NPC Aggro

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
I pretty sure that aggro mechanic is absolutely awful . Why all NPC agro on mages, even if they doing nothing . Its making PVE for small groups impossible . Please fix it . And ther is a bug , that u cant block with sheild only in ur hands . It not gives parry or block , fix please it to

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
The aggro is horrible, your guildmate can literally hit the mob in the back 20 times and they wont change targets from the mage who is literally just runnning away becuase we have absolutely no ability in a melee fight and our magic is too weak against pve even if we could get a spell of with 40% chance to fail on being hit. (Which you cant)

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I pretty sure that aggro mechanic is absolutely awful . Why all NPC agro on mages, even if they doing nothing . Its making PVE for small groups impossible . Please fix it .

I think Oghmir should have a reverse clade gift from the Alvarin and be able to draw aggro. Or if people want to leave clade gifts out of it maybe a shield bash should pull agro. This is not just a problem for mages by the way, playing Oghmir in a tank build myself the experience can be underwhelming.

And ther is a bug , that u cant block with sheild only in ur hands . It not gives parry or block , fix please it to

Yeah, having to equip the noob sword to parry when you have a shield is silly

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
The aggro is horrible, your guildmate can literally hit the mob in the back 20 times and they wont change targets from the mage who is literally just runnning away becuase we have absolutely no ability in a melee fight and our magic is too weak against pve even if we could get a spell of with 40% chance to fail on being hit. (Which you cant)
too weak? doesnt magic do +50% against mobs? I think it's fine that the AI focuses mages...so do humans. Sounds like you need to adapt and overcome my friend. Lets not make PVE a joke and something that we can just mindlessly blast through.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
so you think we should do even more damage to npcs? lol useless...umm okay.

No... i think mages should be able to mage and tanks should be able to tank and fighters should be able to fight

and yes, if you can't cast the spell it doesn't matter how much damage it does

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
too weak? doesnt magic do +50% against mobs? I think it's fine that the AI focuses mages...so do humans. Sounds like you need to adapt and overcome my friend. Lets not make PVE a joke and something that we can just mindlessly blast through.
Ridiculous statement, of coarse players aggro mages, they dont aggro mages that are nowhere near them and stay aggro at the risk of their own life, its nearly impossible to pull aggro once they are on the mage unless the mage is fast enought to leash it away and now that just means the mob heals back up to full, broken af. It doesnt make it fun or challenging, it makes it frustrating and nonsensicle. (makes no sense for any mob to sit there and focus a player who is running away while they are being pelted by arrows and stabbed by 10 other people)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I pretty sure that aggro mechanic is absolutely awful . Why all NPC agro on mages, even if they doing nothing . Its making PVE for small groups impossible . Please fix it . And ther is a bug , that u cant block with sheild only in ur hands . It not gives parry or block , fix please it to
The AI aggros on the last person It sees. If the mage is in the back they will agro him last. So you always have you mage attack first.

They Also have guard AI. At least the Risars do. So if you go crim while fighting they will run to attack your horse since it went grey.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
I dont even have an issue with ai targetting weaker players, they just need to fix the ability to pull aggro from those players when it happens.

Reactions: Raknor
D

Deleted member 44

I think Oghmir should have a reverse clade gift from the Alvarin and be able to draw aggro. Or if people want to leave clade gifts out of it maybe a shield bash should pull agro. This is not just a problem for mages by the way, playing Oghmir in a tank build myself the experience can be underwhelming.

Yeah, having to equip the noob sword to parry when you have a shield is silly
Yeah no. You don't get to have more buffs for an already broken clade. If anything a taunt should be on a thursar.

Reactions: Tzone

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yeah no. You don't get to have more buffs for an already broken clade. If anything a taunt should be on a thursar.

Picked Oghmir because they're the most obvious "tank" build - see it as a chance of removing another clade gift that you think is broken. But like I mentioned doesn't have to be a clade thing (since tanks are obviously possible on other clades).

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The AI aggros on the last person It sees. If the mage is in the back they will agro him last. So you always have you mage attack first.
Correct, as I remember hearing about it.

Counterintuitive as it may be, for now the thing to do is to have the Mage, even if he's nekkid or wearing a dress, run in next to last and the one who wants aggro approach after everyone else, and just after the mage.

... And that is not a great way to have tactics work, Star Vault.

Last edited:

MazinkaiserDX

Nov 4, 2021
Just learned about this and I really hope they fix it. Even trying to justify the behavior with "usually the squishy one is in the back", aggro should be fluid in battle, it just doesn't make sense they fixing on one target until they die for no good reason.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
I don't know why they don't just make aggro like it worked in MO1, it was a traditional hate system that fought between damage vs heals like in every other mmorpg. It worked fine imo. Pet mages especially with DK's were too strong but that can easily be fixed in other ways.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
what i heard is that its
1: The last person that joined the fight, or
2: The guy with the lowest armor.
But yeah its super annoying that mages have to be the tank :D
When we killed the Troll we tanked him 99% on our mages.
Maybe we should start wearing heavy armor on mages, and light armor on our "tanks" for pve? :D

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Outside of like troll and queen its the last aggroable person that can be agro'd. So if a mage pulls he will lost agro to the melee and never be agro'd again.

If the melee pulls the mage gets agro last, they will never lose agro unless a new person come in range.

If you go grey near a risar the risar will then agro your horse. Also risar has guard AI and will investigate if a grey player is near by like what guards do in town.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
what i heard is that its
1: The last person that joined the fight, or
2: The guy with the lowest armor.
But yeah its super annoying that mages have to be the tank :D
When we killed the Troll we tanked him 99% on our mages.
Maybe we should start wearing heavy armor on mages, and light armor on our "tanks" for pve? :D

lol so bad, in general it should at least focus the player with the highest avg. DPS and Heals per Second in VARYING timespans (time priority system) to occasionally include nukers aka players with high alpha dmg.

add "random" target switching from time to time to make it less predictable.
some special AIs should have his own rules like i.e. focusing mainly on range or melee players.