I tried to enjoy MO2 REALLY HARD, but I failed...

Biaxil

Aug 28, 2021
I hear this all the time from guild players, BUT may I remind you all that many many many people that play in guilds get so sick of the politics and in house 'problems' they either leave the game or just sit around doing solo play and/or casual 'looking for group' play. Anyone who has played MMO's for any length of time knows this. The reality of guild play is again far from the delusional 'dream' of every wannabe guild leader. Guild play can be hell on earth and everyone knows this. In MO2 and according to you and many others like you, what alternative is there if your not happy with guild play but to leave the game.

The idea that an mmo player base can be split between group and solo players is so flawed it is ridiculous. Guild players often do content alone and solo players need to and often enjoy some group content. There is no real pure solo player and/or pure group player per se. Yes there are those that prefer to not join guilds and stay free and there are those that prefer to belong to a group/guild (usually for a time) - BUT this does not mean they dont do a bit of the other, pretty much every player does BOTH.

I asked Henrik if they were going to add a casual invite to group function with a group chat, his reply was that this is not something that will feature. I wanted to explain to him that IMO, in denying this feature MASSIVE amounts of fun content and inclusivity that would occur with the ability to form a casual group by invite, will now not occur.

Anyway it is what it is and it will be what it will be. I keep my fingers crossed that the vision of Starvault is beyond my imagination and when persistence comes the additional content they have in mind to implement or soon after, will have me saying, 'They were right all along they were right all along my bad.' I really do, but im dubious to say the least that this will be the case.

Yea, i'm shocked that a group function doesn't exist in this game. It's a core function of any mmorpg.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I think this captures it well. Travel is a time sink, and it's intended to be, to keep the game regional and add immersion (you can't be everywhere at once, so you have to rely more on others).

I will say I have been experimenting with spirit portals, and I think they offer a neat half-step for people who want to specialize in that way. Ie, if you are a spiritist and your friends want to prioritize working with you/taking advantage of that and just take Ether Lore/Portals, then let's say your guild says "We are in the Steppes and need support" or "We are going to ride out to this dungeon and want more party members", as long as they carry an extra set of basic gear in their pet bags, you can be in Tindrem, grab a spirit box, all your friends bank everything, you all jump in the portal, ghost mode to where they are (including using the spiritism speed boost), create an ether portal and all jump out.

Or alternately, if you're the spiritist, tell your friends with Ether Lore to suicide, run to you, you'll make a portal (or even Rez if they don't have ether lore) and they pop out, then give them the gear.

Kind of clunky, but also in theme and allows for sidestepping the slowness of travel a bit in a creative way.

Yes indeed and people need to know that if you press priest you auto teleport to the NEAREST priest - so travelling the ether all you need to do is press priest when the red beam is nearest to you and you auto teleport to that city... effectively you jump city to city to get to nearer or where you want to be. Less ghost travel and in essence fast travel.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Yea, i'm shocked that a group function doesn't exist in this game. It's a core function of any mmorpg.
I like the lack of "interface" stuff like grouping. Makes the group making organic and limitless. Also it highlights that I really need to trust my group. Having a group function could protect me, but that wouldn't be Mortal. 😁

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Henrik did mention that they were looking into some sort of group support. I think the details is what they need to consider. Is it only for grouping up as to limit accidental criminal statuses? Will it say which direction a member is in? Anything about their status? I'm assuming just the first would be a great thing to have. Since this being applied only to guilds is good and all, but when you have multiple guilds working together or you are a group consisting of non-guilded and guilded the guild system is not really enough.

Gravballe

May 28, 2020
I have bought the game and had acces. I don't see mo2 succes where mo1 failed. The world needs way more pve content to keep casual players in game aswell. The game needs a good population of both people who just do pve and the pvp players. More dungeons, more poi, some of the missing professions. When that is in place start focusing on the pvp part of the game.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I have bought the game and had acces. I don't see mo2 succes where mo1 failed. The world needs way more pve content to keep casual players in game aswell. The game needs a good population of both people who just do pve and the pvp players. More dungeons, more poi, some of the missing professions. When that is in place start focusing on the pvp part of the game.

Good thing PvE and dungeons is their #1 priority right now up until release in January.

FinalGirlSid

Sep 23, 2021
OP said "This game is real paradise for mentally challenged sick people who are one big nothing IRL"

OK I think you need to think this over. I was a solo player in MO 1 for 3 years. I never joined a guild. People think you can't play this game as a solo player but they are wrong. What I found holding a lot of players back was not skill caps or not being in a guild or not any of the grief/gankers.
What I learned in my study was that a lot of people failed because of their own lack of creativity and strategy. When I played I got all into it. I learned the playing pattern of several well known groups. I learned who I could buy from and what I could buy and where was the best place to buy and the best times to buy.

I learned what thieves were known at what towns, I even went as far as learning to play/online time certain players and groups were online and offline. This made planning and putting the plans into successful results a lot easier to have a more enjoyable play style and be fruitful in the game. I did everything from going to pick fruit by myself to going in the minotaur caves and looting the poor adventurer that would be killed. Poor adventurer would die and I would be hiding in there and get all their loot. That is all part of the game just like me getting killed by a group of 10 players.

I don't care what anyone says, no other games other than full loot can create the rush and excitement of finding a rare very expensive item on a corpse and then trying to get it back and bank it safely. Same with getting other expensive items in other ways. You are never safe so there is a good chance I would be killed before reaching the safety of my bank but I was perfectly happy with that because it was to fun and to exciting not to enjoy it.
Being a ninja was a play style. I could hide in the bushes where there was a group battle happening. More than one time I laughed my ass off and the dead players came back to get their items but guess what? Their items were in my inventory! I could get items from 4 or 5 players who were killed then be back in a hiding spot by the time they returned. Them looking around like WTH was priceless.

Sure I died all the time but I knew it was all part of the game and sometimes, yes sometimes I was the one hitting the game winning shot when the buzzer sounded.

I do want to add the following suggestions that could be an option to help keep players around. In the tutorial, have a simulated scene where the player has to collect items then have them get killed and explained to that their items are now looted and they lost them. Have them really understand that this is part of the game.

One other thing that SV could do is (and I know this would be very controversial) is to add some sort of bonus to solo players. Have a paragraph of text explaining the benefits of being in a guild vs the bonus of playing solo. Once the player is in a guild they lose any/all bonus. I have not determined what a suitable bonus would be but it could be something that would give players wanting to play a solo style more incentive to stay. I mean after all being in a guild is kind of a bonus all in itself. Thanks and I hope this is helpful to people on the fence about trying the game.

Reactions: Najwalaylah