Persistence now

• Yes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
I think, with the delay of release, SV should implement psuedo persistence into the game. At this point the combat alpha needs to be expanded

Something like this:

1) Remove all of the gear/gold from crates.

2) Remove high end materials from vendor(everything but flake/bone)

3) make items on vendor cost gold

4) Gold/silver is obtained from selling springbok corpse

This would make gear valuable. Give people something to really fight over. End the dueling meta so real organic combat can be tested. Organized 5v5s and not stop duels are NOT combat testing.

It'd be a lot more interesting than just logging into fab for endless 1v1s.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Vote yes for better MO2 combat alpha content. NOthing feels sweeter than taking a boys hard earned loot. If its worthless it means nothing to kill someone.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
First, I said in my post that the basic tier like bone + flake should be on the vendor for gold and silver. So that strawman you built was already accounted for.

Second, Its already worth it to kill miners/refiners. I do that regularly and I've collected a few thousand calx, calx powder, and other good from it already.

Third, it is not "griefing" to kill people who are out in the world PvEing. I'll kill anyone I see mining calx, granum, or tephra. Every time.

Fourth, its the combat alpha. This isn't the PvE alpha. Its the COMBAT ALPHA.

Fifth, it doesnt matter if you're semi afk or completely active. Im gona chop you up regardless.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I support the idea of slowly adding in more incentives to fight in realistic scenarios, but I don't support the wording of the poll which is to essentially move people to building and losing equipment now. The systems right now don't sufficiently support building out a replacable set of gear (so dying would be inordinately painful). Honestly I think they should be spawning us with a wider variety of gear so that more combos are tested rather than just always heavy armor and 2-handers.

Once all crafting is fully in and the player auction house, then yes.

Zerotrigger

Nov 30, 2020
I think once they add in Aggressive AI we can start transitioning towards this idea, but right now there isn't enough to do to support the current game cycles.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
When the combat is fully tested along with magic, mounteds, then by all means feel free to petition this idea.

But right now it just doesn't really make sense. Having the ease of access to test shit in PvP is nice especially when this is meant to be forming the combat (yet we're getting a lot more with it at the same time)

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I do agree that they could be moving more towards this now.

The combat alpha is over. And even the initial beta was supposed to end this month.

So the idea of moving on to test in a closer to persistence way does have validity.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I think for testing various things they should keep it the way it is.

They can play around with what is available where, but in the end we are here to find bugs and see if mechanics work.

I agree with the sentiment that organized fights are terrible. My suggestions is that you change your name and start killing people in town. Very soon you can test being hunted and 1vX. It´s fun.

You can do the same with 2-4 people. Anything above that would probably overwhelm anything the "militia" could muster.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
None of this matters until they fix the server. Too many people aren't playing because of it. I logged in twice on the weekend with only 1 other person online once and 5-6 the other time and after ten minutes the game was running so badly that it wasn't fun. No one else was fighting when I logged in either.

Yenii

Nov 29, 2020
First, I said in my post that the basic tier like bone + flake should be on the vendor for gold and silver. So that strawman you built was already accounted for.

Second, Its already worth it to kill miners/refiners. I do that regularly and I've collected a few thousand calx, calx powder, and other good from it already.

Third, it is not "griefing" to kill people who are out in the world PvEing. I'll kill anyone I see mining calx, granum, or tephra. Every time.

Fourth, its the combat alpha. This isn't the PvE alpha. Its the COMBAT ALPHA.

Fifth, it doesnt matter if you're semi afk or completely active. Im gona chop you up regardless.
You just contradicted yourself. It's a combat alpha, so why would we have to craft our own armour and weapons to test the combat.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
they need to figure out the basic melee of the combat system now. what now exists, many new players do not like it and only a few people will like it. if we want a lot of people in the game and the world to be alive, they need to rework the battle. that now it's a crutch ...

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I think the only reason someone would want this to happen at the moment is the one you explicitly gave already, which is that you want to be able to kill people and take the things they have collected already because you enjoy causing misery.

This is not time for that yet, it's still time for testing all the systems and finding bugs.

All that you will accomplish from a change like this is people not wanting to fight anymore because they don't want to have to collect their stuff again, especially metals as we don't have any pack mules to haul multiple stacks of ore.

This would massively slow down the rate of testing and consequently the rate of bug reports.

Just wait until the persistent release to put on your griefer hat.

Reactions: Meridian

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think it would be wise to do this before 'release' on steam. Otherwise they will be testing after the fact on how players are actually going to be playing the game as it is designed. Which could bring up a bunch of new issues that do not come up in the more controlled setup.

From the way it was looking before the extension ,this type of testing was not looking like it was going to happen. Now with the extra time they should be able to do this type of testing as well at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn and you

you

Nov 30, 2020
I think it would be wise to do this before 'release' on steam. Otherwise they will be testing after the fact on how players are actually going to be playing the game as it is designed. Which could bring up a bunch of new issues that do not come up in the more controlled setup.

From the way it was looking before the extension ,this type of testing was not looking like it was going to happen. Now with the extra time they should be able to do this type of testing as well at some point.
I agree, i think they should definitely consider testing on the player base they can already create in a closed environment, before releasing it for the public, even if it means wiping again.

Problem is though that when another wipe is promised i doubt people will be playing, and if they didn't wipe, it would be considered an unfair head start i guess.

Either way, i don't think it's a priority as of right now, i think the devs should spend their time where it's important.. actually developing the game, until there is a release they deem worthy of such testing, then maybe they should consider it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amadman

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
We are in the testing phase of MO2 not in any kind of playable state! So definitely no, persistence would be a bad idea.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

I´m sorry, this can´t be done. As you can see in @Valoran argument above wanting persistence makes you a griefer.

Especially once we have mounts they could go with a months of persistence. Maybe with increased gathering rates. In terms of metal I was actually doing alright. Calx is difficult currently but all the cuprum stuff you can do without a mount easily.