Let red players (5 plus MCs) bounty hunt too.

Should players with 5 or more murder counts also be allowed to take bounty contracts.

• Yes

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Results

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no bounty hunting system

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They updated the test server today and we got the word that now that red players can not take the contracts.
People were somewhat happy before they heard it was changed to blue only.

I have major doubt that the under 5 MC blue players would even be able to do this content. And if they did they would mostly be able to target those over 5 MC casual players who are not criminals but flagged to help their guild or had a guild war in the past.

When both reds and blue can BH then you have wolves fighting the wolves. Instead now you will have only really the sheep players going out to give away gear to the wolves. The wolves if they could have bounty hunting would spend time bounty hunting instead of preying on sheep. It would be a PvP outlet. It would be content for all players .

The type of players that could do BH if reds could not do it would not be doing it. You are making content for people that will not do it. Its a complete waste of dev time that could have been used on TC or sieging.

BH went from something that people were happy for mostly with some concerns to really upsetting your players. Went from one of the few patchs people were happy for to another big let down.

Edit: A funny thing is that part of the reward is rep, for blue players...

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I dont agree that murderes should be able to bounty hunt.

Having said that, i also dont agree that the game should generate monetary reward for bounties out of thin air. Players should have to put up their own money when they place a bounty on other players, not the game.

Bounties should be something that is created by players to get their enemies killed (granted that the enemy has a minimum 5 mc). Then the bounty hunter collects whatever reward the first player put up as reward.

That way people cant just exploit the system just to farm gold/clades.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont agree that murderes should be able to bounty hunt.

Having said that, i also dont agree that the game should generate monetary reward for bounties out of thin air. Players should have to put up their own money when they place a bounty on other players, not the game.

Bounties should be something that is created by players to get their enemies killed (granted that the enemy has a minimum 5 mc). Then the bounty hunter collects whatever reward the first player put up as reward.

That way people cant just exploit the system just to farm gold/clades.
If in your system people with more then 5MCs cant hunt then I dont see who would be bounty hunting.

Its a better idea to make players pay for the bounty to stop inflation but I dont see players doing bounties already out side of shmerreks bounty which is too low to spend a bunch of time looking for him and then probably losing your loot to some one else killing you.

The point of the devs system seems more out of spite for red players. Then trying to make a fun system. But with a random system you can make it to where its not too abusable to have tracking tools and rewards.

Reactions: CrgHck and Tashka

foe

Oct 26, 2021
Red players should be able to bounty hunt 👍
Red bounty hunters reward should be loss in murder count.

Also there should be some subtle indication that your bounty hunter is near in the scenario that youre in a crowded town.
Only knowing who your bounty hunter is when they attack you is too harsh and crude.
When your "fight" starts out by a mage casting a fulm and by the time you react theyve Tlashed you it wont be enjoyable. Not to mention a thursar who starts your bounty hunting fight off with a nice 120% charged blunt weapon should be tons of fun.
A subtle audio indicator that plays (with a cooldown) when your bounty hunter is within a certain radius around you would be sufficient. A nametag that shows your bounty hunter would be a bit too strong and apparent.

Last edited:

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
i remember henrik talking about a parallel system of assassinations for red.
so no, no BH for reds : they'll have their stuff

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I wonder for the people voting no, are you guys going to or even be able to bounty hunt.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
IMHO the bounty hunter system is for people who are looking for trouble. Which are exactly not the blue "peaceful" players. So why don't give red players also the possibility to hunt a specific target inspead of only targeting random players?

Reactions: CrgHck and Tashka

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There should never ever be any sort of radar in a game like this, it is going to really suck when people start using the ravens to locate groups who are traveling through the world or farming, etc. It is like the wardec towers of MO1 x100 that everyone can have for 20s. So stupid.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
So, for red players it would be:

1 bounty hunt (+ 1 or two parcels on that way parallel) so he can gain 5 to 7 rep while killing one red player.

Dont think the intention of this system is to help red players farming rep to live a more effektiv red life.

I think its meant to divide pvp lovers in hunters vs red players.

That said i think a "counter system" where red players counter hunt ("assasinate"?) The top 100 bounty hunters would be fine.

Reactions: Moored

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
I'm blue and fully intend on hunting down murderous criminal scum. The price you pay for having 5+ murder counts is that you are put on the BH list. Reds are kinda missing out but thats fine, you will have pvp delivered to you.

I'm sure there will be issues. Hopefully it's not a buggy mess.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
IMHO the bounty hunter system is for people who are looking for trouble. Which are exactly not the blue "peaceful" players. So why don't give red players also the possibility to hunt a specific target inspead of only targeting random players?
Speak for yourself, I'm blue and bloodthirsty as fuck.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There should never ever be any sort of radar in a game like this, it is going to really suck when people start using the ravens to locate groups who are traveling through the world or farming, etc. It is like the wardec towers of MO1 x100 that everyone can have for 20s. So stupid.
yeah kinda agree, I will be using a blue alt to get contracts I like and then just using it to find people or track them for my red.

But I think that they are not giving gold though. Just tokens for non gold so its a ok gold sink.

The system had issues but you at least it provided content to people.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I'm blue and fully intend on hunting down murderous criminal scum. The price you pay for having 5+ murder counts is that you are put on the BH list. Reds are kinda missing out but thats fine, you will have pvp delivered to you.

I'm sure there will be issues. Hopefully it's not a buggy mess.
Pressing X to doubt, hope this was sarcasm.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
People act like if you have under 5 MC you are some sort of carebear baby who hates PvP... Mate not everyone plays all day and just murders every noob they see on sight... It's not hard at all to stay under 5 MC