Pets Are Too Strong.

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
Sadly gold though is only worth anything if you live in the third world and get cheap electricity

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
There are some pets that are out-of-balance.
That isn't to say that they are too powerful but they are too cheap.

But, let's just take a molva at market value. 50-150g, right? max level it and that's a 200-300g pet. Put 100g armor on it. mage kit is 10g...

You're going up against someone who invested 400-500g in his kit and you can cheese in a player structure and make it worthless or less than worthless...
What mage set worth anything is 10g? thats 2g per part and no shield. You either have a kinda heavy armor and cut our mana regeneration at least in half or youll have like 27 resistance on your armor for that price. Now I can make Ganoid scales armor, but that stuff is about 10 TIMES as expensive as steel and only has a little more than half the defensive stats. Also a good, lightweight shield isnt exactly cheap. we're talking 1.2kg with 45piercing res at least. Thats not molarium and firmwood but more like spongewood, flakestone and messing. A good mage set costs WAY more than a steelset and then you also get a 250g pet with 100g armor on top of it. On the other side you have a footie in way cheaper armor, with a 15g sword and 5g bow.
Stop lying about the prices of magesets.

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024
I just got clapped by a mage pet combo. It was not fun. The mage didn't even cast on me and I wasn't able to kill the steel armored taur dog while I was life leeching. Shit is broken and cheesy.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I just got clapped by a mage pet combo. It was not fun. The mage didn't even cast on me and I wasn't able to kill the steel armored taur dog while I was life leeching. Shit is broken and cheesy.

Rumor is Medieval warfare changed once people could plate their dogs with steel.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
What you dont have oghmium or tungsteel armor? You know pets hit close to 0 if you wear those kind of armors? This sounds like a skill issue

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
taur dogs are kinda insame atm true...imagine being a mage in a dungeon, as soon someone with a dog gets you as a target you are dead 2-3 hits later :p most of the time you only don't have only 1 on you ^^ i mean they will surely nerf them but i think the problem with pets is the overall design right now.

overall i think pets are a fun addition to the game and there are counters and it's kinda better for melees. also pets should be strong but different to what it is now.... a lot of the issues come from that the original idea of beast mastery being way way to make pets strong is kinda useless and not working mostly.

BM would take aim to make the skills work and it would not be this 1 click and forget killing machines. also like with risen pets which are easier to maintain by a lot, you don't have to care about focus, just fill up the carcass you need and run home with enough for 10 pets with 1 time being there ... they should be minor pets besides the tupilak overall as it basically gives you access to all the good pets for 100 skillpoints while being a BM would take you a few hundred + a few hundred from crafting skills on top. dunno if they would at least make pets like deal half dmg on players with the exception of pet skills it would at least be somewhat better but atm BM skills basically do the same dmg as standard attacks most of the time so why use em? ^^