MO2 Is stacked in favour of RPK

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The problem indeed lies in the fact that SV hasnt put forth any real PvP hotspots or content. I myself do not enjoy killing defenseless noobs in the graveyards since that really isnt challenging or good for the game in any shape or form. The game will always attract people who enjoy killing the tindremic guard vendor gear ppl, but for many that is the only way of attracting a larger group to come out and give larger fights.

There is plenty of "hotspots" the issue is most of the PKers that are out killing are lazy and dont want to go out hunting. There are fewer and fewer roaming mobs of PKers, most of them take the most direct route or stick to the roads from one town to another only to camp outside the towns graveyard. Where many of them have a house set up where they can play fk fk games in and out of the house and the guard zone of the town. Killing randoms and noobs, all the while calling it skilled pvp. It gets so boring I dont even bother fighting these fights seriously, I just go out shoot a few arrows or cast a few spells and turn around and go back into town and do what I was doing. Or ride around them and go hunting, usually when I come back in 2-3 hours they are long since bored and gone.

Reactions: Atom

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
use heavy horse armor. It seems like it's trash (but actually, side by side test on my lean veela I was leaving my friend in the dust, just due to speed fluctuations ((if you watch speed it moves around, I dunno if it 's hills or what.)) It slows you down, but it makes it so you're not BBQ as soon as someone gets on your mount. Basically stuff like incis/gf or whatever is gonna change your life. There was a time when horse speeds were more (when deserts were going like 1000+ in 3rd, basically 4th speed now speeds in 3rd) where light armor was more viable. Now I dunno w/ pop in and all. Plus, you're gonna die EVENTUALLY, it's about what you did before you died. How much money did you make, yknow, etc, completely remove yourself emotionally from dying, as long as your gameplay is progressing, the game is working as intended. The ganks that get you are getting other people and, thus, making your success worth more :)

I dont agree with this but I have done quite a bit of testing on the subject already and because this is one thing you cant put in a calculator yet, I am not sharing it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Its because the Fulmination magic effect is NOT right. on MO1 we knew when we get fulminate, it does an effect and noise. On MO2 u have to watch your HP Bar for Fulm Cooldown which is totally.... *&?*!@#.

You dont have your health bar where you can easily see it?

Reactions: Midkemma

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
There is plenty of "hotspots" the issue is most of the PKers that are out killing are lazy and dont want to go out hunting. There are fewer and fewer roaming mobs of PKers, most of them take the most direct route or stick to the roads from one town to another only to camp outside the towns graveyard. Where many of them have a house set up where they can play fk fk games in and out of the house and the guard zone of the town. Killing randoms and noobs, all the while calling it skilled pvp. It gets so boring I dont even bother fighting these fights seriously, I just go out shoot a few arrows or cast a few spells and turn around and go back into town and do what I was doing. Or ride around them and go hunting, usually when I come back in 2-3 hours they are long since bored and gone.
Almost like there is big oversights in game design wouldnt u agree? Again no point in "contesting" anything since you can farm for 2 hours to have enough competent gear sets for two weeks. The game releasing without proper housing functions, player priests and sieging is going to amount to shitty NPC town fights.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Again no point in "contesting" anything since you can farm for 2 hours to have enough competent gear sets for two weeks.

Bit of an exaggeration, but I ain't mad at that. I mean, might as well just wear that stuff when you could get zerged anyway. The people who are going all in and consider themselves elite players can wear the stuff that allows them an advantage and profit from it. Like I said in another thread, people going around in large groups farming are actually ruining their efficiency. Plus steel and even jade weps don't come so easy and you kinda need that to pvp. That's the one thing that requires more. Crep bows yea but what are you gonna do when you have to get on the ground.

If there were MORE mobs, it might lead to more small scale fights or 1v1 fights. Cuz eventually dudes are gonna take off their training wheels and realize farming alone makes a whole lot more sense.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Bit of an exaggeration, but I ain't mad at that. I mean, might as well just wear that stuff when you could get zerged anyway. The people who are going all in and consider themselves elite players can wear the stuff that allows them an advantage and profit from it. Like I said in another thread, people going around in large groups farming are actually ruining their efficiency. Plus steel and even jade weps don't come so easy and you kinda need that to pvp. That's the one thing that requires more. Crep bows yea but what are you gonna do when you have to get on the ground.

If there were MORE mobs, it might lead to more small scale fights or 1v1 fights. Cuz eventually dudes are gonna take off their training wheels and realize farming alone makes a whole lot more sense.
I agree that i exaggerated but my point stands. The yields in everything are just way too high. I spent a day in the jungle at the beginning of the alt servers and i am still living off the stuff i got from there. I pvp and lose sets daily. The yields need to be reduced to add real value to gear and make contesting farming spots WORTH it.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
I agree that i exaggerated but my point stands. The yields in everything are just way too high. I spent a day in the jungle at the beginning of the alt servers and i am still living off the stuff i got from there. I pvp and lose sets daily. The yields need to be reduced to add real value to gear and make contesting farming spots WORTH it.

I think we all like to exaggerate a little when making a point ^.^

If someone is happy with something like animal material armour then a short while can get you enough mats to last a while.
I feel that MO1 was basically the same though.

In MO1 I suggested to include offal in the carcasses to reduce the amount of other mats. Animals have guts... All those innards which are ignored.

Another issue with farming mobs is the unrealisim of a horse holding 3 razorbacks... Or 6 boars... WTF?
I get that a horse could hold a carcass when it was thrown on the back of the mount but to carry more than 1 large animal?
If the materials are balanced for the carcass size then they speed of gathering was overlooked.
So many people have begged for carts etc to partially help with this. Still waiting ain't we Henrik.... After how many years?

The AI is horrid so just boosting the mobs HP to make each carcass 'worth more' wouldn't work.
Butchery is fast to do so a single carcass would be like "Ka-Chop" and done.

Making the playstyle more than going out to kill a single mob and then coming back and butchering it... At some point it'll feel too tedious to do unless there are gains. So I get why we can at least kill a couple/few before going back to butcher.

Oh and add to this how simple and pathetic food/cooking is.
No trade-off like we at least get with rocks.
We butcher and get everything the animal offers...
How about extracting something like bone tissue for marrow so we have to choose if we want X or Y from this animal.
If we also think about how valued some organs were as food, things like Liver for the iron...
^^^^^^
I think that is how we get around just reducing the amount of mats. Make us choose more BT or more Something else. Like in extracting rocks.

I love playing a hunter but in MO I do admit that being a hunter is largely riding to a location then hold A while shooting. Collect lootbags and then ride back to do a few ka-chops and done.

I've wanted SV to add to hunting since day one of MO1. I've asked for mini-games during extracting to try and add PLAYER SKILL but SV seem to be going away from player skill in anything other than combat. Scribing now is less than MO1.

Sorry for the long post. One of the biggest reasons why I finally quit MO1.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Almost like there is big oversights in game design wouldnt u agree? Again no point in "contesting" anything since you can farm for 2 hours to have enough competent gear sets for two weeks. The game releasing without proper housing functions, player priests and sieging is going to amount to shitty NPC town fights.

I also think that maybe armor and weapons are too easy to make in this game. I get why but it kind of kills a lot of the economy and loot from pvp. Like okay why buy armor when you get just get a stack of material and craft your own armor sets for much cheaper and easier. And then you kill someone and you get some poop hide armor you can sell for like 5g total maybe. Not some some pvp games where armor and weapons are much rarer like in Albion online for example and you can sell it for something. No one really wears rare armor because it's just not worth it. Probably the main reason why being a tamer in pvp is harsh is because your opponent is risking like 4g worth of crap they have stacks of and you are raining like a 60g pet

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
I get why but it kind of kills a lot of the economy

I've heard quite a few players say that being a craftsman needs to be rethought.
Basically giving up on the idea of trying to make it as a Armour smith, Weapon smith or Bow maker. 50 silver enough to buy a a good enough bow and without management we have 15 slots... 7G50S WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I've heard quite a few players say that being a craftsman needs to be rethought.
Basically giving up on the idea of trying to make it as a Armour smith, Weapon smith or Bow maker. 50 silver enough to buy a a good enough bow and without management we have 15 slots... 7G50S WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah because it's way too easy to get max level armor crafting. Etc. And on top of that you really do not need to be maxed to make a decent armor set. Just makes it 100x easier to craft your own armor and weapons

Reactions: Midkemma

microphone113

Sep 11, 2022
Although I disagree with this, I have done a good deal of testing on the topic already and since this isn't something you can put in a vat calculator yet, I won't share it.

Last edited:

manure

May 7, 2022
Imagine deciding to play a PVP game and then complaining about PVP... 🙄

Mwuahahahahha
Exatcly !

Although its funny, this kind of Post is still dangerous.
There are plenty of stupid designers out there... who knows, maybe one of these bad game designers do read a Post like this and start having some nasty ideas to destroy this game...

Just like what happened in Meduli, remember ?
They added 173775838 guards all around Meduli (outside town) some months ago, just because some people were crying and posting crap Posts with ideas like this one... then, one amazing game designer had the spetacular idea of making Meduli safer than Haven, and we lost one town in the game (it became a safe area).
Jesus... there are guards patrolling INSIDE the graveyard... you can not go inside the graveyard and go gray there because you re gonna die by Lictor Guards.

This kind of Post is very dangerous to the game.
Pray for it not to be read by any designers.

Brings back old memories from Ultima Online's destruction.
Same thing...
Complaints about PKs always results in changes that will kill the game.

Please, read about the core of a game before playing it.

Its just like playing Chess and then start complaining about the Queens movement being unbalanced, over powered !
"Ohhh the queen has been killing my peons too easily... please change the rules. Make it so that the Queen can only move one square ahead"

Bah... screw it.
Go play the game and use your brains to avoid PKs

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Although I disagree with this, I have done a good deal of testing on the topic already and since this isn't something you can put in a vat calculator yet, I won't share it.

This was very true 5 months ago when I said that.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
PK's get all the advantages.

PROS:

They decide where the fight takes place.
They decide whether to initiate the fight.
They have the element of surprise (priceless)
They can use blue as a subterfuge.
If killed first they can return to the fight quickly (see first point)
If they get the kill they can escape with loot quickly or decide to leave loot altogether without loss.
Besides name/Guild there is no way to identify or tag a serial killer.

CONS:

Parcel runs to maintain blue/standing.

yeah the good guy is always at the initiative deficit. However, fool me once...

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Yes for sure, safe zones would risk turning the game into a permanent succes story like EVE Online or Albion.
Almost every town is a safe zone what are you on about? Tind is a gigantic safezone. I can walk from my house to the beach faster then i can walk across that city.

manure

May 7, 2022
Yes for sure, safe zones would risk turning the game into a permanent succes story like EVE Online or Albion.

Despite the sarcasm, the correct for PvP full loot games is :

- Inside town : relative safety
- Outside town - absolutely NO SAFE AREAS

Thats it.

Safe areas out of towns have no places in games like MO...

But back to the topic... the guy was asking for some kind of "warning" before getting attacked by pks...
This kind of "asking" only generates more safe areas (Its a fact... happened in almost all games like MO before).
Because the Devs cant think of a good way to do what people are really asking for , and they simply decide to make safe areas to please them somehow.

For example, look at what happened to Meduli... They destroyed it completely... you have guards out of town insta killing whoever goes gray. Even inside the cemetery... Screw it !

Thats why I said this kind of Post is dangerous