C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Please add:
you can't move your aim, shoot like an attack helicopter
if you hit a pet arrows will heal it
the only arrows vendor it's in the ocean south from jungle camp
the only material to make bows it's oghmium
if you equip a bow you become grey

This is in line with your balancing. Pretty sure you do everything for living but not game design lmao

Myta

Feb 25, 2022
Would you also say that arrows should ignore armor, not be projectiles and also have special arrows that can heal people you shoot?

Thats really silly.
Mage costs about 200 skillpoints more. needs a different stat thats pretty useless otherwise while the archery stat is also great for melee and the mage cant wear decent armor and the mage has a smaller range.
Unless all of this is also equalized, of course the mage must be able to do more than the archer.
And he should not be so much worse as a damage dealer as he is right now.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Wow, Look a MA trying to justify the meta cuz want play in easy mode.
You stupid or trolling? I want Mounter Archery balanced as much as you do but what you are proposing is just nonsense.
MA will get balanced, they are already working on it, stop with this childish posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Dramonis

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
This is tripe.

MA is just a means to start the engagement and force a fight. Without it people would be riding around freely and you would never be able to properly engage. Trying to kill someone on foot as an MA is horrible. If they have any sense at all they will utterly destroy your mount.

D

Deleted member 44

I really don't get this MA vs foot is OP thing. If you're not garbage at the game you should have no issue dismounting an MA that overcommits. Mages included.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
There is a realism argument here. How does one steer a horse or get it to change speeds while drawing and aiming a bow?
Talking about realism in MO it's pretty pointless but if we really wanna talk about that, it's not unrealistic: legs can be used to fully control a horse, speed and turns included. There are different techniques that can be used for this purpose, some developed in modernity to help disabled people enjoy equitation and others used in history by Mongolians and native american.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Talking about realism in MO it's pretty pointless but if we really wanna talk about that, it's not unrealistic: legs can be used to fully control a horse, speed and turns included. There are different techniques that can be used for this purpose, some developed in modernity to help disabled people enjoy equitation and others used in history by Mongolians and native american.
Dude I know. In the same convo we're talking about magic, so realism schmealism. I know that we have to factor in balance as well.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Dude I know. In the same convo we're talking about magic, so realism schmealism. I know that we have to factor in balance as well.
There is a realism argument here. How does one steer a horse or get it to change speeds while drawing and aiming a bow?
You made a question, i answer that question. If you already know the answer why making aforementioned question? :LOL:

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Would you also say that arrows should ignore armor, not be projectiles and also have special arrows that can heal people you shoot?

Everyone fails to mention that all of those spells have a max range of about 15 metres (compared to archers whose range is about 80m average). There's no way of knowing if a person is in range and if they aren't? Well, tough luck, you spend reagents and mana regardless. Boohoo, they do good damage if you're within 15m. Then what? invite any class to within 15m and you're dead meat, that's what.