Please remove this 30 minutes log out system.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Its awful. Nobody likes it. It makes you not even want to log in unless i have hours and hours available to play.a lazy and poorly thought out mechanic that punishes the whole community for something that wasnt even a big problem. Def one of the worst ideas from SV in a long time.

what kind of game implements features that discourage people from logging in?

please remove this asap, and instead put a 5 minutes log off timer or something.

i know there are other threads. I just figured the more threads might catch SVs attention.

May 28, 2020
Weird to put it in without the camp system. I haven't played since the patch, because I wouldn't be able to log out in the field and I really don't have one huge segment of time to play the game, but many small to medium time segments which obviously doesn't work out currently.

Reactions: Rorry and Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I have heard a couple of people say they dont want to log in if they dont think they would have time to go hide or run to town.
Some people play the game exclusively ways from town or at cave camp and they really dont want to potentially lose their max level horse as a MA or MC. Sure its a 20 min ride from fab to cave camp but its 20min at the start and 20min at the end of your playsession. 40mins a day to log out at cave camp safetly.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
It’s a terrible mechanic currently. The game should be, at the very most, a 5 minute log timer that happens IN GAME (not 3 second log out and your character is in world for a longer amount).

If campfire fixes the issue, and becomes auto log out again, then it is just a needlessly complicated system.

The only issue with the combat system was combat logging. This could have been fixed in many ways instead of handling it the way they did. The no logout in dungeon things, I understand why they did this, but overall it makes people require hours upon hours to get out and do anything. And we are talking about a game where it takes an hour to get to some dungeons, so to play the game in a dungeon you will need a 6 hour block, with no breaks or risk losing your loot. These are not fun mechanics.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
It's for sure not ideal and something needs to be done but I can't help but feel like none of you experienced how guild vs guild pvp went for many months in this game. Anytime the enemy felt like they didn't have a advantage and easy win their entire guild would logout when you were trying to go pvp against them. They would ghost scout and all log in to gank miners then by the time you quickly got everyone to group and push on them they were already logged out. Anything is better then this, even this 30 minute timer but if you don't agree then you never experienced how horrible the logout abuse really is / was.

wethemboys

May 27, 2021
I like this feature honestly, people can’t run away and log out anymore, they have to face their problems now. There should be no evading death by logging out, this is why it’s the most hardcore mmo.
All the babies crying about it keep crying. Waahhhhhhh

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I still have to say that it is to early to judge.

It will be much different when housing and camps are added.

Then players will be able to add their own safe logout spots to the world.

I also see why they may want to test this part of the system prior to adding the parts of the system that allow you to avoid it.

It may be more of a pain but it allows for this core part of the system to be more thoroughly tested.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It's for sure not ideal and something needs to be done but I can't help but feel like none of you experienced how guild vs guild pvp went for many months in this game. Anytime the enemy felt like they didn't have a advantage and easy win their entire guild would logout when you were trying to go pvp against them. They would ghost scout and all log in to gank miners then by the time you quickly got everyone to group and push on them they were already logged out. Anything is better then this, even this 30 minute timer but if you don't agree then you never experienced how horrible the logout abuse really is / was.
It would have been super simple to fix that without adding this extreme hit to their claiming to have a game where player skill matters most.
They could have just increased the logout timer when away from town and in the red towns like they had it in MO1, make it even longer if they felt they needed to, it would have been easy and clean.
This makes it take too long for me to play, even though I sometimes can play for 3 hours, it is rarely unbroken time.

Reactions: Arfy and Bektar

forcem

Apr 30, 2021
The feature without all the needed things to make sense it's just bad. No camfires, I think it's just stupid put in these delays without that simple feature. Like when they introduce horse weight limit without the bags.
It'll be a good feature when camfires are in, and they can make it deeper when public inns are in. Until taht it's just bad mechanics.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I won’t make any judgments until there are houses to log out in, camp fires and final timer tweaks.

It’s too early but I feel it has potential. Agree it shouldn’t have been added until it had all necessary systems though.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The feature without all the needed things to make sense it's just bad. No camfires, I think it's just stupid put in these delays without that simple feature. Like when they introduce horse weight limit without the bags.
It'll be a good feature when camfires are in, and they can make it deeper when public inns are in. Until taht it's just bad mechanics.

A campfire to mark where someone logged out if they log out anywhere other than a blue town is a good and sensible mechanic. Log out ambushes are a thing, that nerfs it a ton, given how cheesy log out ambushes that is great,

Remove literally all other logout mechanics other than a short, reasonable, log out timer interrupted by combat. They are completely unneeded.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
A campfire to mark where someone logged out if they log out anywhere other than a blue town is a good and sensible mechanic. Log out ambushes are a thing, that nerfs it a ton, given how cheesy log out ambushes that is great,

Remove literally all other logout mechanics other than a short, reasonable, log out timer interrupted by combat. They are completely unneeded.
After hearing about log out ambushes I agree it would be nice. My only issue is getting ganked logging back in. If camps stay in world they would need some anti gank protection. I would consider is worse to have a log out position marked then wait 30 mins to log out. I would still have to travel a distance to a safe area to log out at which is a time sink.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
no matter the logout method, its completely unacceptable that your character should remain in game after the logout sequence has completed. give the option to disconnect after the logout is queued, and leave the option to stay and semi-afk for the duration of the logout. characters shouldnt remain in game with no option to defend yourself when you logout in a valid area (i.e. not a dungeon or other invalid location).

-barcode

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
My vote also goes to scrapping the system and just having a 2-5 min logout in the wild. MO had some logout issues, primarily with boulders and at chests. And the chests has been fixed. Combat logging you could occasionally get away and log but it was fair, if you could log in 60 secs u deserved to get away.

This new change also makes me not want to log in. I log in the wild 75% of the time, so I have no plans on logging in until its removed.

Reactions: Rorry and Tzone

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
If there are multiple threads about this, it's pointless early feedback. Without camps the system is not complete.

You're testing an early version of a new Tesla. Before, there were no wheels, it was just sitting on the ground, you can play with the steering wheel, play with the big ipad, you're like, "This is a pretty cool car."

They add wheels, but you can only use the parking brake to stop. They say brakes will be added soon. You say, "Take away these stupid wheels, the car keeps rolling when I'm playing with the iPad and I have to use that big lever to stop it, nobody will want to do that. You're only making this car for hardcore people who want to use a big lever to stop, stupid car. Please remove the wheels or I'm leaving."

Summary, chill out, let them implement the whole system, then evaluate it.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021

This was already a huge issue in the Stress Test. It is the absolute dumbest thing for sure. I agree that the camp system should have been put in the game at the same time, but from this post and the experiences I've already had it shouldn't surprise anyone that harsh measures were taken to discourage this kind of playstyle.