Playble Ratmen race

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Would definitely love to play a 'Monster' race.
A full city dedicated to Rat-Men where players are one-race and are hated by every other civilization.

Would be nice to gather party's of other rat-chads to invade the players.

Reactions: Nefnate

Tzone

May 16, 2021
More playable races adds more content to most of the game. More PvP content especially, More RP content, and more crafting too.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
I will continue to hope for my Rp dreams of the Sator shaman hermit, Itzcoatl, in the misty depths of the jungle with no one to keep him company except his snapping turtle mount, Ayotli, to become a reality.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I think it would be great if we could choose to play these races, so long as its made crystal clear to new players that if they choose these races they will be permanently banned from all guarded cities and likely killed on sight by every other player.

The RP potential and the ability to live among the NPCs and other members of these races is extremely valuable though.

I know this won't happen any time soon, but perhaps one day.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think it would be great if we could choose to play these races, so long as its made crystal clear to new players that if they choose these races they will be permanently banned from all guarded cities and likely killed on sight by every other player.

The RP potential and the ability to live among the NPCs and other members of these races is extremely valuable though.

I know this won't happen any time soon, but perhaps one day.
Either start out with zero rep or -1 with the ability to get a couple of rep for towns. Like worse rep situation then thursars.
But they would get rat or sator rep naturally.

Being able to play a lizard man will be a dream man.

You could have their special racial for crafting tied to getting more jadite and other crystals out of extraction too. Then maybe have special tools in sator camps that they can use to get these mats.

Reactions: Fargus

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Voice heard, in-game VOIP: ".... Because I'm RATMAN."

Tribe Rats might do anything: build houses, form a guild ( [RATS], naturally ), build houses, be the only Clade in the game to have an attack of "Bite". Tame Panthers just because they can. Demand "your Cheese, or your life", then take both anyhow. Rule the world of Nave.

0DfN7Qu.png

More PvP content especially, More RP content, and more crafting too.
Clubs and Staffs (and Staff Magic, too, when it comes).
...made crystal clear to new players that if they choose these races they will be permanently banned from all guarded cities and likely killed on sight by every other player.
Where do you suppose they 'start', Haven? Or would they need their own Nest?

But don't forget these guys when considering if some would enjoy playing as Rats or Sators:

CG4B2xS.jpg

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Voice heard, in-game VOIP: ".... Because I'm RATMAN."

Tribe Rats might do anything: build houses, form a guild ( [RATS], naturally ), build houses, be the only Clade in the game to have an attack of "Bite". Tame Panthers just because they can. Demand "your Cheese, or your life", then take both anyhow. Rule the world of Nave.

0DfN7Qu.png

Clubs and Staffs (and Staff Magic, too, when it comes).

Where do you suppose they 'start', Haven? Or would they need their own Nest?

But don't forget these guys when considering if some would enjoy playing as Rats or Sators:

CG4B2xS.jpg
I've heard tales of 'Frog-men' - what is the source of this image?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Ill be honest the pipe dream of having playable monster races have got me more hyped that anything on the road map so far except maybe fighting a massive dragon boss.

Reactions: Tzone

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I've heard tales of 'Frog-men' - what is the source of this image?
It is mentioned in this (archived) thread:

RIP Old Mortal Online 1 Forums, by the way.

as

"I think their might be a giant Toad we haven't seen in-game yet that will drop it. "
-- Resin

"Along with what Resin has written, within the 'journal' that came with the 999 limited editions, there is a picture of a sentient looking frog-man, resembling more a Slann from Warhammer Fantasty, squatting on its haunches, and wielding an orb in one hand. "
-- Sarkhan

Reactions: Nefnate

WormyPOOH BEAR

Aug 11, 2021
Because they are new races for Players. If players were to choose them, they should spawn in their own type of Haven. For clarification, they should spawn in their own habitat or map. Basically, having the player learn a bit of their lore and where they're from like the lore in MO1 Haven. Would be a nice addition to the Race roster.