My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
1) quality of life:
the map size wasn't a problem when the continent was full of player. It is designed to be full of player cities, so you won't have to go to MK to get your unique books, intermediate cities will do it for you.
Those who ask for map size cut just don't think more than 5 seconds.

It wasnt a problem until it was a problem. And most of us knew it would be a problem. And now its a problem. And it will always be a problem. Maybe it is you who has only been thinking for 5 seconds if you thought SV could actually deliver a game that would make this many people want to consistently play it...

Larger map size should be achieved through new continents. Not one big giant empty continent. If the game is overcrowded let people deal with that by killing eachother the way it was intended. Henrik literally said he wanted to reduce player interaction by making it bigger because he said you shouldnt always see people when you leave town. But the fact of the matter is he just wanted less people to get murdered or griefed and now look. No need to really worry about seeing other players outside town.

Player towns. Keep dreaming. It just portable benches, priests and storage. Hell we don't even have unlocked sheds anymore like wtf. Maybe in like another 5 years this game will be worth playing. But I seriously doubt its ever going to fill Myrland, and then imagine when new continents do come out and Myrland is even emptier...

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It wasnt a problem until it was a problem. And most of us knew it would be a problem. And now its a problem. And it will always be a problem. Maybe it is you who has only been thinking for 5 seconds if you thought SV could actually deliver a game that would make this many people want to consistently play it...

Larger map size should be achieved through new continents. Not one big giant empty continent. If the game is overcrowded let people deal with that by killing eachother the way it was intended. Henrik literally said he wanted to reduce player interaction by making it bigger because he said you shouldnt always see people when you leave town. But the fact of the matter is he just wanted less people to get murdered or griefed and now look. No need to really worry about seeing other players outside town.

Player towns. Keep dreaming. It just portable benches, priests and storage. Hell we don't even have unlocked sheds anymore like wtf. Maybe in like another 5 years this game will be worth playing. But I seriously doubt its ever going to fill Myrland, and then imagine when new continents do come out and Myrland is even emptier...

This clearly shows the amount of planning and considerations SV has, its the same development concept MO1 had. From the general to particular, deliver first big empty map thats gonna gradually be filled up with content.
Introduce placeholder content that eventually gonna be finished.

The story of their lives. Instead of thinking of a modular concept they follow the placeholder concept, gotta be stupìd to think that works when it clearly failed in MO1 lol.

Reactions: Ibarruri and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They only listen to noobs that cry to loudest. The kicked out everyone that has a complain.

A minority of the active population. The devs hate their real community and banned most of them from the discord so they dont have someone questioning their decisions.

I was happy to hear of the new QA lead. Having fresh blood on the team who doesnt hate the community and might listen. But sadly Robmo has marked on his Linkedin that he is a QA lead.

A tamer only player that doesnt know that you need a weapon to block other weapons, has no idea what is or isnt a bug in this game, claims using game mechanics is a exploit because the devs made mistakes in design. Supposedly the QA lead but had no idea about the exploits going on in the game, had to be told that you can log out in dungeons

Also slanders the unofficial discord as a place that spread dupes. Slanders the unofficial even further as every single person being a racist, block 3 people out of the 40 active there and you will have no issues with gamer words. Loses a argument over what is and isnt a exploit then leaves the discord when everyone comes around to disagreeing with him on that subject. Now he comes back on a alt which was super obvious to spy on the discord with the excuse that people there are spreading dupes which is just untrue.

Another hostile player hating dev that will continue to run the game into the ground and will never see that they were wrong.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
They only listen to noobs that cry to loudest. The kicked out everyone that has a complain.

A minority of the active population. The devs hate their real community and banned most of them from the discord so they dont have someone questioning their decisions.

I was happy to hear of the new QA lead. Having fresh blood on the team who doesnt hate the community and might listen. But sadly Robmo has marked on his Linkedin that he is a QA lead.

A tamer only player that doesnt know that you need a weapon to block other weapons, has no idea what is or isnt a bug in this game, claims using game mechanics is a exploit because the devs made mistakes in design. Supposedly the QA lead but had no idea about the exploits going on in the game, had to be told that you can log out in dungeons

Also slanders the unofficial discord as a place that spread dupes. Slanders the unofficial even further as every single person being a racist, block 3 people out of the 40 active there and you will have no issues with gamer words. Loses a argument over what is and isnt a exploit then leaves the discord when everyone comes around to disagreeing with him on that subject. Now he comes back on a alt which was super obvious to spy on the discord with the excuse that people there are spreading dupes which is just untrue.

Another hostile player hating dev that will continue to run the game into the ground and will never see that they were wrong.
Lol are you for real telling me robmo a player is the QA? what the actual fuck is wrong with these guys xD

#freeinstakillah #ourhero #comeback

Reactions: Gnidex and tal0s
Jul 12, 2022
US
Hmm... because I dont recall MO1 with the same rose tinted glasses as you do I am some kind of MO2 fanboy? Well then call me a fanboy. Because MO2 is objectively in a better state than MO1 was at this same point. Now that is not to say that MO2 has a LOT of issues still. The flagging system is hot trash as pointed out previously. The economy is a mess. Combat is a meme of its former self. And the complete lack of siege is a criminal action at this point.

No Necromancy isnt going to fix anything, yes it will bring broken pets into the game. But perhaps it will fix some of the bugs, as they say it is going to be filled with bug fixes, but we shall see on that.

The difference between you and I is I am a realist. I see things for what they are.
no you are just coping and it makes no sense why. maybe cause mo2 is easier and more for casual players even though things take longer and are mode boring. snooze fest.

Jul 12, 2022
US
Hmm... because I dont recall MO1 with the same rose tinted glasses as you do I am some kind of MO2 fanboy? Well then call me a fanboy. Because MO2 is objectively in a better state than MO1 was at this same point. Now that is not to say that MO2 has a LOT of issues still. The flagging system is hot trash as pointed out previously. The economy is a mess. Combat is a meme of its former self. And the complete lack of siege is a criminal action at this point.

No Necromancy isnt going to fix anything, yes it will bring broken pets into the game. But perhaps it will fix some of the bugs, as they say it is going to be filled with bug fixes, but we shall see on that.

The difference between you and I is I am a realist. I see things for what they are.
also why didn't you explain why more people are saying the same thing. are they just all wrong? lol.

Jul 12, 2022
US

ngl you make some valid points but a lot of people in the unofficial discord are just sad miserable fucks who keep playing mo2 when they should just quit. but people are so addicted to getting fucked by SV they keep on playing.

all that discord has achieved is a place for be horrible to each other, complain, and shit on others trying to do anything remotely good for the community. I don't take it seriously and I don't think anyone else should.

is the mo2 official discord better? nah it's the worst of any mortal community discord. can't even have an opinion in there.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
no you are just coping and it makes no sense why. maybe cause mo2 is easier and more for casual players even though things take longer and are mode boring. snooze fest.

Not sure why you had to quote me twice in two different posts. But the I am not coping, I am just pointing out the facts.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They did eventually fix the bugs and issues that plagued MO1 but after how long? 1 year? 2 years? It wasnt until year 3 that most of the major issues were ironed out. Then there was whole new issues. From the hacker running rampant to the Ddos attacks on the server. To the data breaches that cost how many accounts everything? Yes again I remember MO1 for what it was. It had its highs but it really had its lows too.

What I mean is they fixed a lot going INTO MO2. Even the map smoothing. Like I toldja all, I went off a rock into the water on my horse like I was in an action movie and landed like a fishing float. Less fall dmg for mounts, yea that shit was ANNOYING but it was something. Same w/ extra darkness, other MO things.

The data breach was a big problem to me, and I would not have done MO2 if not for steam, but it's w/e. I don't have rosy glasses about MO1, but I do know that I had more fun playing MO1. Like I said, I got 2 accts for MO2, and I got less than 1k hours played. That's all thru beta, all thru release. Sure I stopped playing for a few, but it's not like I was/am playing softcore, either. I'm doing my thang. It doesn't take as much effort imo, but it's not as engaging.

I desperately need at least something like... wood carving, cooking, jewelry, like player made trinkets :D So many ways they could go, I just don't understand. There are like 75% things they could add which are good and the rest are bad. Like the dude mentioned stream sniping, yea that's bitchmade, but the fact that someone is in their ear about that, and it getting mentioned w/ bannable stuff is like :eek: It hurts to know my voice is soft here, BUT I can keep talking. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!

No, that's not true, but I believe, still. I do think the actual 'inner workings' of this game... not the mechanics, but the forces that are driving it atm are all fucked cuz of the way the economy is.

Reactions: Ibarruri and Hodo

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Either:
  • the game lacks a coherent design philosophy
  • the game has the wrong design philosophy
  • the team do not have the capability on delivering on the design philosophy
They certainly have not had the ability to articulate which, and project polish is only an admission that they know one of these is hindering the game but not that they know which and how to solve it.

You can argue all day about which features and mechanics are problematic and which voices are being listened to but the reality is if their philosophy was sound and their competence high, they wouldn't need to listen to any voices because they could identify for themselves what works better and worse and how to course correct when things don't turn out according to the grand design.

Anarchy starts at home.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Well ill explain you what happened. After massive roadmap delays due to clear server problematics since launch everything has been delayed more, people were demanding more content, meaningfull content so they would feel like still playing the game.

First SV thought (because some simpletons told them) that people were quitting due to the lack of player behavior punishment, which wasnt true (entirely, theres obviously people that don't like the whole concept of the game and they find out while playing it).

Happens people was quitting due to stupid ass repetitive pve and nothing to do except endless farming and some shit tier spinning duels.
They add hardbrakes to criminal playstyles, more people quits.

They add some quality of life features, minor but requested and expected. Too late.

Then, they realize people wanted content to keep playing so they made this 2 minute coding bounty system that does not work and its absolute broken garbage nobody uses except for exploiting.
With the hope that would make the "blues" feel better with the illusion of justice about killing" murderers, which was a lie lmao, its the most unrewarding pile of shit this game has lmao.

Then after the failure of a bounty system that some people were asking for (can't blame the poor fucks didn't knew it was going to be shite) they introduce trinckets, gold-timesink to make people invested in the game.

And people did log in, how SV rewards the active ones?
By letting them farm broken shit till they fix it leaving the results of pre-patch mechanics, a broken economy.

Then this thing whats legal and whats not, letting some people do some things with exception to the rules is just another un-professional shitter scenario. This is why no company role should be in hands of players, except maybe testing and in open-public scenario.
But do we really wanna repeat the same as in MO1? Players given the space to push for mechanics to favor their playstyle and groups, unfair broken favors and as much shady shit as you can imagine.

People still wants content, because trinckets are shit. Just another broken mechanic for certain people to get rich in the first weeks of pre-nerf.

So SV says, "fine we will make necromancy since its really strong content and it took too many years to deliver in MO1 so we will add it relatively fast into MO2 and people will be happy".

So far Henrique streams about necro are dog ass, but i won't get really judgemental till i see the actual patch.

They said now, after super delayed development that they gonna focus on polishing and bug fixing after Necro.
Every time they said "polishing and bug fixing" ment they would go into dormant mode with a minimum development delivering super thin bug fixes that will most likely won't fix anything, not making this shit up seen it chronically in MO1.

At this time it doesn't matter what they say, they need to generate positive results which they have been failing to deliver since launch.

It feels they don't take anything seriously, everything is placeholder, shitty design and even worse implementation. Feels like they don't wanna use their money for the proyect, what can i say. Apparently they have a lot of funding but development is worse than MO1, and MO1 according to some didn't had any funding and it was a piss poor indie company struggling to deliver a niche skill based" mmorpg.

If they want people to cut em some slack they need to be cristal clear with their development, show whos working, on what and deliver results.

Otherwise they just create massive expectations on streams and they never deliver. Imagine if they don't create expectations when you see noobs saying shit like "when boats come..." in helpchat.

What do you think hyped noobs gonna do when they find out boats have been comming for the past 10 years roflmao.

very agree. the bounty hunter system is pathetic and an embarrassment. I feel ashamed of that mess. I don't know who was responsible for that delusion, but he should be fired. I don't want to be rude, but it's horrible. It's even worse than legendary weapons. I don't understand why they do these things. It's incomprehensible.

Jul 12, 2022
US
Not sure why you had to quote me twice in two different posts. But the I am not coping, I am just pointing out the facts.
your facts stink like mo2. if we follow your logic 10 dollars when mo1 came out is still worth an equal amount when mo2 came out, but we all know that's just not true. you're comparing two products that have had a decades worth of time between them, yet they are both objectively bad.. but you're gonna tell me mo1 is worse? ok lol. its just not true when a reasonable person considers it.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

wow i think rombo was nice. shiet...
The most painful of all is reading you and realizing that you are right in practically everything you say, however there is nothing we can do, and everything is happening as many warned (veterans) long ago. I really didn't want to see it. I wanted to be optimistic and move forward in the hope that our world would return to its former splendor. But I think I've made a terrible mistake. This is all a big mess and it won't end well if something doesn't change.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021

According to Gulith, the greatest game developer, he has been around since MO inception soo uhhhh yeaa he is correct uhh ya.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri