Improvement priority

What should SV Prioritise

• Total voters

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Among the consistent testing player base its not that bad. There are a couple bad apples, but people know who they are and there hasnt been a wave since eac announcement. Eac will deal with most of what happens

among core testers the issue is aggressive bug testing, but things really bad like being underwater or mass MC were put down quickly.

people who go to far are almost always punished or immediately spoken to

what was insane was the amount of unfair play in the stress test cohort. that was a real taste of what the game would be like on release without anti cheat

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
A better question might be, will all the people screaming hax stop making accusations once anti cheat is in game? Based on "evidence" videos i see posted constantly, I doubt it because those people aren't using a program, the problems are in the game itself.

"Hacks" is being used too broadly as a catch all term to include the fairly rare use of actual hacks, and the exceptionally common use of exploits in PvP. Though the term "cheats" I feel is used fairly appropriately in this context as exploiting is a form of cheating.

And yeah, people can and should continue to report exploiters until:

A. SV clarifies what is and isn't allowed to make the playing field level for everyone.
B. They all get banned as exploiters usually are.

Personally when you see things like people running on the bottom of the water and shooting a bow, swimming off the edge of the map in order to go under and teleport back up using the stuck command, or abusing heal mechanics to get invincibility mode multiple times in a single fight. It would seem to me such people should catch a ban. And that's the kind of exploits most evidence videos I've seen feature.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Interesting that Kaemik wants the guy who got forced off the map by 20 people banned, but has nothing to say about how some of those 20 managed to home priest and rez at the priest with full kits.

Wanting people banned for bugs in a beta is ultra cringe. Home priest abuse is an exploit in my book. get em out lmao

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Good Post. In general, I think priorities should look something like this:

1) Exploits, Cheats & Bug Fixes
2) Implement minimally viable versions of all remaining game systems and mechanics intended for launch
3) Add minimally viable content for initial release
4) Balance
Could not have said it any better

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Interesting that Kaemik wants the guy who got forced off the map by 20 people banned, but has nothing to say about how some of those 20 managed to home priest and rez at the priest with full kits.

Wanting people banned for bugs in a beta is ultra cringe. Home priest abuse is an exploit in my book. get em out lmao

Same predictable clown that comes to every thread to run WIGs propaganda. I'm not speaking of any isolated incident. Darn near every member of your alliance swam off the map every time they were losing for weeks. I didn't see a guild with you guys that didn't swim for the edge the moment the fight wasn't going their way. That's not wanting people "banned for bugs" that's wanting people banned for chronic and intentional exploiting. And the only thing "cringe" here is you and the fact you're trying to defend it.

If anyone in our alliance was spawning at a priest in full gear intentionally the way you guys swam under the map multiple times a day they should be banned too. 100% sure it wasn't me doing it and I'm fairly sure it wasn't anyone under my command.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finnley and Silenko

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
very easy:

- world improvement: world needs more mobs, even a fraction fo the variety that was in MO1. very good for the longevity of the game as well

- exploit/cheat detection: the anticheat needs to be improved. not only to detect cheater, but to better filter fase positives. up to a while ago, if you had malware in your pc you could (and would) get banned while playing normally.

- trading/auction house: self explanatory, given the crafting limitations of 1 character slot

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
A better question might be, will all the people screaming hax stop making accusations once anti cheat is in game? Based on "evidence" videos i see posted constantly, I doubt it because those people aren't using a program, the problems are in the game itself.
You sound like you have the same problem where you don't understand that exploiting game mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage in pvp is a form of cheating also. No, not everything is outright hacking that much should be obvious. It should also be obvious that exploiting bugs to make yourself unkillable is not fair play or healthy for the game.

Reactions: Kaemik

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You sound like you have the same problem where you don't understand that exploiting game mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage in pvp is a form of cheating also. No, not everything is outright hacking that much should be obvious. It should also be obvious that exploiting bugs to make yourself unkillable is not fair play or healthy for the game.
I am against exploiting, 100%.
A LOT of the video evidence posted to prove cheating was either the game stuttering or people just not being very good or knowing how to play. That is what I am talking about. It was rampant in MO1, anyone who played well was constantly accused of cheating, I just don't want it to be that way again.

Reactions: cerqo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I am against exploiting, 100%.
A LOT of the video evidence posted to prove cheating was either the game stuttering or people just not being very good or knowing how to play. That is what I am talking about. It was rampant in MO1, anyone who played well was constantly accused of cheating, I just don't want it to be that way again.
You say a lot of the evidence was bogus?

I would say a lot of the evidence was undeniable.

too bad SV doesn’t allow you to share it.

As for MO 1 it was a client sided game.

Talking about skilled players in MO 1 client sided jank online would be like talking about skilled players in a cs 1.6 server lmao.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
But yeah client sided games no one cheats in them -Cerqo circa 2021

Hahahha imagine twisting my words like that. You really are as fucking dumb as you were in MO1 aren't you? Also I like the 1.6 comment, HAHAHA i guess the whole pro scene in CS 1.6 wasn't actual skill just luck.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hahahha imagine twisting my words like that. You really are as fucking dumb as you were in MO1 aren't you? Also I like the 1.6 comment, HAHAHA i guess the whole pro scene in CS 1.6 wasn't actual skill just luck.
in 2021? When it hasn't been supported for how many years.

Yeah its a good analog for MO 1 TODAY.

BRO HAVE YOU SEEN XKILLAX ON 24/7 DUST HES SICK. Thats you.

I know you like to hurl insults like the rest of your ilk, but forgive me for asking for clarification on what point you were trying to make on cheating being in people's heads in client sided games.

What you quoted above to me is the jist of what you were saying really.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
in 2021? When it hasn't been supported for how many years.

Yeah its a good analog for MO 1 TODAY.

BRO HAVE YOU SEEN XKILLAX ON 24/7 DUST HES SICK. Thats you.

No one plays cs 1.6 anymore what the fuck are you even talking about. Trying to brush off the whole cs 1.6 pro scene though just shows how fucking deranged you are.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
No one plays cs 1.6 anymore what the fuck are you even talking about. Trying to brush off the whole cs 1.6 pro scene though just shows how fucking deranged you are.
wow you really must be dumb man, because you clearly didn't understand what was written

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You say a lot of the evidence was bogus?

I would say a lot of the evidence was undeniable.

too bad SV doesn’t allow you to share it.

As for MO 1 it was a client sided game.

Talking about skilled players in MO 1 client sided jank online would be like talking about skilled players in a cs 1.6 server lmao.
There were videos being posted daily in the discord for awhile, most of them were NOT of someone cheating. Maybe there were plenty of others circulating that were of haxs, I don't know. I am not here to defend anyone who was individually accused either.
I know nothing of cs, but I do know that playing well in MO was NO indication that someone was cheating, even if plenty of people had the default attitude that if someone was better than them, that person obviously HAD to be cheating. That attitude is what I want to keep out of MO2.

Reactions: ElPerro

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
wow you really must be dumb man, because you clearly didn't understand what was written

Hahaha " Talking about skilled players in MO 1 client sided jank online would be like talking about skilled players in a cs 1.6 server lmao. "

How else is one supposed to understand that other than you saying that there cant be skilled players in 1.6. Sorry I'm not psychic and don't know what goes on in your peanut brain, maybe you should figure that out the next time you post. Implying that being a pro player in cs 1.6 didn't mean anything and wasn't an achievement is very laughable, probably where your whole attitude stems from TBH when it comes to MO.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Nononono and just another no.
Hate it as much as you want but just no exploiting is not hacking nor cheating in any shape or form.
Exploiting is abusing bad game mechanics to your own advantage. Nothing more nothing less. Dont try to change words meaning.

Cheating and Hacking are on a whole different level and why normally you ban people for Cheating/Hacking but not for abusing game mechanics aka Exploiting.
Now I dislike all 3 as much as any other legal player but I can still see the giant differences between those 2 and the last 1.

Hacking/Cheating is always 100% the players own fault, but exploits is always 100% the developers fault.

Reactions: Zequron

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hahaha " Talking about skilled players in MO 1 client sided jank online would be like talking about skilled players in a cs 1.6 server lmao. "

How else is one supposed to understand that other than you saying that there cant be skilled players in 1.6. Sorry I'm not psychic and don't know what goes on in your peanut brain, maybe you should figure that out the next time you post. Implying that being a pro player in cs 1.6 didn't mean anything and wasn't an achievement is very laughable, probably where your whole attitude stems from TBH when it comes to MO.
I didn't make any comments on the pro 1.6 scene.

I meant going in to a dust2 1.6 server TODAY and commenting on someones skill would be silly.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Nononono and just another no.
Hate it as much as you want but just no exploiting is not hacking nor cheating in any shape or form.
Exploiting is abusing bad game mechanics to your own advantage. Nothing more nothing less. Dont try to change words meaning.

Cheating and Hacking are on a whole different level and why normally you ban people for Cheating/Hacking but not for abusing game mechanics aka Exploiting.
Now I dislike all 3 as much as any other legal player but I can still see the giant differences between those 2 and the last 1.

Hacking/Cheating is always 100% the players own fault, but exploits is always 100% the developers fault.
1621193540528.png

Those gosh darn developers, using their hax to take control of your mouse and keyboard and forcing your character to abuse the game.

• Wow
Reactions: ThaBadMan

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
View attachment 1832

Those gosh darn developers, using their hax to take control of your mouse and keyboard and forcing your character to abuse the game.
If a developer does his job and make a mechanic without bugs, how can players abuse them ?
And no im not saying developers shouldnt be able to make mistakes, I am saying they should be able to fix said mistake within reasonable time. So the higher severity the quicker the fix should arrive.
And yes developers should be able to fix bugs within a very short amount of time, its their job after all.

In the case of MO and MO2. If a game breking bug stays for years not months then who elses fault is it that the bug is being abused then the developers whos responsibility is to fix it ?