Myrland Instancing NA

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

Now that SV has acknowledged the server capacity problems and plans to create instances of Myrland, I think that it is obligatory that they make at least one of the instances NA based. A massive portion of the population is from NA and this would seem like a no brainer.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Depends, if they are using their current server plan to expand. Then no. But if they already have to sign a new one? 100% make sure there is some NA expansion going on.

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
We will go from instances to separated worlds when the experiment fails. And then they will create EU, US and SEA servers like every other game company.

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
If only there was an island in the Atlantic with cheap energy and good internet so that everyone would be gimped equally - oh wait there is!

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Depends, if they are using their current server plan to expand. Then no. But if they already have to sign a new one? 100% make sure there is some NA expansion going on.

It's not gonna happen caz laws. lol. I promise you that's the problem. If they can handle the legal red tape and all that, they prol will, but that, not money, is the problem. If it was just about dropping a server in NA, that would be EZ and already done.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Now that SV has acknowledged the server capacity problems and plans to create instances of Myrland, I think that it is obligatory that they make at least one of the instances NA based. A massive portion of the population is from NA and this would seem like a no brainer.

Sometimes I am wondering why some people seem to think devs can just snap their fingers and somehow servers based in NA appear out of thin air that they then can easily connect to their actual system without any connection issues.

Meaning, I highly doubt their instancing system is build for something like this.

Also, this is just a temporary measure.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
And when merging all instances back to one server you would cry again because this one is not located in the USA.
Exactly, people will get comfy with it then cry even louder when it reverts back.

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
On the other hand, it seems silly to not give the market what it wants - the market clearly wants regional servers. Competitive US gamers cannot bear the thought of having a ping of 100, while us EU region plebs have been suffering on US servers since gaming began.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
On the other hand, it seems silly to not give the market what it wants - the market clearly wants regional servers. Competitive US gamers cannot bear the thought of having a ping of 100, while us EU region plebs have been suffering on US servers since gaming began.
They've already said that different continents might have their servers in different geographic locations to balance things out and I think that is fair.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022

I don't even understand the issue. I've played MMOs and even something like League of Legends over a decade ago with a 300+ ping and it barely bothered me. And some people want to tell me a difference of 70 ping is an issue now?

Reactions: Tloluvin and Xunila

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I don't even understand the issue. I've played MMOs and even something like League of Legends over a decade ago with a 300+ ping and it barely bothered me. And some people want to tell me a difference of 70 ping is an issue now?
Try playing Mount and Blade or Mordhau or Chivalry with 300 ping and then come back. Its the most ping dependant type of combat.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I remem in 2004 when I started playing NBA Live on PC competitively. It was all p2p connections. I can tell you a little under 100 ping was the only thing that was close to an offline environment. I beat people with wild pings (200 is a wild ping, that's like MO1 sweden from tx ping), but it's not even the same game. You don't even shoot jump shots because you can't time them. 300 ping is atrocious now, and it was in 2004. haha.

I would say the difference of ping isn't the issue as much as one ping being 70 and one ping being 150 (yea that's 80 ping, but it's a more rounded number,) If that makes sense. One is perfectly smooth, the other is not. There are people with 30 ping. If their ping was 30 and mine was 100, it would be doable. It would be less of a disadvantage than 70-80 v 150. There is a threshold of playability, like tiers. 150 ping is KINDA BAD. I ping 150~ thru task manager in MO. I can deal with it, but it kinda sucks. It's worlds different than the original MO server ping which was only a bit higher. 200-215, w/e.

300 ping on MO tho is like I'm sorry for you loss. lol I dunno if you could even play a beast master at that point.

Edit: but I'd take stable 100ping in any game ;) ;) ;) I can adjust. It requires foresight, but it's not a big deal.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021

you basically cant parry anything because by the time you see their movement on your screen they have already hit you on theirs. Also you often get hit twice in a row as the server is trying to catch up. On their screen you you just stood there while they hit you twice. Then there is rhe rubber banding on people skipping all over the place which makes it even harder for you to land hits.

MO1 had huge ping issues and frankly melee pvp was horrible when yiu were fighting anyone with a vastly different ping (eu to us).

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
you basically cant parry anything because by the time you see their movement on your screen they have already hit you on theirs. Also you often get hit twice in a row as the server is trying to catch up. On their screen you you just stood there while they hit you twice. Then there is rhe rubber banding on people skipping all over the place which makes it even harder for you to land hits.

MO1 had huge ping issues and frankly melee pvp was horrible when yiu were fighting anyone with a vastly different ping (eu to us).

i’ll echo this. Directional action combat games like this are very ping dependent. Over a certain ping it’s physically not possible to block unless you ‘get lucky’ and guess the right direction. Not nearly as important in ranged or magic though.

now back on subject my read of this is that they are adding new continents NOT instances like Haven has for example. Meaning we will need to go to a certain location to travel between them. If anyone played MO1 they can likely tell us where these travel spots are likely to be. The other continents are just going to be mirrors of the mainland for the time being. Likely until the new maps are ready so it’s gonna be a while

D

Deleted member 44

And when merging all instances back to one server you would cry again because this one is not located in the USA.
Cool opinion man but no one asked. We are having a discuss on an NA server now that we have multiple servers and you come in here saying someone is crying.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I remem in 2004 when I started playing NBA Live on PC competitively. It was all p2p connections. I can tell you a little under 100 ping was the only thing that was close to an offline environment. I beat people with wild pings (200 is a wild ping, that's like MO1 sweden from tx ping), but it's not even the same game. You don't even shoot jump shots because you can't time them. 300 ping is atrocious now, and it was in 2004. haha.

I would say the difference of ping isn't the issue as much as one ping being 70 and one ping being 150 (yea that's 80 ping, but it's a more rounded number,) If that makes sense. One is perfectly smooth, the other is not. There are people with 30 ping. If their ping was 30 and mine was 100, it would be doable. It would be less of a disadvantage than 70-80 v 150. There is a threshold of playability, like tiers. 150 ping is KINDA BAD. I ping 150~ thru task manager in MO. I can deal with it, but it kinda sucks. It's worlds different than the original MO server ping which was only a bit higher. 200-215, w/e.

300 ping on MO tho is like I'm sorry for you loss. lol I dunno if you could even play a beast master at that point.

Edit: but I'd take stable 100ping in any game ;) ;) ;) I can adjust. It requires foresight, but it's not a big deal.

Ehh..once you reach a certain ping it actually becomes beneficial in some cases 🤣 it starts to look like lag switching

Reactions: Psyop