has validity however I'd like to wait until at least housing is in or go-live and the population is larger to see if what this will be like. I dont think in-town mining/chopping will occur as much from go-live.

It is also important for me to stay in town... to guard the box !

Jan 23, 2021
People are just sitting in town gathering rock and wood. There is no incentive for these people to leave town as they are safe and have easy bank access. Please remove this from the game. Even shitworld doesn't allow this.

What you are really saying is that you are not finding enough targets outside of town to grief.

It's ok top admit it. Griefing is part of the game. Not a part I'd generally participate in, but the game needs bad guys too. You just need the courage to admit it. Of course, I'd then point out that without having consequences built into the game yet, you aren't really being a 'real bad guy'.

I'll also point out that once real consequences for griefing are added to the game, you will see an uptick in more players venturing out into the world to brave the wilds. Nobody playing this game expects to be safe, but a large number of players do want to see a working system of justice and will not fully participate in the game until they see it.

D

Deleted member 44

Mining in town will be removed. Confirmed by Henrik. Lock thread please.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
that's why sardu turtle town was underrated, GZ press. EZ GZ. I dunno, like I said... people and their obsession with what people are doing in the guard zone... is insane
Yes, perhaps it is. And more so if transport becomes as large an ongoing enterprise as touted for MO2. It'll be like "Never mind that someone is tantalising you by using <appliance> inside town; there's a pack train leaving for <any other place on the map; all seem to be a long way away>! Shouldn't you be planning to rob it?"

Maybe our local player-Bandits just lack ambition or imagination.

But the burning question is "What Sarducaan city do you mean by 'Turtle Town'?"

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Resources in towns are for new arrivals skilling up, or lacking those maybe afk farmers. Its no game breaking issue imo. In Tindrem you cant extract stone near guards, thieves ahave a field day there, if they have any patience... likewise for player bandits in that area. Patience and perception, you will get your mark. Removing resources from towns will only lead to desperation and less sheep to hunt.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
haha @ tephra node, well the problem is it doesn't make logical sense. I dunno if the teph nodes elsewhere make much sense, either. Secret teph nodes I guess are cool. If there was an actually dug out mine in MO where people could go down and gather, that would be optimal, but things being as they are, I think people should be allowed to play the game however they want. All the talk about tedium, as I said, and yet you want to push a subbing player who does nothing but create resources all because you can't kill him haha.

Just to clarify, I am not a PvPer. Outside of (attempting to) defending myself or my assets I do not even engage in PvP. I am an extractor and economic player kind of guy, the fact that you think this only affects PvP people is way out there. It is mind boggling that the only issue you see with people producing Lupium and Gem Metal without EVER leaving the guard zone - or to even actively play the game outside of moving node every 5 minutes - is that they don't get killed as if it has no economic impact whatsoever in everyone that plays this game.

Its funny because you laugh at the Tephra node joke - shouldn't the fact that people are unable to afk Oghmium be considered an oppression of their playstyle as you put it? Apparently not, yet Lupium and Gem Metal are an unalienable right

Jan 23, 2021
the only one w/ a press in the GZ. You go down the mountain and there are turtles. Uh a keep on the beach? I can see it. I can't say I'm bad with names because I'm not, but let's just say MO1 stuff got pushed into the delete if necessary category.

I believe it was called Belrim?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
the only one w/ a press in the GZ. You go down the mountain and there are turtles. Uh a keep on the beach? I can see it. I can't say I'm bad with names because I'm not, but let's just say MO1 stuff got pushed into the delete if necessary category.

It was a super far out there town. It was cool, though, you could also gather mats in town (hehhhh), forgot what they were but some new thing people thought was gonna be in the mana pot, and in order to get out, you had to go up a big hill, too.

Giant Akrep up top? Spider queen? I dunno. It all blurs.
Could probably be Belrim, or even Pash for that matter-- I just don't remember any Turtles, though if they were someone's favourite Pet or Spph food, I might have missed seeing them for good reasons.

The more you try to describe it, the less certain I am which place you are talking about. That's Sarducaa for you.

How I miss our cool, dark caves and sunny private mesa, not to mention the hot-tub and the chocolate fountain.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
People are mixing up topics here, not sure if it is on purpose or not but an extraction appliance being inside or outside the guard zone is completely different from being able to afk gather inside the town.

Here is how I see things, first: does it make sense from a world perspective?

Q: Does it make sense (i.e. in the world) that the extraction appliances are inside the guard zone?
A: Yes, I think it does - they are the main hubs of MO town economic activity and power, why wouldn't the people responsible for the town protect them? Never seen a government that would prefer their citizens to be robbed rather than paying taxes

Q: Does it make sense (i.e. in the world) that anyone can gather resources inside the guard zone?
A: No, it doesn't - these resources even if they exist should belong to the town and gathering should be a crime. Don't believe me? Go to the hardware shop, get an axe and take it to he nearest public park and start chopping a tree. Then come back and tell us how that went.

Secondly, does it make sense from a game perspective?

Q: What would be the game impact if towns only had extraction appliances outside the guard zone?
A: At first glance one could consider that extractors having to coordinate to go outside and do their business could be a positive or a negative depending on how one looks at it but if we consider that portable appliances are already confirmed and that in MO1 one could use these inside the guard zone one has to wonder what is the point? Having the town extraction appliances outside the guard zone accomplishes nothing so they may as well remain inside the guard zone.

Q: What would be the game impact if one could not extract resources in town?
A: Well, obviously first impact is that total time to gather would increase and therefore likely prices to rise. Second is that gathering AFK becomes much more dangerous and therefore less people are likely to do it - therefore rising prices again. Would that make the game better? Well, if you are an extractor yes - you actively playing the game becomes more rewarding once the competition from afk miners goes away. Question can then become if this breaks other professions but I would say that if the game was dependent on afk gathering to work it was bad to begin with.

(edit note: obviously the greater natorus and blast furnace are completely different tools that don't really belong to any town with a functioning government and outside this discussion. In that note we could also discuss if the Khurite villages make sense, from a world perspective, to have all those appliances in a settlement that is supposed to be nomadic - I surely wouldn't want to be carrying around those crusher sized things with me, nevermind the heavy looking furnace every time the camp moved, or maybe they have Campodons and it is not a big deal. I do think game balance wise Bakti is too OP and there was a reason it did not have a furnace before but then again, completely meaningless design decision once they introduced portable furnaces).

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 44

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Why do we want these huge town zones with nothing in them?

Is that what you think when you go to a town? Why do I want to be in New York? Oh it must be to aim a pickaxe to all these skyscrapers ? Or maybe the reason people go to big cities is they can provide other things not related to raw material resources?

I know it is a silly example, but to me it all starts with "does it make sense in the world?"

D

Deleted member 44

Nah we jess chattin. I saw you in Duli mining outside the GZ. I also saw
THAT. To be honest, I'm used to that, it adds to the town 'bustle.' Most Extraction appliances are/were outside the GZ and guards only got added with TC/now in MO2 (and things like bakti furnace :eek:.) The game is WAY MORE GUARDED than before, and towns have WAY FEWER PICKABLES/ETC. It feels gross. Why do we want these huge town zones with nothing in them?

edit: i enjoy when a few bor creep into duli etc...
What? You think you can just take public resources freely because they are in a town? What planet are you on?

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
It does make sense, as I explained in my post, because IT IS OUR TOWN AND WE ARE THE ACTUAL POPULATION OF THE GAME.

Sure... you tell that to the guards when they ask why you hitting at the foundation of the emperor's palace with a pickaxe 😁