Persistent World Tomorrow?

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
Can anyone elaborate on this idea MO2 will go persistent near the end of the year. What is the source? Being that the main forum page cut off the rest of the title of this post the blood flow to my "polesword" is inconvenient and unjustified

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Can anyone elaborate on this idea MO2 will go persistent near the end of the year. What is the source?
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1170950/Mortal_Online_2/
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are planning to leave Early Access in Q4 2020.”

Source: https://www.mortalonline2.com/faq/
Q: How long will the game be in alpha/beta?
A: As long as necessary, however we aim to reach a persistent release state towards the end of 2020.

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1170950/Mortal_Online_2/
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are planning to leave Early Access in Q4 2020.”

Source: https://www.mortalonline2.com/faq/
Q: How long will the game be in alpha/beta?
A: As long as necessary, however we aim to reach a persistent release state towards the end of 2020.
Thank you for this, but in my opinion when a game in early development says "plan" or "planning" I add 6 months by default, but yes I am hoping for it

I would really love to see the mathematical average if it was somehow possible to get the data. I mean it has to be at least like 3 years after the planned release date on average.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhias

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Thank you for this, but in my opinion when a game in early development says "plan" or "planning" I add 6 months by default, but yes I am hoping for it

I would really love to see the mathematical average if it was somehow possible to get the data. I mean it has to be at least like 3 years after the planned release date on average.
I suspect SV has been quietly working on MO2 long before they made the announcement way back in early 2019. I think they don't have as big of a hurdle to overcome compared to starting all over from scratch. They already have all the lore, experience with the tech and running an MMORPG, and infrastructure from MO1 to enable them to bypass the initial year or two of just envisioning and designing the game from the ground up.

I also heard a while back that they hired a big team and are working full steam ahead, so I'd imagine they won't have too long to go before they open up the server to the public. If the Q4 2020 goal were to be missed, it would probably be extended to Q1 2021 or Q2 at the latest.

Last edited:

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
Can anyone elaborate on this idea MO2 will go persistent near the end of the year. What is the source? Being that the main forum page cut off the rest of the title of this post the blood flow to my "polesword" is inconvenient and unjustified

Henrik keeps saying they should be able to get to persistent release by the end of the year

yesterday he literally said on discord "the plan is end of this year, depending on our last big steps"

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I suspect SV has been quietly working on MO2 long before they made the announcement way back in early 2019. I think they don't have as big of a hurdle to overcome compared to starting all over from scratch. They already have all the lore, experience with the tech and running an MMORPG, and infrastructure from MO1 to enable them to bypass the initial year or two of just envisioning and designing the game from the ground up.
All things considered they are basically just upgrading graphics and a few of the UE4 features, the framework behind it etc. is the exact same as before.

Henrik keeps saying they should be able to get to persistent release by the end of the year

yesterday he literally said on discord "the plan is end of this year, depending on our last big steps"
Honestly, you could probably consider that an early access at that point, I wouldn't call it a "release" with all the core features that will still be missing. But I guess you could say the same about MO1 still missing most of those features.