Persistence now

• Yes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I think it would be wise to do this before 'release' on steam. Otherwise they will be testing after the fact on how players are actually going to be playing the game as it is designed. Which could bring up a bunch of new issues that do not come up in the more controlled setup.

From the way it was looking before the extension ,this type of testing was not looking like it was going to happen. Now with the extra time they should be able to do this type of testing as well at some point.
I think we will have this opportunity likely shortly before the live release. I doubt we'll go from testing mode immediately to persistent release, all the testing things like the material supplier and keeping the starting armor on death will probably be removed in the last couple weeks to see how it all plays out.

It's just right now it doesn't make any sense to me to force people to play as if they'll be able to keep the things they spend hours collecting, when it's all going to be deleted. I really think switching over too early would just plummet the activity and speed of testing.