NPC Aggro

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
For a game with no crowd control having no way to manage aggro as a mage is terrible. If a powerful enemy decides it wants to kill you there's nothing you can do to break that focus. how is this "advanced AI"? New players trying this game with their friends will die to what appears to them to be a broken terrible system. Aggro should be manageable during combat and not just in the opener of a fight.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
The AI has the idea to focus and go after the Mage. Maybe that is the NPC's best strategy. Sucks for the Mage, tho'.

sucks for the tank too which can't do his job, like someone else said its not that the AI tries to target someone its that the tank can't do anything to pull agro back.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
sucks for the tank too which can't do his job, like someone else said its not that the AI tries to target someone its that the tank can't do anything to pull agro back.
I was kidding, though I didn't make it obvious. The aggressive AI just goes after the last player to come into its range; if the Mage hangs back, then contrary to intuition he is the focus of the AI. The tank should go in last.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
I think Oghmir should have a reverse clade gift from the Alvarin and be able to draw aggro. Or if people want to leave clade gifts out of it maybe a shield bash should pull agro. This is not just a problem for mages by the way, playing Oghmir in a tank build myself the experience can be underwhelming.

Yeah, having to equip the noob sword to parry when you have a shield is silly
Dude, you just solved the unsolvable... Shield bash agro. It's genius! It would give people a reason to even use gad damn shields, which are easily ignored right now. Shield bash should generate agro on an agro table, of which this game obviously does not have an agro table...

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
Sounds like from today's stream there are some "tools" coming to manage aggro. There is yet hope!

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I was kidding, though I didn't make it obvious. The aggressive AI just goes after the last player to come into its range; if the Mage hangs back, then contrary to intuition he is the focus of the AI. The tank should go in last.

Yes but the tank going in last doesn't solve the issue as the mob will change agro in long engagements (e.g. spider queen, trolls) and there is nothing the tank can do to regain the aggro.

Reactions: Najwalaylah