Remove skill cap for crafting

Breannor

May 28, 2020
Crafting is one of the most important activity in game. Now we have only one character I think we should be able to craft everything so lets remove skill cap for crafting.
Instead, i suggest crafting to be a long run with dimishing return.
For exemple : first 1200 points earn take 6 months to aquire , next 1200 take 1 year , next 1200 take 2 years , etc.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
The whole point of Mortal Online is that's its a persistent sandbox game with player driven economy. With what your suggesting after a year or so of the game being live the player driven economy will phase out of existence. Everyone will be able to do everything themselves and rely less and less upon player trading. You as a player will no longer be defined as the profession you choose to do and the whole reason to pick a profession and put time into it will become less rewarding.

99% of players in this game join guilds or form groups to work out how to get everything done between themselves, the teamwork is what makes Mortal Online's end game so fun.

Right now the 1200 point limit and only needing 70 in a skill for reasonable effectiveness is a massive, and I mean massive flexibility compared to MO1. Right now you can make a crafter that is capable of making all armor/weapon types in the game where as in Mortal Online 1 you would need 2 characters.

To further increase the amount you can do on 1 character would ruin the mortal online experience, the whole idea of spending time on a character to make that character unique with a rewarding tailored playstyle would vanish. I know not many people will like hearing this but Mortal Online is a team game, not a solo experience.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I mostly agree with Ask here. The game is designed around players needing to rely on others for what they need. If you could do everything yourself then this would be very limited.

That said I do believe that solo gamers will play a big part in making a strong economy. Guilds will tend to trade more within their ranks which will contribute less to the over all economy.

A good trade/market system is what is missing currently to address the issue of not being able to do everything yourself. Hopefully SV is able to pull that off well so both solo and guild players are able to buy/sell what they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody

Breannor

May 28, 2020
In MO1, players could craft everything because of character alt slot.
But more important, games (like Life is Feudal mmo) which had limited crafting with skill cap have failed because playing become too much like a job doing all the time the same thing.

shill

Mar 24, 2021
Noone seen Veteran system in action but everyone is tossing bold statements "isn't enough". It is just fine and if they will make another albion online "you are what you wear or hold" I am out.

Breannor

May 28, 2020
It is not enough because you want to be perfect on the entire process to craft your item., so you aske instead of 1200 maybe 1300 or 1400.

But at the end, when you have finished to levelup your 13 -14 skill, what will you do ?

You will go again and again at the same 3 or 4 place to gather your ressource. If you were able to craft everything, you will discover all different area. I think it would be more entertained but that s just my opinion.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
There could be few changes around skill pool to let solo players or small groups being able to enjoy basics of the game.
Guild leaders as usual going to be close minded and instead thinking about creating healthy economy they will try to make it as hard as possible for new players to stay in game.The most of equipment in action house will be overpriced shit.

I am sorry for being boring and I will remind about necessity of using leathers or textiles to make swords that is too limiting and takes 100 points away.

Getting extra skill points every few months of playing would be nice gesture.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I would say currently the crafting system favors hybrid/mage characters as most of the skills are affected by int (assuming you max your int).

So if you are a high int character I'd say the 1200 is more than enough. I think the crux of the issue is 1 character slot per account. TBH I think 2 characters would solve most people's issues, not just in crafting but in combat as well.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I am sorry for being boring and I will remind about necessity of using leathers or textiles to make swords that is too limiting and takes 100 points away.

Have you been using wood for your cores? If you have just use bone tissue, this way your handle is 100% animal material and you can swap dendrology for animal materials

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Have you been using wood for your cores? If you have just use bone tissue, this way your handle is 100% animal material and you can swap dendrology for animal materials
It is not the end of the world but my character and playstyle would benefit from using heavy swords made entirely out of metals which is also realistic.
This change was made by SV to push players to get secondary accounts and it make sense from business point of view only.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It is not the end of the world but my character and playstyle would benefit from using heavy swords made entirely out of metals which is also realistic.
This change was made by SV to push players to get secondary accounts and it make sense from business point of view only.

If you're just making swords you don't need 1h pole crafting, there's your missing 100 pts.

I doubt they made the change to handles for monetary reasons. If you think about how a weapon is actually made, the grip is usually made from some sort of textile/leather, I imagine this was the deciding factor more than making weapon crafters pick up 100 more primary points

Godot

Mar 30, 2021
Haven
No, there should always be a skill cap; however, the current skill cap could be raised. If I can't be a master of everything, at least let me be a master of one thing -- and there simply aren't enough skill points for that.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Doing everything yourself killed player interaction in MO1 so they are trying harder to force it, a lot of people won't like this but it's better for the player base and economy

Reactions: Amadman and Xunila