Recent Events in Bakti

The Seaman

Dec 10, 2021
What group of three would this have referred to?
Youth, Seaman, Him (this guy is from battlebandits, but fought as well) fought 3 vs 10+ DS outside of bakti a few days ago. My entire bank is filled with DS platesets now as DS kept dying. Can't remember all of the names of the DS guys that died but a couple i know for sure are Crust, Zeherry. Then there was some light armor mage who was super mad, his name started with an H i think, cant remember. Guess I'll start recording pvp for the game, good exposure anyway so might as well. Theres a map event where both sides said GF even: https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/1139101/pvp-battle/kmbattlebanditsvsdraco

Maxiumus

Sep 14, 2021
I cant speak for draco. My guild is CareBears, we havent ever had our whole guild wiped by 3 dudes.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
It seems a long long time since MO1, but now that we are approaching a persistent release of MO2 I thought I'd pop in to the Guild Section and see what's happening. Reading news like this from Bakti makes it feel like I've never been away.

Oh dear ... :cool:

Reactions: Rorry and Ibarruri

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I think my favorite part of the MO2 release will be watching all these inactive MO1 vets coming back realize they're just nonfactors now.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think my favorite part of the MO2 release will be watching all these inactive MO1 vets coming back realize they're just nonfactors now.

what is a nonfactor? If you play you are a factor haha, either that or you are helping someone else doing their work.

Still sus of Bakti Council since they are being opaque. ANARCHY. Oh well.

This is a whole world waiting to be shaped. Def not gonna be living off of old rep, but that's true of what you did in BETA too. ;)

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
what is a nonfactor? If you play you are a factor haha, either that or you are helping someone else doing their work.

Still sus of Bakti Council since they are being opaque. ANARCHY. Oh well.

This is a whole world waiting to be shaped. Def not gonna be living off of old rep, but that's true of what you did in BETA too. ;)

A nonfactor is someone who won't make a difference. For example when I go out and I flop some noobs 1v3 or 1v4 flawless, those guys are nonfactors. Total lootbags. I've spent time practicing and training in this game. My group has been practicing. We've been practicing mechanics, communication, tactics. Some people who haven't practiced are gonna step into the game and fight my group? Well I assume you could consider them 'factors' because we'll be factoring their loot into our banks.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
A nonfactor is someone who won't make a difference. For example when I go out and I flop some noobs 1v3 or 1v4 flawless, those guys are nonfactors. Total lootbags. I've spent time practicing and training in this game. My group has been practicing. We've been practicing mechanics, communication, tactics. Some people who haven't practiced are gonna step into the game and fight my group? Well I assume you could consider them 'factors' because we'll be factoring their loot into our banks.
What guild are you famo

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Once they learn the new mechs and get used to the super exploitable combat they will probably be where they were in MO1 whether that be higher or lower than shit tier, myself being firmly placed in the lower spectrum somewhere between garbage tier and Killox tier

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Once they learn the new mechs and get used to the super exploitable combat they will probably be where they were in MO1 whether that be higher or lower than shit tier, myself being firmly placed in the lower spectrum somewhere between garbage tier and Killox tier

Yeah but what I am considering is the groups, the numbers. If my guild brings 100+ people who have already played MO2, are playing it actively now and who know the game and the pvp really well, we're going to do pretty well for ourselves. There is not a single MO1 guild that can bring 100+ dudes to MO2 right now, I think, but if I am wrong and there is a former MO1 guild just sitting there with a bunch of dudes- all those guys have to come to MO2. They have to discover if they even like the game, then they have to put in the hours. They have to find their playstyle. They have to learn the new mechanics and the new metas. And since they didn't do any of that research in beta, it's going to take wayy longer for them to adjust in release. Meanwhile everyone else is just grinding because they know their home region like the back of their hand, they know the skills and books and grinds needed for everything.

Do you think we're going to get complacent while they grind up and learn? Like we're just going to plateau because we've hit some sort of skill ceiling? Nah dude we're going to keep growing in numbers, perfecting mechanics, increasing in average player skill. A lot of these MO2 guilds have core players from MO1 anyways, some of the best MO1 players are already at home in MO2. MO1 vets have no power here.

They'll spend months playing catch up, and when they are finally 'caught up', we've already moved further along and gotten even stronger to remain competitive. Do you think they're going to have great player retention as they repeatedly get dunked in a hardcore MMO? What would be the reason for a player to choose RPK (or, whoever- insert your inactive MO1 guild here) over a guild that is going to actually be winning fights? They'll spend a great deal of time to adjust and then they'll still be behind.

Don't get me wrong. I fully expect things to change at release. I don't think that these major alliances that have sliced up the map and marked their territory are just going to pull their piece of cake out and eat it. However, I don't think that MO1 guilds are going to pop in and take my cake away. No, I expect zerg guilds that infested games like ATLAS and Last Oasis will be the major threat at release, due to their huge numbers.

I hope some MO1 guild surprises me. I hope they're more resourceful, prepared, skilled and numerous compared to what I expect. But I don't think so. I do not think that is realistic to expect. I see no reason to believe it to be the case; the logic just doesn't hold up. If they do manage to become relevant, it will take months if not years for them to do so.

Athletes don't stop training when they win. Michael Phelps didn't come to the Olympics after sitting on his ass all day and go "yeah I won gold last time I think I got this." Let's be realistic, it's nothing but a fantasy that MO1 veterans are going to be the big dawgs for no reason. It's great to imagine. It's great to tell yourself you're just trying not to get burned out. It's nice that you think your buddies will all suddenly just be active bangers who dominate.

But it's a fantasy. Nothing but something dreamt up in vape clouds while sitting on couches. Just a fantasy, and nothing more.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Bakti is where legion goes to rebuild there egos. They go there often.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Yeah but what I am considering is the groups, the numbers. If my guild brings 100+ people who have already played MO2, are playing it actively now and who know the game and the pvp really well, we're going to do pretty well for ourselves. There is not a single MO1 guild that can bring 100+ dudes to MO2 right now, I think, but if I am wrong and there is a former MO1 guild just sitting there with a bunch of dudes- all those guys have to come to MO2. They have to discover if they even like the game, then they have to put in the hours. They have to find their playstyle. They have to learn the new mechanics and the new metas. And since they didn't do any of that research in beta, it's going to take wayy longer for them to adjust in release. Meanwhile everyone else is just grinding because they know their home region like the back of their hand, they know the skills and books and grinds needed for everything.

Do you think we're going to get complacent while they grind up and learn? Like we're just going to plateau because we've hit some sort of skill ceiling? Nah dude we're going to keep growing in numbers, perfecting mechanics, increasing in average player skill. A lot of these MO2 guilds have core players from MO1 anyways, some of the best MO1 players are already at home in MO2. MO1 vets have no power here.

They'll spend months playing catch up, and when they are finally 'caught up', we've already moved further along and gotten even stronger to remain competitive. Do you think they're going to have great player retention as they repeatedly get dunked in a hardcore MMO? What would be the reason for a player to choose RPK (or, whoever- insert your inactive MO1 guild here) over a guild that is going to actually be winning fights? They'll spend a great deal of time to adjust and then they'll still be behind.

Don't get me wrong. I fully expect things to change at release. I don't think that these major alliances that have sliced up the map and marked their territory are just going to pull their piece of cake out and eat it. However, I don't think that MO1 guilds are going to pop in and take my cake away. No, I expect zerg guilds that infested games like ATLAS and Last Oasis will be the major threat at release, due to their huge numbers.

I hope some MO1 guild surprises me. I hope they're more resourceful, prepared, skilled and numerous compared to what I expect. But I don't think so. I do not think that is realistic to expect. I see no reason to believe it to be the case; the logic just doesn't hold up. If they do manage to become relevant, it will take months if not years for them to do so.

Athletes don't stop training when they win. Michael Phelps didn't come to the Olympics after sitting on his ass all day and go "yeah I won gold last time I think I got this." Let's be realistic, it's nothing but a fantasy that MO1 veterans are going to be the big dawgs for no reason. It's great to imagine. It's great to tell yourself you're just trying not to get burned out. It's nice that you think your buddies will all suddenly just be active bangers who dominate.

But it's a fantasy. Nothing but something dreamt up in vape clouds while sitting on couches. Just a fantasy, and nothing more.

Zerg noob guilds that not play beta havent 0 chance be a solid factor un release.
The alliances organisate in beta Will have important position in release.

Last edited:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

The mo1 old guilds are active in beta. Not all of course, but much. And yes i agree. People that not play bata Will have serious problems un release

Last edited:

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Zerg noob guilds that not play beta havent 0 chance be a solid factor un release.
The alliances organisate in beta Will have important position in release.
I agree with you, but I also played Last Oasis and ATLAS at launch and I know what it feels like to just face solid numbers. Maybe you can kill 3, 5, 7 or even 10 guys by yourself but if you're outnumbered 20:1 you'll still die. Just the raw numbers will make them a factor if they come into the game with numbers that makes KOTO look like a small guild. Can't ignore the raw zerg. But yeah overall I 100% agree with you.

And I hope my words stir something in the MO1 vets. I hope they take it as a challenge. I hope they make me eat my words and throw what I've said in my face.

But I don't think they will. I don't think they can. I have no good reason to believe otherwise.

I played MO1. I was in the MO1 beta and I played at launch. I'm not exactly new to MO or Sandbox MMORPGs in general. This is what my judgment is based on that vast experience in the genre.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
A lot of these MO2 guilds have core players from MO1 anyways, some of the best MO1 players are already at home in MO2. MO1 vets have no power here.

Athletes don't stop training when they win. Michael Phelps didn't come to the Olympics after sitting on his ass all day and go "yeah I won gold last time I think I got this." Let's be realistic,
You say a lot without saying much.

The best MO1 players already at home in MO2 but MO1 players have no power? Confusion

If Michael Phelps stopped training for a year he would still slaughter over 95% of the world in the pool, but let's take that further, you put Michael Phelps on a race track and he would still beat 90% of the population in a foot race because he is an athlete, same goes for decent gamers, most skills are transferable from one game to the next.

I guess enjoy your zerg vs zerg "PvP"