It's not just "pixels" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Jul 18, 2020
All time put into a video game is waste time.
Mortal is not a linear progression game, time does not equal forward progression of character or material acquisition.

Don't let personal ego or "rights" blind you from reality.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
All time put into a video game is waste time.
Mortal is not a linear progression game, time does not equal forward progression of character or material acquisition.

Don't let personal ego or "rights" blind you from reality.
I work hard enough to allow me time to waste. It's probably a sin to waste any time at all but it's all yin and yang, really.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yes, it is indeed entitlement, and I am entitled to spend my own time as I wish. You have no right to tell me how to spend it and you definitely don't have the right to take it without my consent.
5d5.jpg

Reactions: Tzone

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I have a couple of issues here:
Firstly, the meme itself is a personal incredulity foul.
Secondly, where is the rulebook? This meme in particular is nonsensical to the argument being made.
Thirdly, the suggested foul doesn't exist because there was no claim that the other player was wrong. In fact, it actually concurred with the statement.
Fourthly, (jeez, it's not often you get to a fourthly) I think the ref needs to be investigated for uneven application of the rules (rulebook?). Possible match fixing? Game rigging?

Reactions: The Khan

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I have a couple of issues here:
Firstly, the meme itself is a personal incredulity foul.
Secondly, where is the rulebook? This meme in particular is nonsensical to the argument being made.
Thirdly, the suggested foul doesn't exist because there was no claim that the other player was wrong. In fact, it actually concurred with the statement.
Fourthly, (jeez, it's not often you get to a fourthly) I think the ref needs to be investigated for uneven application of the rules (rulebook?). Possible match fixing? Game rigging?
image1.jpg

Reactions: Tzone

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yes, it is indeed entitlement, and I am entitled to spend my own time as I wish. You have no right to tell me how to spend it and you definitely don't have the right to take it without my consent.
You consented to getting slammed and losing your shit when you logged into MO2.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
You consented to getting slammed and losing your shit when you logged into MO2.
Yeah. But the point was that you don't get the same time penalty for slamming people and taking their shit.
Maybe I got it wrong. Blue players are the criminals and grey players are playing by the rules.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
almost, both are playing by the rules.
You disagree with the rules which is fair, I just hope devs wont listen to ya :D
Tbh, I'd prefer it if there was zero alignment at this point. No criminals. Everyone is grey and let the players decide what to police.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
...It's time.

Pixels are a token that represent real time spent in game. And time does have a quantifiable value. Employers pay by the hour, for example.

We choose to use our spare time playing a game. We could use that time to earn money but we instead accept the trade of time for pleasure.

So when someone says "it's just pixels" remind yourself that it isn't. It's the most valuable commodity that you'll ever own: time. It's finite and it's irreplaceable. You have a right to demand the highest value for it. Don't let anyone short-change you for your time by saying "it's just pixels".
I am not agree, for me it's Just a game made of pixels. You play It for fun whatever Is your playstile doesnt matter. Smile and have fun. Real Life Is outside this.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
MO is like a gamble.
We gamble each time we go out.
When we 'win' then it feels good; when we 'lose' we feel bad.

I don't gamble what I can't afford.

Maybe that is something that some people could do with truly comprehending?

Gambling can be fun... When you manage it and do not let it control you.
MO can be fun... When you manage it and don't let it control you.

Oh and I also kinda agree with the demand side.
We all have the right to demand stuff for our input... It is also the right of the other side to not consent and give in to demands they feel are unjust/ unworthy/ etc.
Like a job... Go demand $1000 an hour. You got the 'right' to... And the employer has the 'right' to show you the door.

Consequences for actions.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Lol what a poor attitude. Accept whatever is given to you. Don't resist. Don't try to improve your wages or life. This is the mindset of a low wagie

There is a difference between demanding and asking or requesting. Demanding implies you have power in the situation and asserts you as the dominant one even though often times you are not. Asking or requesting is showing you are not in power in the situation and thus taking a more submissive and less aggressive role in the situation.

I challenge you to join the military and demand your 1SGT to do something for you as a E-2 Private. I can already tell you how that will end... Or a less military way... Go to your local grocery store and demand they get you something they dont carry in stock normally. Yeah that wont work either.

Or go to your local police department and demand they do something they dont normally do... yeah dont see that working either.

But if you go to each of those situations and ask... you may find the outcome far more favorable.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
There is a difference between demanding and asking or requesting. Demanding implies you have power in the situation and asserts you as the dominant one even though often times you are not. Asking or requesting is showing you are not in power in the situation and thus taking a more submissive and less aggressive role in the situation.

I challenge you to join the military and demand your 1SGT to do something for you as a E-2 Private. I can already tell you how that will end... Or a less military way... Go to your local grocery store and demand they get you something they dont carry in stock normally. Yeah that wont work either.

Or go to your local police department and demand they do something they dont normally do... yeah dont see that working either.

But if you go to each of those situations and ask... you may find the outcome far more favorable.

Jee can't imagine anyone asking the police to do something 🤔

Reactions: Atom

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Like the carebear anti PvP griefers are the most toxic and egotistical of any type of person that waste your time.

Some blue berry comes and dies to you repeatedly to greif you with murder counts or greifers your farm by kill stealing is far the worse experience I had in video gaming. Dont have to worry about that to much in MO2 and is the reason I got in to the game.

Back in early western release of BDO it was great because carebears could not greif you that hard and most players would either accept the duel for spot to avoid wasting time greifing each other or they would ask you to wait for their exp boost to end which most people agreed too.

But the carebears are just so toxicly entitled and the worse people to share a game with. IDK how people play games where its no open world PvP and the players just kill steal from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.