Persistent Beta?

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
I've been playing during the stress test, and honestly didn't think I'd like the game that much, but 5 hours later, and I'm somehow still playing.. and think I want to keep playing even after this stress test is over. I was told a beta key was the way to do that, but didn't quite understand what they meant by persistent beta? Does that mean, the game is just going to be available to play while it is still being worked on vs. it being closed off until a "launch." Essentially, what everyone seems to do these days on Steam with early access games.. like Project Gorgon is an example I can think of.

Reactions: Sheltem

Jackedimus

Mar 23, 2021
I bought a beta access key about a week ago and from what I understand, the persistent beta part means they will not be wiping the servers regularly like they were before while they continue development. As far as I know, the subscription doesn't start until actual release. I may be wrong but this is how I understood it. Beta access key means game ownership.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
That is right. If you make a donation of 49 on their site by following the prompts, you can get access to the beta test until the game goes full persistent.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
You are pretty much pre ordering the game but get access to testing for free until the game is released on steam EA.

Once it is released on steam EA then new players will have to purchase game and start paying sub (or get free month when pay)

While players that already payed during testing don't have to buy the game again and they have a month or more sub payed as well depending on package they donated to.

Oh, and the game will be in a persistent state once it goes into EA. So no wipes after entering EA.

Last edited:

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
They could be wiped a number of times yet before EA depending on how things go.

The game does not go persistent until EA launch. So we can not really plan on no wipes until that time.

I went ahead and donated, since there's not many keys left according to the page. I can always prepare myself and learn to survive until it goes EA.

mmokellak

Mar 28, 2021
I was wondering If I was to make a donation to get beta access will I still have access to the testing after the stress test is over or will there be testing "periods" where I have guaranteed access to the game.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I was wondering If I was to make a donation to get beta access will I still have access to the testing after the stress test is over or will there be testing "periods" where I have guaranteed access to the game.

Yes, you will be able to play after the stress test if you get one of the donation testing packages.

Up until the stress test it was very easy to log in and we had pretty steady access.

mmokellak

Mar 28, 2021
I checked the donation page and all I could see available was access to the Closed Combat Alpha for $39 donation. Are all of the Closed Beta Donation Keys already distributed?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I checked the donation page and all I could see available was access to the Closed Combat Alpha for $39 donation. Are all of the Closed Beta Donation Keys already distributed?

Here is the breakdown of the packages:

packages.png

So the $39 packages gives you:
access to the MO2 alpha/beta (which gives the client needed for the game later too.)

1 month MO2 sub

2 Months MO1 sub or until MO2 early access release when MO1 is shut down. Which ever comes first.

The confusion may be that it says alpha there. I don't think they updated it to say beta now is all. Since there is no alpha access to get anymore, I am pretty sure this will give you access the same in beta.

I think the only thing that would keep them from selling keys would be if they did not have any to sell at the time.

Last edited:

Conman2112

Mar 29, 2021
Was it still this hard to get in-game prior to open stress test? just donated earlier today. Very Few keys left for $39.00 package
Just wondering because I would not be happy paying that to sit in the login screen. Steam says 13hrs played lol more like 1 and a half. Over 11 hours sitting on home screen