Promised content

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Just thought I would make a spot to keep track of Promised Content yet to be delivered. It would be great to see these form part of the next 12 month roadmap.

This does not include rebalance or many current fixes required.

Boats promised 12 years ago
Wagons promised in mo1 and again in mo2 beta
Ability to ride any creature large enough
Mo2 VR
Sea combat better than Sea of Theives
Dark and darker portals
Bounty system for red players (edited)
Fist weapons
Throwing weapons
Kite shields
7-8 continents
Under water dungeons
More world bosses (was meant to be with original release)
Working siege mechanics
True territory control
Trinket crafting
Legacy/veteran player reward system
Multi character/spec system
Working weather system
Working heat/cold system
Gore/dismemberment system
Permanent scars
Injury System
Arena
Animal Breeding
Player made banners/Tabards/Flags
Dragons
Epic monsters that only appear once and can be tamed or killed
Roaming Risar/bandit camps
Pet armor for all pets
Melee combat Techniques
Thievery
Alliance Mechanics
Meteors
Relics
Legendary Weapons
Risar Rep
Lyakators/Donkeys/Mules/Bull Horses etc..
Adrenaline system
Mountable enemy player corpses (Stick on walls/spikes etc)
New fishing rods
System like the Jedi from SWG
Functional Tax system
Staff Magic
Illusionism
Dragon Magic
Symbolism
Animism
Fire Arrows
Poison Arrows
Coating for weapons
Faster switching of weapons with clade
Dismantle/repair option
Change of weapons to be fully effective below 50% dura
Clothing
Bar Games
Server Capacity over 2400
10000 concurrent players
Tagmaton invasion
Ogh/Skadite flux
Caravan system
Guild Guard Rota
Roaming Guards on Roads
Waves
Fish harpoons/Hand fishing
Faction wars Khurite vs Tindremic etc
Full Tindrem (Missing several zones)
Demons
Underworld
Controller support
Map making
Note making
Arrow Crafting
Lock Picking
Pilfering
Player inspect (Check loot while in mercy)
Task system
Chat filters
Market filters
Permanent Ritual Tables
Special ritual tables placed in world
Barber/Appearance change
Special Tattoos/Haircuts found in world
Farms
Ability to sell items from player vendors
Finishing Moves
Guild Logs
House Logs/Chests etc
NPC Interactions
Night Vision
Sophistication Cooking
Instruments
New Tutorial
Player Tavens
Player Farms
Weapopn/Armour Enchantments
Notice Boards
Custom Housing
Sarducca/Meduli Housing
Khurtie Housing
Unique world events
Duel Wield

Last edited:

Austin

Apr 12, 2022
It would be nice if SV would at least admit that most of these things will never happen.

Reactions: Daikos

manure

May 7, 2022
Just thought I would make a spot to keep track of Promised Content yet to be delivered. It would be great to see these form part of the next 12 month roadmap.

This does not include rebalance or many current fixes required.

Boats promised 12 years ago
Wagons promised in mo1 and again in mo2 beta
Ability to ride any creature large enough
Mo2 VR
Sea combat better than Sea of Theives
Dark and darker portals
Bounty system for red players (edited)
Fist weapons
Throwing weapons
Kite shields
7-8 continents
Under water dungeons
More world bosses (was meant to be with original release)
Working siege mechanics
True territory control
Trinket crafting
Legacy/veteran player reward system
Multi character/spec system
Working weather system
Working heat/cold system
Gore/dismemberment system
Permanent scars
Injury System
Arena
Animal Breeding
Player made banners/Tabards/Flags
Dragons
Epic monsters that only appear once and can be tamed or killed
Roaming Risar/bandit camps
Pet armor for all pets
Melee combat Techniques
Thievery
Alliance Mechanics
Meteors
Relics
Legendary Weapons
Risar Rep
Lyakators/Donkeys/Mules/Bull Horses etc..
Adrenaline system
Mountable enemy player corpses (Stick on walls/spikes etc)
New fishing rods
System like the Jedi from SWG
Functional Tax system
Staff Magic
Illusionism
Dragon Magic
Symbolism
Animism
Fire Arrows
Poison Arrows
Coating for weapons
Faster switching of weapons with clade
Dismantle/repair option
Change of weapons to be fully effective below 50% dura
Clothing
Bar Games
Server Capacity over 2400
10000 concurrent players
Tagmaton invasion
Ogh/Skadite flux
Caravan system
Guild Guard Rota
Roaming Guards on Roads
Waves
Fish harpoons/Hand fishing
Faction wars Khurite vs Tindremic etc
Full Tindrem (Missing several zones)
Demons
Underworld
Controller support
Map making
Note making
Arrow Crafting
Lock Picking
Pilfering
Player inspect (Check loot while in mercy)
Task system
Chat filters
Market filters
Permanent Ritual Tables
Special ritual tables placed in world
Barber/Appearance change
Special Tattoos/Haircuts found in world
Farms
Ability to sell items from player vendors
Finishing Moves
Guild Logs
House Logs/Chests etc
NPC Interactions
Night Vision
Sophistication Cooking

Yes man.. Where is THIEVING ??
I have been waiting for thieving since february 2022.

If we depend on VOTING for stuff like these, they will never happen... Because everyone hates thieves... nobody likes being poisoned... noone cares about sea monsters, breeding horses, etc... If they dont cater to the minority desires, this game wont be different from the others... it wont attract all kinds of people, therefore it will fail !

This votation idea is horrible. Who is going to vote for evil things ? This is ridiculous... The PKs and thieves will never receive any content this way.

The devs need to attend to GOOD and EVIL players in the same level.

If they want to ruin the evil gameplay, by adding guards outside town, at least they should add SOMETHING to please the evil players... Like THIEVING for example ! Or poisoning...

Reactions: CherryKush

Wilhelm Windlicht

Aug 18, 2023
More Dungeons and Places, which are not blocked 24/7, would be also nice -> PvE Content.

Balance and upgrade pure mages so that they are not just sword fodder

Gardening

Custom Houses

Champ Spawns as in UO

faster respawning creatures / Mobs

And a much larger Haven

(dont add thievery as in mo1, everyone hate it)

Aldrich

May 18, 2022
Let's be honest, with how slowly SV is making progress with their team you can pick about 4 of those and then wait another year but it would be nice to see if every roadmap is 3 parts of that list and one new part isntead of 4 new parts.

Also working sieging mechanics = you fire the manganon and the structure takes damage. Don't even bother to interpret that as anything else.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
Do you honestly believe any of that would give Mortal 2 mass appeal? You understand that for a MMO to exist, for it to survive it does need mass appeal. There is no compromising here, It is actually in the name itself; "Mass"ively Multiplayer online game.

You need to focus on the basics first. Don't waste your time chasing dragons. You need to get the average solo player winning in this game or closer to a state of winning. We can't keep ignoring why Mortal 2 is unpopular; it's not dragons, it's not poisons, it's not thieving and if we keep lying to ourselves we won't be doing us any favors.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Do you honestly believe any of that would give Mortal 2 mass appeal? You understand that for a MMO to exist, for it to survive it does need mass appeal. There is no compromising here, It is actually in the name itself; "Mass"ively Multiplayer online game.

You need to focus on the basics first. Don't waste your time chasing dragons. You need to get the average solo player winning in this game or closer to a state of winning. We can't keep ignoring why Mortal 2 is unpopular; it's not dragons, it's not poisons, it's not thieving and if we keep lying to ourselves we won't be doing us any favors.

imo people will always zerg up and try to bully out the average solo player. It takes a special type to be in an MMO and solo, and especially in a hardcore pvp sandbox (tho I dunno how many of those words still apply haha.)

That's why guilds like ETERNAL exist. "I'm still here" tag. That's what solo life is gonna be like, regardless. For that trade off, you get freedom, though. There are many pluses! I try to tell people on steam or whatever to not worry about people telling them you have to be in a guild, that's sissy advice.

In the same way that I suggest people should learn the game and then, if they want, decide to join a guild, SV should also make the game good and THEN market it to mass audience. So, some of this stuff is def important. Infact, I'm gonna make a thread about that 50% dura thing because that's just nonsense. That's something they could fix at UE5 launch. It would make more sense to reduce all dura by 50% and have things break at the end. lool. Of course, that's not what I have in mind, but just saying.

Fartbox, are you a solo, roll w/ me I'll show you what winning is :eek: It's mindstate and most of the baddest doods I've met were solos. They are often capable, like they could make their own guild or whatever, but they prefer to just chill. Game will always be zerg friendly, but you just have to learn to shrug it off... like when 20 nameless zerged me in front of my house, it's like oh ok, you guys are going to lose a lot of horses for that. haha. And the time around duli they were running around with one of their SH gates open. It's like Heyyy. Nubslaughter.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
imo people will always zerg up and try to bully out the average solo player. It takes a special type to be in an MMO and solo, and especially in a hardcore pvp sandbox (tho I dunno how many of those words still apply haha.)

There are over 300k players playing full loot PVP MMO's right now at this very moment. They just aren't playing this one. And it's because Mortal 2 plays poorly solo and to a lesser extent the learning curve. But even if you reach the end of the learning curve the game still plays poorly solo.

Last edited:

Mad Jugger

Aug 8, 2022
There are over 300k players playing full loot PVP MMO's right now at this very moment. They just aren't playing this one. And it's because Mortal 2 plays poorly solo and to a lesser extent the learning curve. But even if you reach the end of the learning curve the game still plays poorly solo.
I can't agree more with this statement. I would also like to add very buggy and exploitable systems. I dislike it when people try and use the argument that not many people want to play a hardcore full loot game. When what over 100k bought it at release and there are plenty of people playing full loot games. Just not this one or the first one. Heck there are more people playing player run UO shards.

Reactions: Rahz and Gnidex

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
I can't agree more with this statement. I would also like to add very buggy and exploitable systems. I dislike it when people try and use the argument that not many people want to play a hardcore full loot game. When what over 100k bought it at release and there are plenty of people playing full loot games. Just not this one or the first one. Heck there are more people playing player run UO shards.

I don't think Henrik can reconcile with this unless the current player base becomes very assertive about it. I also don't even know if they can code the necessary changes in Unreal Engine. All the successful full-loot MMO's were proprietary engines(except albion) with granular control mechanisms allowing developers to have a great deal of control over the environment and player interaction - IE: Single combat zones in OSRS or Hellgates in Albion. I don't know if coding something like that is even possible in Unreal.

But the nuclear option is always just add abilities, movement, and lower the TTK to extremely low levels. That typically satisfy's the unit of 1 requirement in PVP games where there are no hard restraints on how many players can be involved in the fighting.

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Some things I can think of promised and what I also consider missing content in MO2.

- Weapon & armor enhancements (Whetstones, armor tools etc from MO1)
- Weapon & armor enchantments (Promised in MO1)
- Mage tower enterable/dungeon (Promised in MO1)
- Pissing horses (bring it back lel)
- Cerulite
- WORKING spear stance
- Demon spawn POI
- Demon pillars
- Cave camp tephra mines & tunnels
- Expanded Huegar cave w/ city (Planned for MO1, probably something to do with block Hyllspeia dungeon entrance in MO2)
- Writable books & notes
- Functioning notice board
- Unique world events based on lore(like MO1 Malturn, Three Risar Kings etc)

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
- Unique world events based on lore(like MO1 Malturn, Three Risar Kings etc)

Risar invasion like MO1: The invasion started in the GK area and even reached the front of Tindrem. The whole server had been fighting to throw them back.

Poison on weapons, not only arrows: Yes, I'm an alchemist and already playing with poison. But just for fun. Suicide potions :)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

YEAH BUT WE AREN'T?!

WE CAN PLAY THOSE GAMES BUT WE DON'T. Think about that. THINK ABOUT THAT. I have my problems with MO but the rest of the games I played were utter dogshite. I want a game that is A. objectively good and B. good fun for me. I came to MO and stayed because it was good for ME. I know other people like it, too, because I've seen them.

This thread is about all of the stuff Henrik pulls out of his ass when he's geeking on stream haha. Most of it was content in MO1, or a decent amount. If they can get back to that level.

Keep that in mind, tho, man, I told you this before. People are playing MO. They might go to those games as a little rage, but they come back here. That's the trump card Henrik has and why (IMO) he believes he can do no wrong. He could lose it, though, he HAS in a lot of ways lost it, but the idea is still true.

If you wanna pull out a raw number of how many people are playing full loot pvp mmos, imagine the number of people (vets) who quit MO forever and move on to another, similar game. I'd say the percentage of that is VERY LOW, and I would imagine as soon as they start getting into it, they want what MO has to offer.

One of the guys who really did that was that kranik dude (sp?) who went to Life is Feudal. Good on him. I tried it. It's fun to dig mines? haha.

Your logical fallacy is assuming MO is similar to those other games, but most people who move on from MO go back to 'other games' like the kind of games you said people played who weren't capable of giving feedback. Doesn't that kind of give you an idea about how MO might be different, though?

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
YEAH BUT WE AREN'T?!

WE CAN PLAY THOSE GAMES BUT WE DON'T. Think about that. THINK ABOUT THAT. I have my problems with MO but the rest of the games I played were utter dogshite. I want a game that is A. objectively good and B. good fun for me. I came to MO and stayed because it was good for ME. I know other people like it, too, because I've seen them.

This thread is about all of the stuff Henrik pulls out of his ass when he's geeking on stream haha. Most of it was content in MO1, or a decent amount. If they can get back to that level.

Keep that in mind, tho, man, I told you this before. People are playing MO. They might go to those games as a little rage, but they come back here. That's the trump card Henrik has and why (IMO) he believes he can do no wrong. He could lose it, though, he HAS in a lot of ways lost it, but the idea is still true.

If you wanna pull out a raw number of how many people are playing full loot pvp mmos, imagine the number of people (vets) who quit MO forever and move on to another, similar game. I'd say the percentage of that is VERY LOW, and I would imagine as soon as they start getting into it, they want what MO has to offer.

One of the guys who really did that was that kranik dude (sp?) who went to Life is Feudal. Good on him. I tried it. It's fun to dig mines? haha.

Your logical fallacy is assuming MO is similar to those other games, but most people who move on from MO go back to 'other games' like the kind of games you said people played who weren't capable of giving feedback. Doesn't that kind of give you an idea about how MO might be different, though?
Dude, they aren't coming to MO, after TC the daily player count went from like 1,5k to 1,2k and dropping. Why is that? Because the game is just poorly designed and implemented.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dude, they aren't coming to MO, after TC the daily player count went from like 1,5k to 1,2k and dropping. Why is that? Because the game is just poorly designed and implemented.
exactly, but that's a flaw of SV. IF the flaw was fixed, they would come back. Most people have seen the light and stopped trying. It would not take more than a week to fix the game tbh lol. Maybe a few to adjust balance. The thing is, some of the people who are playing now might rage quit, and there has been a core audience shift because I think Henrik believes he can't retain the original core player base.

It's just not good in a lot of ways. It can be played in a certain way, but they are continuing to go in the wrong direction and adding trash content.

NOT adding the stuff listed. But it still needs to go back to its 'hardcore' roots. Some of their fails are rolling out content fails which affects players, too, but mainly it's a theory problem. The soul and direction of MO is wrong. It became less unique.

Edit: for instance, if you have the people and the ability, sieging should not be hard. That's a big flaw. That alone has affected the game. As fartbox said, it's backwards... and it is. In a way he sees fab as more dangerous as GK but he's not counting actually trying to mass produce ogh there. But the backwards part is that they believing making the game more safe is gonna bring more players, but it's not. Making siege really hard is gonna keep people who prol don't deserve to hold spots anyway, but it's not going to get the core MO player. Total shift, like I said. It's a niche game for a niche audience, or was. It still is, but it's driven off like 1/3rd of its audience.

Last edited: