Name Tag should NOT show criminal status

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Your name tag should not show your criminal status.

There is no good reason why you should be able to look at someone, doing something that has nothing to do with you, and see whether you can freely kill them or not. The only people that this helps are the blue blockers in graveyard and the small zergs that do not like minding their own business. In early beta, when this wasn't implemented, you used your wit to get out of sticky situations, instead of running away and hiding. If you murdered someone, you had to come up with a plan to prove that you were truly the innocent one. Never did you get blueblocked and then ganged up on by noobs, and never did you get killed because you hit someone being mean, stealing heads, making threats, ETC. The only people that should be able to decide your fate should be the ones IN the situation. If you aren't close enough to see one person hit another, you aren't close enough to have ANY idea what was truly going on.

Edit: Just to clarify for all of the bozos in my comments, I am not trying to remove crim, im trying to make it so that only the people who SAW you commit the crime know that you just commit a crime.
Henrik, please get rid of nametag crim status.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Alternative view. With the aids that is the current flagging system, you'd never be able to hit anyone because you are worried you will lose standing. When the only way to get standing back is garbage parcel running, you have to be able to see if someone is crim.

As you know they tried having no visible criminal status in beta. It didnt work very well. It obv made being criminal easier. But the above is more important.

Also turn off being able to go crim when your not trying to go crim. Is a life saver. The standing system is garbage. If you accidentally go grey the guy isnt worth killing. So you just have to let yourself die. Which is garbage and a scenario not worth having.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
System fine, sounds like OP tried to kill someone in the graveyard an thought everyone around them were just going to ignore them an let them get away with it.

Maybe next time try not killing someone in a high populated area if you don't want to be ganked.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Alternative view. With the aids that is the current flagging system, you'd never be able to hit anyone because you are worried you will lose standing. When the only way to get standing back is garbage parcel running, you have to be able to see if someone is crim.

As you know they tried having no visible criminal status in beta. It didnt work very well. It obv made being criminal easier. But the above is more important.

Also turn off being able to go crim when your not trying to go crim. Is a life saver. The standing system is garbage. If you accidentally go grey the guy isnt worth killing. So you just have to let yourself die. Which is garbage and a scenario not worth having.

1. You can decide for yourself wether it is worth it to lose the standing.
2. The fact that you would be worried to hit people is the literal point of what I just said. You have to have witnessed the event, or used your brain a little before you decide to hit someone.
3. Yes it makes being a criminal easier but it makes the game more fun when you actually have to think a little. Being a criminal right now is literally just hitting someone and running away.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
System fine, sounds like OP tried to kill someone in the graveyard an thought everyone around them were just going to ignore them an let them get away with it.

Maybe next time try not killing someone in a high populated area if you don't want to be ganked.
Hehe I do not kill people. If you actually read the post you would know why I think what I do.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Your name tag should not show your criminal status.

There is no good reason why you should be able to look at someone, doing something that has nothing to do with you, and see whether you can freely kill them or not. The only people that this helps are the blue blockers in graveyard and the small zergs that do not like minding their own business. In early beta, when this wasn't implemented, you used your wit to get out of sticky situations, instead of running away and hiding. If you murdered someone, you had to come up with a plan to prove that you were truly the innocent one. Never did you get blueblocked and then ganged up on by noobs, and never did you get killed because you hit someone being mean, stealing heads, making threats, ETC. The only people that should be able to decide your fate should be the ones IN the situation. If you aren't close enough to see one person hit another, you aren't close enough to have ANY idea what was truly going on.

Henrik, please get rid of nametag crim status.

Yeah im completly in favor of this, the more of the variables you put into player's will and criteria the richer the game, overload it with arbitrary "punishment" mechanics such as a half baked flag and standing system and it will become a boring repetitive ass game fast.

For a moment when the game was like you described it i thought they would stay with it and i truly liked it and vouched for it, i thought "damn SV is finnaly breaking the egg shell" guess not.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Yeah im completly in favor of this, the more of the variables you put into player's will and criteria the richer the game, overload it with arbitrary "punishment" mechanics such as a half baked flag and standing system and it will become a boring repetitive ass game fast.

For a moment when the game was like you described it i thought they would stay with it and i truly liked it and vouched for it, i thought "damn SV is finnaly breaking the egg shell" guess not.
Yeah, even the grieves think it would be more fun if they got to try and deceive people and didn’t just have to run behind a rock to survive.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah, even the grieves think it would be more fun if they got to try and deceive people and didn’t just have to run behind a rock to survive.
yeah some people is really used to the literal themepark mechanics, an arrow pointing down someone saying shit like "look at THIS dude is a CRIMINAL" hahaha i can't stand that shit anymore, im tired of those games that don't require u to think at all.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Nah...

I love pvp... but there should always be a flagging system.

It sounds like OP was trying to go gank some noons and got wrecked. You can cry immersion breaking all you want...but IRL if you hacked someone to death and tried to cover it up in a crowd of people..you would have blood all over your hands. (Your flag) I dont buy the immersion broken argument at all. All i hear is you want your cake and eat it too.

If there was no system in place like there is currently... everyone would just kill everyone all the time with no worry or remorse.

They have games like that...

Try unreal tournament deathmatch.

Reactions: Vulpin

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Nah...

It sounds like OP was trying to go gank some noons and got wrecked. You can cry immersion breaking all you want...but IRL if you hacked someone to death and tried to cover it up in a crowd of people..you would have blood all over your hands. (Your flag) I dont buy the immersion broken argument at all. All i hear is you want your cake and eat it too.

If there was no system in place like there is currently... everyone would just kill everyone all the time with no worry or remorse.

Exactly, non of the he said she said BS games. It should be obvious to everyone around to know who started attacking who. I played BDO long enough to know how much drama the he said she said BS creates. If you choose to attack someone in a populated area expect people to gank you it that simple, if you don't like it than stop trying to PK people when there other people around you. An if the OP is so terrified of being blue blocked than they should just disable criminal actions in the settings, I mean the really it the whole reason that option exist, to prevent blue blockers from making you go gray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
1. You can decide for yourself wether it is worth it to lose the standing.
2. The fact that you would be worried to hit people is the literal point of what I just said. You have to have witnessed the event, or used your brain a little before you decide to hit someone.
3. Yes it makes being a criminal easier but it makes the game more fun when you actually have to think a little. Being a criminal right now is literally just hitting someone and running away.
Your implying the system isnt abusable. If they made it so you cant see criminal statrus, someone could pretend to be grey with their friend to get someone to attack them, so that that person loses standing.

You are in the Gy. You see a guy running, with another guy chasing him. So you go to help the guy. You go crim from hitting 'the bad guy', because he wasnt actually the grey one. You run off because you dont want to lose standing so you cant kill the guy you hit. The guy has his friend kill him so he can give you standing loss. Or, they just killed you because your grey.

That would be much more trash than the current system.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Your implying the system isnt abusable. If they made it so you cant see criminal statrus, someone could pretend to be grey with their friend to get someone to attack them, so that that person loses standing.

You are in the Gy. You see a guy running, with another guy chasing him. So you go to help the guy. You go crim from hitting 'the bad guy', because he wasnt actually the grey one. You run off because you dont want to lose standing so you cant kill the guy you hit. The guy has his friend kill him so he can give you standing loss. Or, they just killed you because your grey.

Exactly, you are just listing reasons why my idea works! It teaches people to mind their own business.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Exactly, non of the he said she said BS games. It should be obvious to everyone around to know who started attacking who. I played BDO long enough to know how much drama the he said she said BS creates. If you choose to attack someone in a populated area expect people to gank you it that simple, if you don't like it than stop trying to PK people when there other people around you. An if the OP is so terrified of being blue blocked than they should just disable criminal actions in the settings, I mean the really it the whole reason that option exist, to prevent blue blockers from making you go gray.
Yes, you are right. I want to make the game more fun because I am scared of getting blue blocked in the GY. You are just sad that you cant kill a rando newb who accidentally hit someone and take their loot. You are probably one of the people who scream at the others in the discord for not being newb friendly enough yet you like it when people like you are able to trick them.

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Nah...

If you hacked someone down in front of everyone wouldn't everyone just... kill you?

Kenshin

Apr 6, 2021
Wut?

To show you were a criminal? Are you proposing that we should be able to kill another player, and so long as no one sees you, you get no repurcussions?
The can report the murder... but yes that is what I am proposing, if no one sees you commit a crime no one knows you committed a crime? Is that so outlandish xD
edit: no response ofc that tends to happen when people are wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Lol this would be amazing, imagine people remembering whos a criminal and whos not, too much to ask? Lol