Patch Notes 1.0.0.22 Discussion

Do you like this patch?

• Total voters

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I'm sure screaming at them to JuSt mAkE BeTtEr pAtChEs while crying about fan boys is going to get you somewhere.
Nothing wrong with discussing the quality of the patches. That you are unable to doesn't mean others shouldn't. Being a fanboi does not help, because you contribute nothing to any argument.

Whats your support here, saying patches are good and keep up with the good work starvault? Roflmao

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What a great patch. I lose standing now in GK. F off SV.
I cant understand why SV would take the closest thing to a lawless area and make it a lawfull area. Like we are just going to grief people that come up here by making them lose tind rep on blue alts or just keep killing them anyways with our red alts. When Henrik keeps talking about having lawless areas.

If SV thought this was a good idea why didn't they go whole hog when they added the blue priest to the dungeons in the first place.

Now players will lose tind rep at cave camp which is the other side of the map from tindrem from blue alts spawning to grief them there.

Imagine the keeps owners now when blue alts are dying on purpose and walking 1 min to the blue tind priest at the nearby dungeon.

Oh the best thing now is if you get a lucky kill on a speed hacker who is farming one of the dungeons you will now lose tind rep since they are all blue alts.

I think I figured it out, SV want less players to make the player count low enough for one server so they keep releasing horrible patches that make people not want to play anymore.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Patch isnt a patch. Only change worth caring about is MC ticking offline and its 6x length. LOL. Should tick down at full speed or half. Standing is the real punishment in this game, MC system shouldn't even exist.

Game is going to continue bleeding out, prob faster and faster. Patch does nothing.

Sadly thievery will be dead content in this game due to the standing system. It was fun in MO1 because you could try to take stuff without getting MC's. But MC isn't the problem in this. Trying to steal 1g isnt worth risking having to do a boring parcel run.
I find the trick is combining parcel runs with other activities make it a lot more bearable.
Running between two towns, do it as part of a group and do pvp between and you might do a net 0 but you had fun doing it.

Do it as a part of a group and move goods to flip on the markets when you run parcels. We have a guy that is making upwards 1000s of gold a week from this.

If you are a tamer, run between two towns on horse, tame a horse or 3 on the way, sell when you arrive.

Its supposed to be a time sink, its literally one of the downsides of being a pk, unless you dont care about being in said town.
I see a lot of players that pk around towns where they have max -rep, usually they have a house nearby where they regear or they have friends that are pos rep that bring them gear outside. Or they just travel there from their main town. I think its OK for now. SV did say that they are planning on making nation warfare a thing so being able to pick a side and go HAM on the enemy side of a nation conflict will alleviate some of the downsides of being a pk.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Infamous

Sep 15, 2021
Trash patch.

Changed Bet Huergar priests to Tindremene.

Now not only do they come back in 1 min after losing they also now make you lose tind rep if they spawn at risar dungeon. We will just have blue alts die to people on purpose in GK and walk to one of the several nearby blue priest or even CC if near by to drop peoples rep.

GK is or was the closest thing to a lawless area which Henrik kept selling the players as the fix for all his anti PvP changes. Now hes just going further away from having lawless areas by making you get punished for winning fights in the GK area. Or even jungle area.

MCs are a big issue for the game right now and most normal players. I think they just should make a different system because 5 MCs and now you cant spawn anywhere except half a hour away from town where you live for most of the games population. 36 hours is a joke and probably more of a insult to those players who have quit over the horrible anti PvP mechanics.

You give those players a sliver of hope with the off line MC burn so they can come back, then crush it with this patch.

Cant wait to have blue alts go around and greif people at dungeons, stealing their loot bags and then giving them minus rep or aggroing mobs onto them. Or spawning at a keep then auto walking into the gate and giving them rep loss for killing me. So much griefing that can be done with this.

EACH PATCH THE GAME GETS WORSE.
This is literally what I'm going to do. I'm going on my Blue toon and will loot guilds clearing of dungeons until they kill me and lose rep/give mcs so they cant spawn anywhere. LMAO

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I find the trick is combining parcel runs with other activities make it a lot more bearable.
Running between two towns, do it as part of a group and do pvp between and you might do a net 0 but you had fun doing it.

Do it as a part of a group and move goods to flip on the markets when you run parcels. We have a guy that is making upwards 1000s of gold a week from this.

If you are a tamer, run between two towns on horse, tame a horse or 3 on the way, sell when you arrive.

Its supposed to be a time sink, its literally one of the downsides of being a pk, unless you dont care about being in said town.
I see a lot of players that pk around towns where they have max -rep, usually they have a house nearby where they regear or they have friends that are pos rep that bring them gear outside. Or they just travel there from their main town. I think its OK for now. SV did say that they are planning on making nation warfare a thing so being able to pick a side and go HAM on the enemy side of a nation conflict will alleviate some of the downsides of being a pk.
Time sinks are bad, making your players waste time to do basic content like PvP is bad game design. All they are doing is punishing players to keep the weak from quiting but that doesnt work out as they plan.

Mateyz

Mar 4, 2022
London
Of course it's good! It's a hotfix patch, not a content patch. 2 weeks after release too, which is great.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Can we get an ankh/gravestone item or somthing in house for a res ? 3 rez buttons Priest / Home / Town

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Trash patch.

Changed Bet Huergar priests to Tindremene.

Now not only do they come back in 1 min after losing they also now make you lose tind rep if they spawn at risar dungeon. We will just have blue alts die to people on purpose in GK and walk to one of the several nearby blue priest or even CC if near by to drop peoples rep.

GK is or was the closest thing to a lawless area which Henrik kept selling the players as the fix for all his anti PvP changes. Now hes just going further away from having lawless areas by making you get punished for winning fights in the GK area. Or even jungle area.

MCs are a big issue for the game right now and most normal players. I think they just should make a different system because 5 MCs and now you cant spawn anywhere except half a hour away from town where you live for most of the games population. 36 hours is a joke and probably more of a insult to those players who have quit over the horrible anti PvP mechanics.

You give those players a sliver of hope with the off line MC burn so they can come back, then crush it with this patch.

Cant wait to have blue alts go around and greif people at dungeons, stealing their loot bags and then giving them minus rep or aggroing mobs onto them. Or spawning at a keep then auto walking into the gate and giving them rep loss for killing me. So much griefing that can be done with this.

EACH PATCH THE GAME GETS WORSE.

Also, the jungle camp priest now belongs to khurite.. so murdering people down in the jungle now will remove your rep with the khurite faction.
I didn't see that part in the patch notes, but it has been confirmed in game.

The continuing punishment for pvp every single patch makes me rethink playing the game.

This week alone I have drowned in ankle deep water my character was standing in. I was killed with the 'nodeline' glitch so from my perspective I just take damage from nothing until I die and can't do anything about it. A number of other ridiculous bugs occurred, all causing me to lose hours of gameplay time.

Let's not forget render distance is still trash, so my group of 15 runs at a group of 10 people thinking this is a good call to take this fight and the other 50 dudes get rendered in behind them when it's too late to turn back, now we've committed to an unwinnable 15v60 fight on an open field because the render in this game is garbage. Today I lost a 1v1 by 1 hit because my opponent can hit me from 20 meters away with a melee weapon because the game's lag/desync/ non-regional server or whatever. I also can't tell where people are because of the nodelines adjusting distance abruptly by a hundred meters.

I put up with these absolutely game breaking bugs because at one point I found pvp fun. And every patch StarVault reminds me that they hate PvPers, that Henrik clearly has an agenda against people who bought this game for the pvp content.

Farming is not fun. Running parcels for hours is not fun. PvE gets old quickly. EU players being the pinnacle of mortal is anti-competitive. Server performance is still trash, so any event that has over 100 players might make the game unplayable (people teleporting, floating, unable to see animations or positions)

...why am I playing this game again? I really have to ask myself constantly, and then another patch drops where pvpers are punished even more. We looked past the bugs and the issues that have plagued this game all along. Game breaking bugs from over a year ago that still aren't fixed.

I can take a loss. I like to learn from my mistakes, replay the scene in my head and consider my tactics, think upon where I can improve and be a better player. I can't be a better player when I die from ridiculous bugs. But I was willing to look past it for the fun factor.

What fun? StarVault is intent on crushing it. If I wanted to play a game for the 'PvE' experience, Mortal would not be that game.

Reactions: C3ncio and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Also, the jungle camp priest now belongs to khurite.. so murdering people down in the jungle now will remove your rep with the khurite faction.
I didn't see that part in the patch notes, but it has been confirmed in game.

The continuing punishment for pvp every single patch makes me rethink playing the game.

This week alone I have drowned in ankle deep water my character was standing in. I was killed with the 'nodeline' glitch so from my perspective I just take damage from nothing until I die and can't do anything about it. A number of other ridiculous bugs occurred, all causing me to lose hours of gameplay time.

Let's not forget render distance is still trash, so my group of 15 runs at a group of 10 people thinking this is a good call to take this fight and the other 50 dudes get rendered in behind them when it's too late to turn back, now we've committed to an unwinnable 15v60 fight on an open field because the render in this game is garbage. Today I lost a 1v1 by 1 hit because my opponent can hit me from 20 meters away with a melee weapon because the game's lag/desync/ non-regional server or whatever. I also can't tell where people are because of the nodelines adjusting distance abruptly by a hundred meters.

I put up with these absolutely game breaking bugs because at one point I found pvp fun. And every patch StarVault reminds me that they hate PvPers, that Henrik clearly has an agenda against people who bought this game for the pvp content.

Farming is not fun. Running parcels for hours is not fun. PvE gets old quickly. EU players being the pinnacle of mortal is anti-competitive. Server performance is still trash, so any event that has over 100 players might make the game unplayable (people teleporting, floating, unable to see animations or positions)

...why am I playing this game again? I really have to ask myself constantly, and then another patch drops where pvpers are punished even more. We looked past the bugs and the issues that have plagued this game all along. Game breaking bugs from over a year ago that still aren't fixed.

I can take a loss. I like to learn from my mistakes, replay the scene in my head and consider my tactics, think upon where I can improve and be a better player. I can't be a better player when I die from ridiculous bugs. But I was willing to look past it for the fun factor.

What fun? StarVault is intent on crushing it. If I wanted to play a game for the 'PvE' experience, Mortal would not be that game.
Yeah SV just hates PvPs. Thats the only logical explanation I can get.

Game lost 500 players when the patch didnt come out on monday and then another 200 today it seems. Returning to beta numbers.

Do you know who the beta players where? They were PvPers, they played for PvP mostly. Didnt mind that their loot would be wiped because the fights were what was fun.

Some CTX kid is literally just priest camping the risar dungeon for most of the day as if making that priest lose people tind rep mattered to stopping people killing blue shitters at dungeons who just spam respawn over and over.

SV just keeps punishing the players they will need when everyone else quits. I expect to see hovering around 2k players in less then 2 weeks and probably sub 2k after that.

Reactions: LordMega

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Great now all the cry babies who got pushed into the water can stop complaining. lol

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Only kind of, Bc thievery isnt in it.
Once that patch, or Staff magic is out.
Then I will like the patch.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
i really think staff magic would be a better call than necro next as it would help with the mounted magery skill i assume as well as helping some mage builds flourish. i feel as though necro is going to be a close range type of magic. im going to keep logging in daily and do some farming or pvping outside of town but at the moment with "lag" spikes and node lines travelling isnt a good idea unless you roll deeper than marianas trench.