• No

Votes: 60 51.7%
  • Results

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
green text is original post text

Lots of the dedicated player base is not happy with the recent changes to the priest.
( hummmm and a lot are happy with it )

People came and supported this game from the beginning when no one else would be cause we wanted a decent PvP MMO.

( and many wanted some change to the griefing mechanic huhu )

This doesnt just affect the murderhobo "greifers"
(it affect them the most )

. This affects town defenders the hardest. Every player gets murdercounts(NO)
, that is the nature of the game and you are now punishing the majority of the player base for defending them selves because they have 5 MCs. You get attacked by groups of people in this game some of them go grey some of them stay blue. Do you not attack the blue mage who is charging a Thunder Lash while his buddy is swinging at you? You you not land the first hit when a archer is trying to hit you but misses? Do you let one of the two people swinging at you hit while blocking the other so you dont go grey? Do you watch your friend get murdered because some one blue blocked him? Some one steals your loot, which doesnt make them go grey, do you do nothing about it? ( for how i understand this part , this give a certain advantage to red player , soooooooo , they should be happy with it ? i mean hey , you have a criminal action toggle , use it , blue block is and was a thing since i can remember in mo1 )
If you dont have MCs its because you dont play the game, you hit a person once by accident they die hours from now and you get MCd.
( and gain you have a criminal action toggle , use it )

One reason people who are fighting from guardzone lose a lot is because they have criminal actions turned off. You are telling your playerbase that you have to play at a disadvantage by not being able to hurt hostile blue named players.
( well , this has nothing to do with red priest update , if you go grey in the middle of a near town fight and you arent mounted , guard will kill you , so toggle of is sorta your seatbelt here )

No reason to make red priest a 30 minute or more walk. Time gating and punishing people for finding PvP in the only places that has people is the a game play design issue. The issue is not the player and the player does not need to be punished for making content for the game. Other steps players have mentioned to reduce the around town PvP in positive manners.
( and most of the player base asked for eons that "criminal players" be more punishable )

Every rep/guard/law changes you have done outside of removing red names has failed. Please for the sake of your game do not continue to double down. This change will only force people to quit or walk 30 mins to get places.
( and if you leave it like it was before , once big guild have keep , pilled up mats and get bored , town camp will become a thing again like in mo1 and it will become unplayable every night and all small group/solo player will quit ( like in mo1 )

frankly , will i understand that this update make it harder for people that get the fun from killing others , it make it more real too , i mean , for once , pvp player have a real punishment that isn't abusable ! most of the idea that are in the forum are either abusable or worst than just moving priest

bounty ? >>>> abusable by even a 5 year old kid

"criminal" status ban you from some bench and town ? >>> multi account or just even a blue friend

guard patrol at random >>> either too few and no effect or too much and that will really kill pvp in the wild , and even as a pve guy i don't want that

dam it , i get it's hard to make everyone happy , but if i go solo someplace and get ganked/zerged/whatever , i'll get a " this is how the game is , git gud "
because when i do so i take a risk to get some mats or whatever ; here you are , if you wanna be a bad boy , wich is easier than just farming , you get a punishment worth the reward !

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I did not vote because I really don't have a dog in the show.

But I think the issue is only temporary since they plan on putting red priests near every keep. That alone will put priest pretty close to most areas and open up the keep areas for battle. Granted it would be better if players did not go red defending their own areas. But that is another discussion.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

But I think the issue is only temporary since they plan on putting red priests near every keep. That alone will put priest pretty close to most areas and open up the keep areas for battle. Granted it would be better if players did not go red defending their own areas. But that is another discussion.

that's the forever issue: how to decide if pvp is warranted w/ any system. It sucks. There should be way more leeway for people to pvp it out over stuff. People should stop being salty and giving MCs when they lose a fight. If you get mount zerged, I personally wouldn't give a MC, but that's more understandable, but if you are fighting like in a group fight or whatever and you actually give a MC, you are a jerkoff. If there was a way to stop that from happening (and there isn't, you might think there is, but there's not... there might be ways to better address it, but no system can tell if you were really trying to fight or if you were just swinging a few times while you got rekt,) the whole murder count thing would work a lot better.

AGAIN, that's why I advocate (lol I need to like make a wav of this and put it to play in every thread) for a kind of local grey flag choice for people. If you go to fight, you fight, but you can't give a MC cuz you are a saltyboy. If you get murdered, it's your choice to give a MC. But IMO it's an abuse of the MC system to give MCs in a battle.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Putting red priest at every keep is a horrible idea. Nakeds can just rejoin any fight at the keep and just return to pick up their loot. Also it doesnt solve the issue as most keeps are too far away from the places people need to get too. Literally putting a enemy ress point outside all the keeps.

Also most keeps are at least 30 mins away from any town if not a hour away. Look at meduli which is a 30 min walk right now if you die and the keeps are only slightly closer to that town.

Biggest issue is half implementations of systems. Its not a temporary problem when then ruin the game for weeks every month after half implementing a system. If they wanted to add the red priest at keeps first and then take them away after (still a bad idea) then it would have been a lot better then removing the priest first and then adding the fix for the system they just broke weeks later. SV will always be half implementing the problems of a system first and not after they add the fix first.

Just not logic or common sense how they willy nilly do changes to the game, especially when they dont know how the game is played or works.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I would be fine with the priest changes IF those priests were more than priests. As I said in another topic, I think they should be outposts. Bank, reagent vendors, arrow vendors, stables etc. Not with all the crafting stations and everything but enough stuff that if you've done some prep work you can regear and rejoin the fight.

Jungle Camp and Cave Camp should be fully reverted to red towns and given all the amenities a regular town gets (including stables). Essentially brought on par with Kranesh and Gaul'Kor. Additionally, a red town equal to Kran and GK should be put somewhere in the SW. South of Meduli. Possibly a pirate port.

I actually kind of like the idea of it being a bit harder for reds who just died to go straight back to harassing newbs at the graveyard. But I don't like that this gives reds basically nothing in the way of areas they CAN go and res and regear for most of the map.

Bear in mind with all the changes, blues have access to ALL of this. We just also retain access to all our blue towns. So there are still some big upsides to being blue, reds just can play a bit more viably.

"That's what TC is for." Cool. So one house per person. Guess you don't want any reds to play and enjoy the game that don't have a zerg guild with houses spread all over that map? The groups that stand to benefit the most from this are little 1-10man red guilds. Newbs who come into the game and want to be bandits. Big red guilds and experienced griefers (those two groups are not always the same thing btw) already have ways to adapt.

PS. I am a blue. I am ARPK. Most my friends are ARPK. That doesn't mean I want the game to suck for other playstyles though. These changes go too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: strycio

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I have not been there since the change but I hear they removed the red priest from cave camp as well.

I have always thought of that as a red camp. I agree that removing red priest there would be taking things to far and I would get behind changing that back.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
"A game highly dictated by politics."

Henrik the best person to persuade for politics. He'll win you the game. Henrik just add walls, regs and guards to jc and cc.

Just make sure to never add tc and you'll actually make money Henrik, good change. I'm disappointed with your loss of vision, but go ahead and make your bread Henrik.

Nezris

Jan 22, 2022
It just reminds me of a group of teenage game developers. It shouldn't be so black and white. Make the system more complex to suit multiple play-styles. Read my "Making The Current Systems More Complex" post for what I think should happen. I voted yes anyways here though.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I would be fine with the priest changes IF those priests were more than priests. As I said in another topic, I think they should be outposts. Bank, reagent vendors, arrow vendors, stables etc. Not with all the crafting stations and everything but enough stuff that if you've done some prep work you can regear and rejoin the fight.

Jungle Camp and Cave Camp should be fully reverted to red towns and given all the amenities a regular town gets (including stables). Essentially brought on par with Kranesh and Gaul'Kor. Additionally, a red town equal to Kran and GK should be put somewhere in the SW. South of Meduli. Possibly a pirate port.

I actually kind of like the idea of it being a bit harder for reds who just died to go straight back to harassing newbs at the graveyard. But I don't like that this gives reds basically nothing in the way of areas they CAN go and res and regear for most of the map.

Bear in mind with all the changes, blues have access to ALL of this. We just also retain access to all our blue towns. So there are still some big upsides to being blue, reds just can play a bit more viably.

"That's what TC is for." Cool. So one house per person. Guess you don't want any reds to play and enjoy the game that don't have a zerg guild with houses spread all over that map? The groups that stand to benefit the most from this are little 1-10man red guilds. Newbs who come into the game and want to be bandits. Big red guilds and experienced griefers (those two groups are not always the same thing btw) already have ways to adapt.

PS. I am a blue. I am ARPK. Most my friends are ARPK. That doesn't mean I want the game to suck for other playstyles though. These changes go too far.

while i support the addition of another or more red town , camps are camps , believe me when i say i want and equerry and a bag bench in jungle camp ... but it's also what make it a bit on the empty side

about the solo red guy , well , think about the solo blue guy :d

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Red priest dont need to be just outside of every town. If a group of people want to camp a graveyard or anywhere else near a town, and they die, they should basically be out of the fight (unless they have a rez mage). If anything it was more carebear to have a red priest so close to town so you could just jump back in the fight with your group and continue fighting the gz warriors. Being red comes with consequences. Is it annoying to die and have to respawn so far away? Sure. I'm sure it's also annoying having reds camp outside your town, and when you kill one he is back in 2 minutes getting his gearset back from his friends. Meanwhile people are struggling to get out of town to do other stuff.

I do agree there could be a few more out in the world and placed in better locations. Henrik absolutely made the change to red priests near towns to try to deter noob ganking though.

Also I think the JC change was a good one. At least move the red priest a bit further outside of the camp. Killing some naked idiot over and over so that he doesn't kill your horse with his worn shorts word is just stupid. I wouldn't even be opposed to losing your worn shorts word when you go red to prevent this.

Edit: I've already said this but I'll say it again. Obviously this change was half implemented and should have been better. Putting red priests outside of every keep isn't a good thing either.