Myrland Instancing NA

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
you basically cant parry anything because by the time you see their movement on your screen they have already hit you on theirs.

80 ms difference literaly means 80 milliseconds difference. I am not saying it isn't possible to lose due to this, but if it is a common occurence it might just be that the player in question is not very good if they blame a delay of only 1/10 of a second every time.

Reactions: Psyop

Awki

Jan 7, 2022
whatever everquest did is what they should do. if thats possible. huge zoned areas.

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
80 ms difference literaly means 80 milliseconds difference. I am not saying it isn't possible to lose due to this, but if it is a common occurence it might just be that the player in question is not very good if they blame a delay of only 1/10 of a second every time.

Oh so that's how people are thinking about it.

It's not quite that simple and yer thinking about it as if it's a side by side race which isn't quite correct. Think of it this way. It's more about attack speed and how fast you have to react as well as frame advantage for the attacker. Once an attack appears on your screen you have a certain time period to defend. Your ping takes off time from that time period. So if the attack takes 500ms to hit you after it appears on the screen and your ping is 150ms then you have 350ms to react. Same goes if you see an opening with an opponent. If you catch him with a frame advantage then say you have 500ms of an opening before he can recover and your ping is 300ms then you only get 200ms of an opening to attack. Faster the attack speed the harder pings gonna hit ya

That game does something odd though with combat where the enemy's physical location and visual location aren't quite lined up. The attacks 'feel' off a bit too which adds to the clunkyness. I am assuming this is all because of the ping normalization that has been added. I think each side is 100ms off where they 'think' they are, but I'm just guessing.

All this aside you won't notice unless you are melee versus melee. The skill cap with low ping is a lot higher though if that makes sense. A top tier player with low ping is going to SERIOUSLY have an advantage over a top tier player with high ping. The above only really matters when fients, spins, and other fast reaction techniques are used.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Ehh..once you reach a certain ping it actually becomes beneficial in some cases 🤣 it starts to look like lag switching

In MO maybe, but not in a game where you have to time everything perfectly to make a shot, get open etc. lol. I've taken Ls in fighting games due to extensive lag and button mashing (not that I'm good at fighting games anyway,) but in sports games, esp games where timing matters:

loool so uggly, and dude is soo trash getting body bagged by cpu, AND it's not even on a hard difficulty. See that shit that happens when they shoot free throws, that T meter? On hardest + lag + bad ft shooters that shit was zooming.

Playing online vs the best of the best we'd play 5 minute quarters and the person who could make 3 or 4 defensive stops would win the game. ME USUALLY ahem. Shit was cutthroat and fun, but it's a good game to accentuate subtle ping differences. Not to mention, it seems like the higher your ping gets, the more inconsistent it is. DIGRESS. Ping matters. 100 ping is OK tho IMO. That's basically what you can ask for online, even now, if you are under 100 ping, you're doin' aight. It might matter, but you gotta swallow that excuse (imo, at least.)

Everybody thinks the games they are really good at take a lot of skill, but the truth is, a lot of them just require DIFFERENT skills. And some are affected by ping more than others. I dunno if I can think of a game that mixes the all 'high level' skills required to play all the games I've seen people play who were good... it's all just diff. FPS is diff, fighting game is diff, sports game is diff, rts is diff, strat is diff. MO is pretty wonky, all things considered, but there are def skill plays. I feel like it could be a lot more skillful thooo.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
so many questions....
will we be able to queue into the new continents directly or will we have to login thru the main queue (for our toons already in myrland) and then switch to one of the new instances?
do haven toons get to choose which myrland instance to go to?
is there a timer for how often you can swap instances?
will each town have their own 'statue' to swap instances or will it be out in the world somewhere?
is there a plan to consolidate the other instances if/when the capacity problem is sorted out (or population drops)?
what happens when patches drop and population spikes, will new myrlands pop into existence to handle the immediate load?
how will the new myrlands handle resource generation, as it is effectively multiplying the number of resources/coin available, removing competition and creating massive inflation.
will the itemdb be able to handle the now multiplied amount of traffic it will be getting? what about other parts of the architecture?

i hope for the best but i fear massive inflation of mats and coin will harm the economy in the long run

-barcode

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
You will get a NA based continent soon enough, stop crying about NA servers already jesus... I have 300+ ping and I'm not throwing a fit.

It's an indie company, not an AAA dev team, you have to be patient - a solution for your issue will come...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You will get a NA based continent soon enough, stop crying about NA servers already jesus... I have 300+ ping and I'm not throwing a fit.

It's an indie company, not an AAA dev team, you have to be patient - a solution for your issue will come...
Sarducca doesnt count. We dont want that litter box. We will pass untill they put out a decent map.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

they use AWS mate I could literally spin up an Asian server in a minute if I wanted to, obviously its just a click of a button for them not like they're flying to NA to set up their own servers

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Cool opinion man but no one asked. We are having a discuss on an NA server now that we have multiple servers and you come in here saying someone is crying.

Yeah nobody is asking for your constant crying and complaints either, yet you spam the forums. What an irony.

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
They should add a third person option to take selfies lol... I know it breaks with the core vision of the game... But so does the myrland instances so what's the harm