No Thievery on Release?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Those peopole who are not listening to @Henrik Nyström stream on Twitch, nor are they catching @Speznat stream summaries
.... probably haven't caught on to the fact that
Star Vault have hired one new Coder and one new FX Artist.
(find it at timestamp 7:14 in the video).
SV probably has a large office full of staff working on the game in secret, they just want us to think that it's still only a dozen or so people like we often imagine them to be, chained to their desks and eating ramen for meals. I don't know how else they'd be able to pump out these novel-sized mega-patches right on time every two weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You see their point when they do not have one?
making pubic hair instead of fixing the game.
The issue is that no-one is making pubic hair INSTEAD of fixing the game.

That "instead" is disinformation being spread by someone who just made a great deal out of how he 'quit'.

Some are fixing the game, and some others are fixing other stuff.

smh

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
SV probably has a large office full of staff working on the game in secret, they just want us to think that it's still only a dozen or so people like we often imagine them to be, chained to their desks and eating ramen for meals. I don't know how else they'd be able to pump out these novel-sized mega-patches right on time every two weeks.
I thought they had more like 32 people by now-- thirty plus the two they just hired? Fun guessing game, but the authoritative answer eludes me ª™.

If @Sebastian Persson is still spending the occasional night sleeping under his desk, I reckon that's nobody's business but his & Mrs. Persson's.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
What do you expect artists to do? P
[SPQR]
There are a few folks who apparently want them fired so that the money for their salaries can be spent on more coders, who in turn can be fired when the time comes to hire artists back again. That's what the demands come down to.

And of course their skills must be impeccable, and their price cheap, and they must to be able to instantly get up to speed.

Perhaps they're signed up right now with some temporary agency, or to be found on street corners in Malmö,

.... Nah. I don't think that's how this can work.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
There are a few folks who apparently want them fired so that the money for their salaries can be spent on more coders, who in turn can be fired when the time comes to hire artists back again. That's what the demands come down to.

And of course their skills must be impeccable, and their price cheap, and they must to be able to instantly get up to speed.

Perhaps they're signed up right now with some temporary agency, or to be found on street corners in Malmö,

and you also must consider. more than one coder on fixing one bug is often more of a problem than a solution.

same with the machanics. If you sit to many programmers on a mechanic or project than it becomes shit.

Thats why they often can't just fix things fast. In the company im currently in we have these problems on a daily basis. that to many people pushing and commiting stuff to the same project nearly the same mechanics but all affecting each other. Its web devlopment sure its different but i gues sin game development its even worse to handle more than 5people on some stuff.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

But don't you know? 9 women birthing people can make a baby in 1 month.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Henrik mentioned in the stream that the new guy is doing things on housing. Then FJ can focus on nodeline fix etc. Sounds good to me.

Jan 23, 2021
To many arm-chair developers adding opinions with no basis in reality. Perhaps a review of The Mythical Man-Month will sort them out. For those too lazy to even read the wiki article: "Therefore, assigning more programmers to a project running behind schedule will make it even later."

I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Speznat

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You see their point when they do not have one?
The issue is that no-one is making pubic hair INSTEAD of fixing the game.

That "instead" is disinformation being spread by someone who just made a great deal out of how he 'quit'.

Some are fixing the game, and some others are fixing other stuff.

smh
Im literally just repeating other peoples concerns. Not mine. Its good for devs to be know what people are thinking so they can react to it.
People are very selective in their reading here.

Two types of people. Those who bury their heads and make excuses while coping because they want to the game to do well. And those who actually care and are willing to ruffle feathers and say that needs to be said.

I dont want mortal to be trash, there are fun aspect which I want to enjoy but Im not going to put up with the rest of the game being trash.