Improvement priority

What should SV Prioritise

• Total voters

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
If a developer does his job and make a mechanic without bugs, how can players abuse them ?
And no im not saying developers shouldnt be able to make mistakes, I am saying they should be able to fix said mistake within reasonable time. So the higher severity the quicker the fix should arrive.
And yes developers should be able to fix bugs within a very short amount of time, its their job after all.

In the case of MO and MO2. If a game breking bug stays for years not months then who elses fault is it that the bug is being abused then the developers whos responsibility is to fix it ?
Product manager. He decides what the developers work on, what tickets get into the sprint. I don't know who that is in SV. They may even have multiple.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Nononono and just another no.
Hate it as much as you want but just no exploiting is not hacking nor cheating in any shape or form.
Exploiting is abusing bad game mechanics to your own advantage. Nothing more nothing less. Dont try to change words meaning.

Actually exploiting is considered cheating and bannable in most every game ever. You do realize duping is generally done through exploiting bugs in the game and not hacking right? Yet most dupers usually catch a ban if caught. That's because exploiting is not usually allowed. And it's insane to pretend that it is as prettymuch everyone whose ever played an online game knows how wrong you are on this.

Either way, I'm fine with exploiting being fully allowed IF Starvault comes out and clarifies that stance. Most reasonable people assume a developers default stance that exploiting is bannable and therefore don't do it. Just like I haven't seen them come out and state we're not allowed to sell gold for IRL cash but I'm not going to do it because the default stance in most games is that it's bannable. There are games I have traded gold in though because the developers came out and explicitly stated they would not be banning for doing so. So if they're going to allow exploiting they should say so as that is an incredibly uncommon stance that deserves clarification.

I don't care what the playing field is like as long as it's level. Either we can exploit or we can't, everyone deserves to know that. @Starvault really needs to speak up on this subject.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I would say add in the rest of the skills, after that filling out the rest of the world with PvE or interesting things.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If a developer does his job and make a mechanic without bugs, how can players abuse them ?
And no im not saying developers shouldnt be able to make mistakes, I am saying they should be able to fix said mistake within reasonable time. So the higher severity the quicker the fix should arrive.
And yes developers should be able to fix bugs within a very short amount of time, its their job after all.

In the case of MO and MO2. If a game breking bug stays for years not months then who elses fault is it that the bug is being abused then the developers whos responsibility is to fix it ?
I wonder if the game will just ban itself with the new anti cheat. Since the game itself is a hack.