Persistent World Tomorrow?

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, Henrik just called it early access himself, so I was right anyway. ;P
Also was never talking about feature complete, just the core features.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Sebastion

People will never learn to get dev names right, even after years anyway. And so they confuse player names with different dev names.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
well long story short those boring vids are why my gf and i started playing back then, i really hope things like taming, fishing and such can regain the early charm
They where much needed contrast videos to MOs usual ones. Even my adrenaline filled self viewed quite abit of them.

Always good to hear other players got something out of them.

It really is the type of play that has kept me here.

And I really look forward to play that way in MO2 as well. Especially after playing in the woods near Moh Ki. Sneaking around through those huge trees is going to be a whole other experience.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address

And I really look forward to play that way in MO2 as well. Especially after playing in the woods near Moh Ki. Sneaking around through those huge trees is going to be a whole other experience.
those vids were great, as was MO before breeding and walls came in and taming and wandering became both lifeless and pointless, at least to us it did,
I too hope those things keep me in this version and some of that original vision is held in focus,
I'm also loving the scenery so far, water is looking a lot better for the most part too, really nice just wandering around lost like when i first did near a decade a go lol

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Thats so true. It was such a good feeling running about the woods between Bakti, Vadda and Moh Ki yd its not even funny. Finally getting to simply traverse in a real forest is great, and is gonna be even better when its populated by mobs and players alike.

Reactions: Amadman and Vagrant

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Vadda forest is literally like Endor from Starwars it looks amazing. Perfect border for Meduli plains in my opinion.

Imagine getting chased by like ES all mounted MCs and MAs and running to the forest for cover against mounteds. The battles write themselves.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
well long story short those boring vids are why my gf and i started playing back then, i really hope things like taming, fishing and such can regain the early charm
Well if they keep the focus on AI and PVE like they said they would, then taming and fishing will be a hoot.

Reactions: Vagrant and Amadman

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
i'm hyped about fishing as well, i want a new tournament!

i doubt my only one character will be able to handle all i want to do ahah

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Fishing better not become a cheating tool like it was for MO. That will ruin the economy again. Yes I know the economy was broken long before fishing and auto fishing became a thing, but damn if it didnt ruin it further like few other things. Now if the economy was good fishing would be a legal d and break it like all those ds did in early MO.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I was mostly joking anyway. But I did make a lot of money fishing early on when some catches just gave you shitloads of money.
I honestly don't even like the idea of selling items like that to to NPCs to begin with but I guess there has to be a way for it to be a valid playstyle.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I was mostly joking anyway. But I did make a lot of money fishing early on when some catches just gave you shitloads of money.
I honestly don't even like the idea of selling items like that to to NPCs to begin with but I guess there has to be a way for it to be a valid playstyle.
Yes its called fishing. You fish, you either gut it for resources or you sell it for food. They should also make fishing nodes that will be depleted after 2 min like mining.

You should be fishing if you want to and enjoy fishing. You shouldnt be fishing because you want to get rich, well unless the fish actually attack you and theres risk there.
But generally fishing in games area way to play the game without playing the game. A enjoyable side activity. Thats my opinion atleast.

Reactions: Vagrant

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Fishing would either need more risk or more time investment to have even remotely the money making capacity it had then, a mix of both would be optimal.

It has tiny risk now, since you sometimes get attacked by turtles? I think it was? But that doesnt make up for it. If you had to actually travel around and spend significant time. Like having to trek into the jungle to fish, and things like that then it should be much more viable for income. It would still need something that prevents you from staying in the same spot doing it and having 100% efficiency though, in my opinion.
Should still let you kick back and relax and do casual fishing, but that should clearly not be a money printing device if played like that :p