Mortal Online 2: The Injustice of a player base

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I am happy to join with you today, in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for equality in the history of Nave.

Three score years ago, a great Swedish man, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, announced Mortal Online 2. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Mages who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.
But Three years later, the Mage still is not free. Three years later, the life of the Mage is still sadly crippled by the manacles of nerfs and the chains of discrimination, three years later. The Mage lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. Three years later, the Mage is still languished in the corners of Nave society and finds himself in exile in his own land, and so we’ve come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we’ve come to our communities forum to cash a check. When the Devs of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Magic Schools, and the declaration of Necromancy, they were signing a promissory note to which every Nave citizen was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, Mage men as well as Foot Fighter men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and balance. It is obvious today that Nave has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her Mage citizens are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, Nave has given the Mage people a bad check, a check which has come back marked insufficient funds.

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so we’ve come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of buffs and the security of justice.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Mage's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. 2022 is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Mage's needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in Nave until the Mage is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

The Inequality I speak of:
Necro Mages have had broken mechanics for months. Atrophy does nothing. In the stats page it takes mana regen down by 50%. But it actually does not do anything, If it does it is not noticeable at all.
Benumb mind Is supposed to imped mana regen and magic casting. (Break the targets concentration reducing mana regeneration and blocks creatures from using magic) So this legit does nothing. It says it will break targets concentration, This to me means the effected person will not be able to cast. The concentration skill Makes it so you do not get interrupted while casting when you get hit. If Benumb mind breaks it, they shall not cast. Even if my interpretation of it is incorrect. It is still hallway broken.
These mechanics have been in game from July 21st And are still broken/unfinished to this day!
For ECU Earth quake is supposed to dismount and knock down. But none of the knock down mechanics are even in yet.
Foot fighters had a bug that made them have to hold an attack for slightly longer, And that shit got hot fixed next day! Inequality as fuck.:mad:

Spiritism Rant:
Every one cried about spirit scouting bc it was "OP" The mechanics were in the game to counter that. But yet they still fucking inted it. You can no longer see PCs when in spirit form. So now the only thing to do in spirit mode is to farm flux, Which is boring as fuck and yes you can make money. But there are more consistent things to do. Also tell me why when you are alive you can see spirits if u cast TA on your self or a non spiritist. But a maxed out Spiritism mage can not see the living? Like when the spiritist mage is in his fucking zone he is weaker then a non spiritist that is living? Like how can that be an acceptable translation? Its retarded.
TBH I only spirit scouted like once, And I hated it. I popped out of a portal and laser beamed 1 horse then got hit with 1 arrow and died. But people loved spirit scouting, And it added a lot of dynamics to the game. So to just throw away a very cool and useful mechanic like that because people bitched about it is absurd.
People always say in discord that Spiritism mages are so op, "Bc they can just portal on a rock and kill everyone" Yeah if your group is full of fucking rtards. You come out of the portal at 10hp, even if the mage sits and hides to get hp back they have nothing, Just shoot them 2x and it completely counters it. Its not OP, Its shit as fuck. It has one offensive spell that does go through magic reflect. But Id rather spurt the mfer then int 100 points just for a laser beam and to rez, if you are victorious in combat. Spiritism was cool and fun to have, but now its just a meme.

Ecumenical Rant:
This is by far the most useful magic school to date. Even tho it being the most basic, mechanic and lore wise. My
complaints have expended after talking with my friend. My original complaints were no knock down on EQ, and the rework of Magic Reflect.
I can not stand Magic Reflects rework. I used to fight people all the time, see they got an MR up and then cast a heal on them, to heal my self and get rid of the magic reflect. I really loved this mechanic it was such a bad ass moment to do this and made me feel op as fk when ever it happened. It added a level of
depth to being a smart mage, and now with this rework it is dull and boring. Fights are all the same now, Spurt then go in. Its just dull as fk now.
My friends input:
Why can Foot Fighters cast MR, corrupt, and purify to the max level of usefulness while not even being a mage.
It makes sense, Just think about it. In order for me to be
effective with a melee weapon I have to put points into strength, Its not like Im putting 10 extra points. I have to get my damage bonus to at least -8% (34 points into strength) to even do low double digits with a melee weapon. Yet Foot fighter hybrids can cast the 3 spells above to full effectiveness. With out having to gimp their attribute points. They can also cast all other spells and do shit damage, but it is still more damage then i can do with a melee weapon and 10stg.
He said they should not be able to cast these spells to the same
effectiveness as a full mage. I agree. Perhaps the foot fighter should be able to cast these spells, but only at like 20-50% effectiveness. So this FF in question has 10int, and minimum ECU to cast MR, Magic is based off of INT. So the FF should not cast 100% MR for 15min. Instead he should cast MR with 20% magic reflection and only last 1min. "1min is way to low" 1min is the cast time for all spiritism spells btw. (Until the recent patch that made EM longer) But it makes sense and if you cant see that, your the problem.
Purify should be a higher skill in the school. It needs to be higher because if you think of it logically why can a 10int FF purify my 100+int 100ECU fulm on him. The mage should have complete supremacy over the magic aspect of the fight, Just as the FF has complete supremacy of the melee aspect of the fight. The system we are talking about would be in depth as fuck, I know its a lot to ask the devs to code this in. But would improve the game balance, and lore wise.

Necro rants:
There are broken ass spells.
The zombies you summon at 100necro 100 walker knowledge can be stolen by a 100/100. Once they steal them, you can not get them back. So I guess the meta is to never use them, and just steal someone zombies bc they will not have a chance of regaining control. (Not sure if this was fixed)
Rituals got nerfed into the fucking dirt. I ran the necro dungeon 20x now and the book dropped 1x. I dont mind that at all. But when you nerf it into the dirt what the fuck is the point? Rituals is the worst leveling grind in the game, and for what? A shitty pet? That takes countless hrs to level/get just to have a MA eat its ass.
Death hand range needs to be increased. Necro is tailored around dex mages mobility but when I have to kiss the mfer on the lips to do 70 damage only to take 110 damage my self, what the fuck is the point?
Auw Surge needs to have a hit scan to cast. Besides just throwing it out close to the target. If you do not have the targets name in the center it will not do any damage, even if it goes through people. Which makes it harder because as a dex mage Im constantly moving fast, just as my target is.
You cant throw out cloud of ash or Miasma to the ground. You also have to have a hit scan target to cast the spell.
Cloud of ash dosnt block name tags. You can look into the cloud and still cast magic/shoot a bow at someone. I needs to hide names/not acquire targets, because it does what the fuck is the point?

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
General mage rants:
You can not be a Mage. You are forced into either being Tamer mage, or a Dagger mage. There is no Full mage build. You are forced into gimping your self some how or another.
Going the tamer mage you have to gimp your magic load out/capabilities using up to 400points just to have a pets so you can survive.
With a dagger mage its the same only worse, because you have to use attribute points to effectively use a melee weapon. Which in turn will make your mana or hp drop considerably. Also you now have to wear armor, effecting your mana regen a fuck ton, limiting your magic damage output. And the armor you get to wear is no more then 10 kgs with 50 armor training. So your in shit armor to begin with, against a chad FF with best armor and 15%+ damage bonus. So even if you have 100 blocking with 100% parry rate they will win just off parries.
The only way to be pure full mage, is to have a group of people to play with. There is no solo mage play. A competent FF can fight off multiple people at once. A competent Mage can kill one guy before they are low of mana, then get away and get nothing from the fight. If the group the mage is fighting is competent the only choice is to run, and try to get away. If there is a Dex fighter good luck.
Armor weight effects nothing. You can have 20kg armor on and have 88%stamana regen. That is insane to me.
Armor weight needs to have a movement speed debuff or a massive penalty increase in stamina regen or use.
People are mad that mage damage goes through armor. But all you have to do is get a MR or put points into psy to increase your survivability. There is no skill/spell/attribute that allows mages to block physical damage. The only way is to fuck your self over and put on heavy armor. Also when enchanting comes out. Im positive there will be magic resist enchants, so if you have a psy fighter with enchantments he is un killable? But Im sure that will be seen as balanced in some way.

My counters to every Mages are op and need a nerf statement.
"You have the spells in place to counter anything"
Not when the spells dont work or are locked behind copious amounts of gold, or countless hrs of farming.
"Your load out cost 1-3 gold while a FF cost 30-100g"
Wrong, You talk about all these spells we have to counter stuff, but you dont take in account how much time, and gold it cost to get at that point just to be able to cast those spells. Also you are forgetting about Ritual Blood, and Ash. Have you seen how much those sell for? AAbam is expensive as fuck, and you can only get it in one part of the whole map. Also just for a spirit box you are looking at 6g+ time to fill it with spirits. So the cost of load outs are irrelevant to how the game should be balanced.
"Spirtist can just portal to a rock and kill everyone"
No, The portal is nothing more then a fancy suicided/rez that takes longer. Also you have the mechanics in play to counter that. (A bow) that are considerably way more available then the spells you clamed we easy access to.
"You dont need 100% mana regen to be a good mage"
Yeah you dont. But imaging you put on 8kg of armor and can now only swing your sword half as much as before. That is what happens when I put on SHIT armor. I generally try to aim for 85% mana regen. But now with this shield weight added to armor weight, I guess im just fucked?
"You just need to wear armor to not get killed as easily"
You just need to put points into psy to not get mage banged.

The point im making is the game is unbalanced and broken as fuck. But also mages have a way more to cry about then any build. (Besides tamer with the shit ass node line bugs, and how long it takes to travel with them) But I am going to start crying a fuck ton. Because it seems like that is all FFs do and shit is getting changed because of crying. So I am now gonna start crying mfers. 😪 I have a dream that one day little dex mages, and big fat mages will have a voice for what should happen with the game. And little dex mages, and big fat mages will get the representation they have so longed for.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
For real. For fucking real. 'Mage OP' is just some bs people go around screaming after they killed 15 mages and the 16th got them. The time, effort, and gold investment is unreal. So much investment, but we get almost nothing out of it. People who play mages in this game do it because they absolutely love being a mage, and would play no other way. Certainly nobody out there is a mage in Mortal because it's easy. If mages were looking for easy they'd all roll a dex footie in 5-10 hours that can outrun anybody in the game while wearing 30kg armor and still hitting like a truck. No risk of OOMing after 5 spell casts, infinite arrow spam. Footies come out of haven more effective at combat than any mage is after a hundred hours of grinding.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I agree with Dracu. SV doesnt read the forums, and if you say this in the Discord or on the stream you will be shouted down by the try hard spin to win melee fighters.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
How do you know SV doesn't read the forums? Are people using not getting the results they want from forum posts as evidence of SV not reading forums?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
How do you know SV doesn't read the forums? Are people using not getting the results they want from forum posts as evidence of SV not reading forums?

Because suggestions and reports have been made in these forums and when they are mentioned some time later to Henrik on stream he is completely unaware of them.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Because suggestions and reports have been made in these forums and when they are mentioned some time later to Henrik on stream he is completely unaware of them.

we got some shit in. It depends on who says it and how many people say it. I honestly don't have any belief that suggestions other places are listened to v much either. Obviously some stuff makes it thru, but... in general?

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
we got some shit in. It depends on who says it and how many people say it. I honestly don't have any belief that suggestions other places are listened to v much either. Obviously some stuff makes it thru, but... in general?

A lot of suggestions are bad and completely antithetical to SV's vision

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022

So what is the vision? Clunky Interface; bugged pet system; everything > mages;

These are the points that really need to change:

1. Nav mesh needs to get fixed ASAP

2. Pets need to get a speed increase to be able to catch up and ride around with you and not have them crawl through the world (and getting stucked in the nav mesh). Just convenient way to make your pets usefull and you feel like you have some kind of connection or be some kind of a pet class.

3. The whole mage system needs to get simplified and reworked/changed in a way that you not need to think about how much the devs hate mages. The whole self cast using feint shit is fucked up. It is inconvenient, clunky and not enjoyable at all. All it needs is change the spellschools to a precast system like ecumenical ones and this would not only fix the huge balancing issues we have right now (How many mages do you know that can deal with a melee in molarium?). Melees just cut you in half and you have to commit a lot more as a mage to even get a tiny chance on winning the fight. It all starts with killing the horse. Which for a dex mage is possible BUT you end up with less than 50% mana when on foot where you still have to face the melee. As soon as the melee pulls out a long bow your horse is dead as well. On the ground footfight a melee can purify, magic reflect themself without the need to put any points in any of the spell lines or needed skills for being a mage. So in theory every melee is kind of a paladin. And 2 purifies is enough to get rid of the fulmination or corrupt. Even with 131 dex i have a very hard time to get away from thursar melees. If they chase me to nirvana they catch me eventually just because they have a lot more stamina than I do. What about fat mages will some of you say? Only thing you need to do is drop them off horse which is getting worked on right now with mounted combat. They can barely move because of around 300 movespeed (with weapon drawn sprinting). It is a very big disadvantage/imbalance for a mage to fight against a melee and even when you check out the hyped systems that Henrik speaks about in his streams (e.g. necromancy) it is just trash when you get into it. Necromancy and walkers is a pain. This is JUST for one walker: Cast -> "raise greater walker - 2.4 sec" -wait until they crawl out of the ground- Cast -> "control undead - 1.5 sec" Cast -> "command undead - 1 sec". You need to have the distance to set this all up. I did the test in game it is not possible to set this all up when a thursar is one "thunderlash range" away. EVEN when you cast the summon undead while running, by the time you prepare the control undead while leaving the summoned body behind you are OUT OF RANGE to make use of it. So you have to run circles which is impossible even with 434 none combat movespeed or 454 combat movespeed. Running a circle will put the thursar right up your ass. So what else do you have in your kit? Athrophy (reduced stamina regeneration by 50%) ! No this one is not even working and it can get purified by everybody. It shows visually that your stamina regeneration is 50% down but it does NOTHING. Blind? Yeah cool spell with 1200 range. No thank you. Even thought it last just 4 seconds and if the thursar is in range of 1200 you should immediately start running. YES you can do some kite running and turn 180 and shoot at the guy. But good melees are not dumb. They can see the cast they know you can not hold onto it like you can with ecumenicals. So what they do is just do a quick turn and you miss!
Magic is a garbage system. It looks shiny with all these cool spells and raising walkers and I'm sure you convince a lot of kids with it but for a competitive pvp game it is just garbage. Why can we not just raise walkers and they belong to us from the moment on you cast them, just for 30 seconds? and you have to control them in this time. THIS is called pet management! But the way you developed it is to just make it almost impossible to use them in fight! Increase the mana they consume or decrease the uptime of it but dont let us cast a grizillion amount of spells just to be able to use them. These walkers, even the greatest, do not have much life and deal not much damage to Steel either. Players in Tungsteel and Oghmium do not even notice the damage they do. It is no competition and would just fix a bit of imbalance.

4. Necromancy rituals. All described here: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/a-pretty-bad-developed-system-necromantic-rituals.9588/

5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. ... Countless of bugs like disappearing equerry in your house, pets falling through the ground in fight, crimbug (you are blue but guards attack you when entering town), Interface bugs and stuff that needs to get fixed so that it not feels clunky and like an Alphatest any more. When wearing rings with +raw attributes and it puts you over a certain attribute treshhold where you gain a skillpoint, it drops this skillpoint every time you cross a node line or log into the game. So when on mount and you cross a node line, you get kicked of that mount because you lost 1 cc point.

I could keep on giving more examples but I'm literally sick and tired that none of the devs from SV say a word to valuable feedback. I give feedback in game all day long since the very first day of this release. I do not see that anything changes. All Henrik is doing is throwing in more half baked and unfinished content in the game that just distracts people from how bad developed this game is. Without a plan and absolutely clueless. It could be such a great game if you Henrik would just stop with that and ask your community for help! And we all would be glad to help!

Last edited:

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Why can we not just raise walkers and they belong to us from the moment on you cast them, just for 30 seconds? and you have to control them in this time. THIS is called pet management!
Yeah bro, or even make LOD auto control risen zombies. Like its the fucking Lexicon of Death.
But it dont do shit smfh.

Reactions: Fearce

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Yeah bro, or even make LOD auto control risen zombies. Like its the fucking Lexicon of Death.
But it dont do shit smfh.

You have to know, i commited my whole skills and attributes to be the fastest. I have reduced intelligence and can not heal or damage like a fat mage can. I bought rings with raw dex just to be able to not get slaughtered on the battlefield and increase my move speed even more. I'm lean and have like 50-60 less hitpoints than a melee have. Not to mention my mana pool can not handle enough tlash to kill a footie. But even with 131 dex it is not possible to get distance. Not in any fight not against oghmirs or thursars and of course not against veelas. And even if i could get a little distance. A melee draws his bow and can shoot me in the back and guess what: They can HOLD the shot for as long as they want while sprinting waiting for the right moment. No I mean why should we mages be allowed to hold necromancy spells while ALWAYS in a defensive spot? Mages in this game are just build to get slaughtered and raped. It is no fun.
I have just one question to @Herius and @Robmo
Why were we able to immediately control undeads after summoning them in Mortal Online 1 and WHY do we need need a shit ton of work to do it in this game? Do you guys even test before you put something in the game? There is ZERO balance! Why does every mage system and future implementations feel like you shit on mages and want to get them out of the game? I seriously want an answer.

Easy fix:
Give a significant speed increase if your armorweight is below a certain treshhold and also give speed increase to lean and less weight!
Stop complicating things and ease up the whole mage system. We will never get imbalanced with these tiny chances.

It can not be that melees in full steel run the freaking same speed than lean dex mage just wearing 4kg of paper. There needs to be downsides for footies as well! If you want to be in full steel you need to have some handicaps!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Why does every mage system and future implementations feel like you shit on mages and want to get them out of the game? I seriously want an answer.
Thats because they do sit on mages.
Shield added to armor weight.
A full spiritism mage cant see the living, but a non spirits can see spirits. G fking G. Its so fking dumb.

Also The speed, Bruh dont even get me started. I have 128 dex, dex fighters have I think like 116. But they can stay right on me. And bc constitution and STG give more stamina per point then dex They have 360 stam and I only have 315. Its a meme.

Being a dex mage is nothing but a joke.

Eventide

Oct 15, 2022
The whole "MAGIC IS OP" thing is a meme on games lately. Constantly you get melee characters that get mad that magic exists and says how ridiculously OP it is just because it's ranged, yet they won't be mad at archers for being ranged. What happens here constantly is the extreme veterans of the game will have everything maxed out and only think of the game in that fashion. So if you mention ANYTHING about magic not being good they start going off about how once you have everything maxed out, have all the spells, etc you're insanely powerful.. Saying something is powerful only when you have it completely maxed out means it's not powerful. Like can magic on here be strong? Sure. The issue though is all the downsides to that power.. if you were to be a full mage on here that's 1000 skill points (10 primary skills) just to max them all. Then there's all the secondaries as well. What other playstyle requires that much point investment into JUST the damage side of things? That leaves us pure mages with 100 points left to try and invest into things like armor training, taming, blocking, etc. On top of this you have the stat issues.. str determines damage for both melee and ranged for some odd reason. So a fighter regardless of playstyle can switch to a bow and do good damage. Mages have to completely gimp their str in favor for maxing int AND psyche (otherwise you don't even have enough mana to kill one enemy sometimes..). This also means mages don't get nearly as much constitution and still want to try and get some dex in there..

To put things into perspective look at damage numbers from a melee.. they can easily do double or triple the damage of a spell in one hit.. they also didn't spend reagents or mana for it. They used up some stamina but that regens so easily it's insane. They also get to have a shield out, have defensive skills up, etc. The main damage dealing spell is Thunderlash and has a cost of like 50mp.. even with 100+ psyche you have just over 200 mana.. you get 4 casts before you're out.. Imagine a melee being able to only swing 4 times before they're like "HOLD UP I NEED A BREAK!"

Another thing about magic is if you look at MO1 the casting animations were far superior and even the actual projectiles were superior. Currently all we have for magic really is little balls of light while casting and little sparkles while actually using it.. and no projectiles whatsoever just pure hitscan.

Being a mage on here is nothing but a joke unless you have a group you play with. You CANNOT solo as a mage. You'll get instantly killed in 1-2 hits wherever you go whether it's PvE or PvP.. and even with PvE you can't fight more than one thing at a time.. and that one thing you better hope dies in 4 hits or less.. otherwise you have no mana left. Meanwhile you can constantly spam lesser heal for just 4mp and heal about 30hp.

None of this even really gets into the pure amount of time you need to gain new spells, train up skills, etc. The Vitalism and Mental Training skills are literally required for magic if you want to do anything decent. Like Mental Offense shouldn't even be a skill.. the full effect should just be part of the base kit or at least secondary. It isn't optional extra damage.. that quite literally IS your damage. The spells you have to hope drop randomly from bandit casters/healers. Then you have to either have scribing or know someone with scribing.. and hopefully it actually succeeds to scribe into your book and they don't run off with it (this needs changed to have a UI where they are lending you their skill and can set a price if they want, but don't actually get your book so there's no chance of theft). There's so much that goes into being a mage and honestly you get very little out of it aside from the support spells.. Healing, reviving, etc are all absolutely amazing.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I don't think anyone smokes like me, when I am smoking, so you can file some of my posts under that, other than that, I got 1800 (heh nopun!) posts, if you go thru the ones that aren't just trolls or teases, tell me where I am going wrong. Note there are also the people that come in like LOL THIS GUY IS TRYING TO TELL DEVS HOW TO MAKE A GAME LOLOL.

There are others. In my opinion, a lot of the more thoughtful people, who can look at things from the right perspective, just stopped posting because no one listened.

My suggestions differ in some ways because I consider how easy they would be to implement. I believe simple change then see what happens is the best way. For instance... add 2 slashing dmg to katana. See what happens. You know? A lot of ideas are interesting, but they seem like they would be v hard to implement or at least take awhile. I want to suggest things that could be changed easily.

There are bad suggestions, imagine being in a room trying to think of an advertising jingle, sometimes you just fall flat. It happens. I've read a lot of good suggestions and made some, too. Some are no brainer, like NAMING FOOD/FIXING RESERVE SYSTEM to make it matter.

It's also true that the vision is mostly unknown and subject to change. This is 10 years in, my dood. haha. You might separate Mo1 from Mo2, but I don't.

Plus sometimes you have to see something before you can know, like FREE PLACEMENT WALLS, AWESOME... and then... you see what happens. Sometimes failure in one aspect can allow you to assume, with high confidence, another aspect will be fail.

For instance, the game is leaning on TC atm. The canned response to a lot of 'we need this,' you can add it with TC! I still dunno if SV knows how to implement TC proper without making it a shit show, not just balance wise, but from a world perspective. When you have rows and rows of salvia farms, you're gonna be face palming, too.

Freedom is good. TC is not necessarily freedom. TC ruined MO1. I assume my ability to imagine something in action is not a superpower. I think it is something we all have. If you really THINK about a lot of this stuff, you can see the flaws. The first thing you should always ask is "What is the worst case, can it be prevented?"

Dat bunny hopping shieldmage vision. Sittin' at the tables w/ bone tissue vision.

yakno?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Double post: for instance, imagine if there was a flag you could put down that made an area OPEN PVP for everyone in it. It would have a count down so people could GET OUT and an alert so people could avoid. However, it would open up a lot of interesting options. It would stay, say, for a limited time or until it was destroyed. How would one get flags? Dono... keep owners get a couple per day? :eek: See, each subsequent suggestion I make has less merit because it is based on a suggestion, so I REALLY DUNNO. But the core idea is simple and game changing. I like things like that.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Like Mental Offense shouldn't even be a skill.. the full effect should just be part of the base kit or at least secondary. It isn't optional extra damage.. that quite literally IS your damage.
I dont agree with this.
The only reason being is FF have to have the weapon skill to get more damage from the weapon. Yes the damage bonus is where they get most of their damage. But they still have to spend 100 points to get extra damage. Its not much more either for the 100 points.
The Mental Offense gives us a 100% damage increase in magic. Not just ECU, Literally every offensive spell gets a buff from 100 points. Even Healing is effected by it. Its not like we need ECU Mental focus, Necro Mental focus, Spirtism Mental focus. Where foot fighters have to use 100points for each weapon type.
But I guess a better comparison would be aggressive stance. Because that is like our mental offensive. So It takes 100points from each to do more damage, And 100points for each weapon type/magic school. But you also are not forced to take aggressive stance to go do good damage Where as a mage that dose not have Mental Offense you would be shit as fuck with out it.
So if they buffed mental focus to reduce mana usage by 75% that would give every mage the ability to cast just one more fulm/FS
But on paper 75% sounds broken as fuck. But in reality it would only allow me to cast 5 flame strikes before I am low on mana, besides just 4 so that would not really help.

I really hate my one point
There is no skill/spell/attribute that allows mages to block physical damage. The only way is to fuck your self over and put on heavy armor. Also when enchanting comes out. Im positive there will be magic resist enchants, so if you have a psy fighter with enchantments he is un killable? But Im sure that will be seen as balanced in some way.
If there was some way mages could block/take less physical damage and actually have it be good. Unlike defensive stance that only reduces 3-5 damage. That is not worth 100 points. When u can have around 40 psy and reduce magic damage by 20, and your chances to resist so you only take 9 damage from an out burst and 19 damage on a fulm.
Perhaps There could be a dex mechanic that gives you % chance to "dodge" an attack.
But this would only be balanced if it was only available to mages. Given that they wont be weighed down by heavy armor.
Because if you have a dex fighter with his max speed, heavy armor and now the ability to dodge an attack that would be broken as fuck.
Maybe only make the doge effect take place if the person has less then 7kg of armor on?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like moongates and fast travel for example.

When is this vision starting? If we're talking MO1 vision, I'd go as far as to say the majority of derpy shit in the game is not. Haven is definitely not. Haven is by far the most egregious violation of SV vision, "never safe anywhere, no instances." RIPPP. 70 skill crafting is a violation of vision. Trinkets are a violation of vision, especially considering the community made them take out soul bound pick axes heh.

Shit if you wanna make it like any other MMO where you set an auto path and your char actually ghosts travels to the spot while you afk, that's cool, too. Home priest is fast travel. Horse mercy mode is a joke, 1800 hunger having no effect is a joke. Taming at 50 for all mounts is a joke. I need a vision outline.

Oh, the fact that mobs don't kill your horse is against the hardcore vision. No siege is against the vision (it p much already ruined the endgame.) I mean, the vision changed so much they aren't even calling it hardcore anymore. haha.

I dono wat a moongate is, but teleporting from priest to priest w/ a timer that is related to how long it would take you to path your char there is hardly a game or vision breaking mechanic. It certainly won't change the game any more than haven. I support crims off in town and in GY, but that's it. I mean, you can't even skill up on dummies anymore.

Sometimes, you have to remind yourself of how much they trashed the game, despite making it look and run better.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
lmao mages cant get distance because u run faster with a weapon out then you do with it sheathed. all the players playing melee DO NOT want that to change so as soon as you mention it anywhere discord/stream/here. they will group together to shoot it down. its simple that the skill giving melee more speed with weapon out needs to be removed. Casting time needs to be shortened damage needs to be reduced to compensate for the speed of casting increase. if you want a change you need to rally behind the removal of the skill that gives a fat ass oghmir in full plate the abillity to run faster with his weapon out then it being sheathed. the idea that you gain speed and ability to attack while mages hafto move slower and cant attack is absurd. the only dex mage that works is one race. if they really wanted to make the game more balanced they would remove the race clade trees and put it all into one to allow people to pick and choose from all of them,

Reactions: Fearce