Recent Events in Bakti

ProfessorOh

Mar 23, 2021
Good afternoon Nave! This post is to clarify recent events that have transpired in Bakti involving the council and an individual who was previously a member.

For over a decade since the early days of Mortal Online 1, the city of Bakti has served as a trade hub, a gateway to the jungle and a home for new players to the game. It is dedicated to a peaceful city and local environment.

In Mortal Online 2, the Bakti Council was established to continue this journey. The Council was a formation of 11 member guilds. This included guilds who were new to Mortal Online as well as some who had previously played a significant role being custodian of the Bakti Keeps throughout MO1. The Council also has established relationships with guilds who may not be based in Bakti, but acknowledge our role in managing the city.

The Council determined to secure the Bakti Keep to assist in maintaining Bakti's status as a neutral trade hub. All guilds were expected to contribute in their own way to this effort.

On December 3rd, the Bakti Council members who had participated in the acquisition of Bakti Keep spoke on issues deeply concerning the Council, issues centered on a Council member and the leader of Darkblood Coven, Azaad. This Council member had previously disagreed with a council vote along with a few others to create a conglomerate guild to manage the Bakti Keep in a neutral and fair way, the vote passed 8 to 3. After this vote those who voted against it became more inactive in participation in the Council and went on to form an alliance outside of the Bakti region. During this time the Council guilds working on the keep preparations received no help, or attempt to help from these groups, nor did they join meetings held in the Bakti public discord about preparations.

After securing the keep, the guilds involved spoke about the issue and some other disturbing information we received about the actions of this group and decided to speak to Azaad directly to have him transfer ownership of the Bakti public discord to a neutral Council member the Council would choose.

When approached about this decision Azaad became antagonistic and declared that this decision was a conspiracy against him and that democracy is dead, among other such remarks. At his insistence the Council conducted a vote in the Council voting channel, stating that he would transfer the discord if it passed. The vote was 7-2 for the discord being transferred.

At this point he decided that the Council vote did not matter and stated that his own guilds council would have to vote on the issue, and stated that democracy is dead and ranted more about how this was a disrespectful decision and he was being conspired against.

Minutes after he left the channel, and spammed the entire discord server with the below message:

"ATTENTION @everyone

As a result of failed democracy, and fearmongering Darkblood Coven has been requested to step down from the server. after receiving false accusations and taking the time to Form this council. The Darkblood Coven will no longer support the Bakti Council.

THIS WAS A DEMOCRACY!

All members were to convene and vote on decisions. but if The Council chooses to make decisions to remove members behind said members' backs as was done with REQ, then its purpose has failed just as it did in MO1. Those who believe their politics are correct may form a new council of their own accord!

Best of luck to all of you. and best of wishes to the civilians of Bakti!"

Another minute later the entire Bakti village discord was deleted.

In relation to the Guild Requiem (REQ), they remain a member guild of the Bakti Council, albeit with an inactive leadership team. One of the REQ leaders left REQ to join another guild who was not on the Bakti Council. The Bakti Council formed the view this player should not retain their Guild Leader status on the Council and vote 9-3 to limit their Bakti Village discord permissions and remove guild leader status.

So here it all is. The Bakti Council wishes to be transparent with issues such as this and is open to any questions.

Respectfully;

Professor Oh
On Behalf of Bakti Council

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
How is this in the General Discussion instead of the Guild Politics section?

When do we hear opposing or varying views of the situation?

This clarifies events from one perspective but not persons; do you intend to name names? If not, I salute your discretion.

Reactions: ProfessorOh

ProfessorOh

Mar 23, 2021
I definitely did not say all that from after the first sentence. Want to try formatting that agaain?

In answer to your questions:

How is this in the General Discussion instead of the Guild Politics section?

Figured it belonged here, since it effected many in the community, and wasn't a specificly guild issue, more a community one. Many people used that Discord to communicate and trade with the people in the area, and have questioned what happened to the server (it has since been rebuilt, and I'm happy to provide invites to anyone who wants access).

When do we hear opposing or varying views of the situation?

The whole point of making a public post was to invite discourse on the subject. The Bakti Council feels it is important to be transparent about what transpired, and we went to lengths to only write facts in this post, and not let it be colored by personal feelings.

This clarifies events from one perspective but not persons; do you intend to name names? If not, I salute your discretion.

This is definitely written from the perspective of the guilds on the Bakti Council, and we all had a voice in its creation. If you are looking for specific names, I leave that to each individual Council member if they wish to disclose that information. I myself have no problem with offering up that information personally, and as such volunteered to make this post on their behalf.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Interesting, Considering Darkblood Covern is a guild made up of spies specifically designed to sell intelligence on other guilds. They have approached me several times previously attempting to sell me information on HoJ and other groups.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Interesting, Considering Darkblood Covern is a guild made up of spies specifically designed to sell intelligence on other guilds. They have approached me several times previously attempting to sell me information on HoJ and other groups.

Oh, so creative and fun guys. I love creative guilds. It sounds really interesting.
They must have a lot of fun. I hope they don't spy on the RBT!
haha

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe and Konrad

Maxiumus

Sep 14, 2021

They do a pretty bad job of it too, considering they leak information like a sieve and have like zero awareness of how much people know of their own actions.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
They do a pretty bad job of it too, considering they leak information like a sieve and have like zero awareness of how much people know of their own actions.
Maybe that's just roleplaying, so that people will think they're harmless.
I hope they don't spy on the RBT!
But you praised their creativity! Can't you play along? No?
... No-one's more humourless than a banker, am I right?
Only in Nave could such a group end up on a Council of guilds. Fun times.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
11 guilds wow that is one massive zerg alliance, you should fight for control of the keep imo

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Maxiumus

Sep 14, 2021
11 guilds wow that is one massive zerg alliance, you should fight for control of the keep imo
It is not a typical alliance. But a group that plans to build bakti up and keep it a safe-ish high population hub of player activity as it has been in the past. Outside of the immediate vicinity of bakti the council guilds handle their own politics and are not obligated to be involved with each other.

In bakti, they are working towards the same goal of keeping the town alive and thriving and work togethor to do so.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I am not involved, as I live in the North, but I cannot say I am surprised. It takes a certain level of integrity and vulnerability to maintain a level head in such a Council, especially when your personal views are not crowned victor by vote - two traits I find the majority of humans lack strength in, in general.

I think it's important to keep in mind that sometimes, voters can be too similar. As in, if 8 of 11 guilds agree one specific way, sure you have the majority, but what is the subtext? The majority does not always mean objective truth or fairness. Though, I cannot speak to this occasion, I think it is worthy food for thought.

I hope that this Bakti Council continues forward with posts. I find reading about these things interesting, and they add depth to the game. Just be careful not to assume that everyone cares - a lot won't. Just ignore them and keep on keeping on. Unless, of course, the Council suddenly found itself outnumbered in the region. If such an event were to occur, an evaluation of values would be important. It's all too easy to get stuck to single minded ideals.

Reactions: Serverus

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
What I don't get is, why are there spy groups, political plays, and alliances in a test environment? No point try harding when it's all wiping away start of next year. Everything that occurs means nothing. All the tears, backstabbing and brain power usage, means zilch.

Though I will say a fresh political scene in MO2 is nice to see. The last 4 or so years of MO1's life cycle, the political landscape and guilds at play became quite lackluster and pathetic.

Reactions: ProfessorOh

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
The majority does not always mean objective truth or fairness.
True. The famous example is four wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.
What I don't get is, why are there spy groups, political plays, and alliances in a test environment?
Could be fun, could be practice, could be a belief that it's never too early to start. We've seen two Mortal betas by now. Do we really expect everyone in them to be focused on testing? That's ideal, of course.
Everything that occurs means nothing. All the tears, backstabbing and brain power usage, means zilch.
To you.
Not everyone is such a Zen master.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
What I don't get is, why are there spy groups, political plays, and alliances in a test environment? No point try harding when it's all wiping away start of next year. Everything that occurs means nothing. All the tears, backstabbing and brain power usage, means zilch.

Though I will say a fresh political scene in MO2 is nice to see. The last 4 or so years of MO1's life cycle, the political landscape and guilds at play became quite lackluster and pathetic.
Apparently they got a wholeass incident report section and errything for something as small as a gank. Sounds like a headache to me. But yes it is kind of entertaining isn't it?

ProfessorOh

Mar 23, 2021

I would argue that building relationships with other players and guilds are one of the things that CAN'T be wiped away come launch. The people you interacted with will likely by there at release, and barring changing your name and voice, your reputation from beta can definitely follow you, for better or worse. Testing the guild and keep and social mechanics in the game, and realizing their limitations, is also a big part of playing in the beta imo.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
True. The famous example is four wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.

Could be fun, could be practice, could be a belief that it's never too early to start. We've seen two Mortal betas by now. Do we really expect everyone in them to be focused on testing? That's ideal, of course.
To you.
Not everyone is such a Zen master.
I don't expect people test like madmen/madwoman non stop, just don't see the point in playing the alpha/beta like it's in a live persistent state. Sure, practice for things like PvP will help. But the political landscape is going to be much more severe, most of the major political factions/guilds aren't playing right now or taking things seriously.

The political landscape is going to shift severely for a lot these guilds making claims on land and resources during Alpha/Beta. When the sweaty players and guilds appear and the hibernating ones return and take things serious, all this alpha/beta lore and marks to claims will mean nothing. For a lot of people it's going to be a shock.

But, What ever floats their boat and keeps them happy, I guess.

I would argue that building relationships with other players and guilds are one of the things that CAN'T be wiped away come launch. The people you interacted with will likely by there at release, and barring changing your name and voice, your reputation from beta can definitely follow you, for better or worse. Testing the guild and keep and social mechanics in the game, and realizing their limitations, is also a big part of playing in the beta imo.
No point basing judgement on guilds or people during a test environment, because it is just that. People are doing stupid shit, testing game mechanics outs, testing out how game systems work. Being marked, judged and labeled for something they're doing in a test environment trying to learn is, well, dumb. Especially considering a large portion of players are new, and have no idea what way is up or down.

Also a lot of the major players and factions/guilds are inactive until release, and the ones that do regularly play are rocking fake guild tags & character names. So a lot of these lists people are making, are going to be pointless come persistence. Wasted effort for something that doesn't matter tbh.

Apparently they got a wholeass incident report section and errything for something as small as a gank. Sounds like a headache to me. But yes it is kind of entertaining isn't it?
It is entertaining, a little interesting too lol

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I don't expect people test like madmen/madwoman non stop, just don't see the point in playing the alpha/beta like it's in a live persistent state. Sure, practice for things like PvP will help. But the political landscape is going to be much more severe, most of the major political factions/guilds aren't playing right now or taking things seriously.

The political landscape is going to shift severely for a lot these guilds making claims on land and resources during Alpha/Beta. When the sweaty players and guilds appear and the hibernating ones return and take things serious, all this alpha/beta lore and marks to claims will mean nothing. For a lot of people it's going to be a shock.

But, What ever floats their boat and keeps them happy, I guess.

No point basing judgement on guilds or people during a test environment, because it is just that. People are doing stupid shit, testing game mechanics outs, testing out how game systems work. Being marked, judged and labeled for something they're doing in a test environment trying to learn is, well, dumb. Especially considering a large portion of players are new, and have no idea what way is up or down.

Also a lot of the major players and factions/guilds are inactive until release, and the ones that do regularly play are rocking fake guild tags & character names. So a lot of these lists people are making, are going to be pointless come persistence. Wasted effort for something that doesn't matter tbh.

It is entertaining, a little interesting too lol

With all due respect, I think you are quite wrong about the fact that politics will change drastically. I also don't think there is no point in making claims in the beta. Many unions that have put in effort and dedication have wanted to send out a clear message.
Will powerful guilds come in the release? Safe. Can they just outgrow and sideline guilds that have been playing beta intensively for months and have strengthened their internal cohesion and that are run by award-winning veterans with years of experience? I really doubt it.
The fate of any new guild with pretensions, which ignores the claims of the dominant and veteran guilds, will be destruction.
I don't think politics changes as much as you think. And before you say "you are not informed". Yes, I'm informed ajja. I know who is coming and I know what will happen (more or less) but I insist, I would not underestimate the importance of beta work.
On the contrary, I think that those guilds that have put work into the beta are revealing their relentless determination to survive the release. Nothing will change. Actually, the game has already started.

About the main players not in the beta ... haha.
No, it is wrong. 90% of the most important players are in the beta. It's obvious. They only mii two or three. The rest are already here.

Last edited: