Hybrid online.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If mounts are weak, as I hope that they will be, and if MC damage can be parried as in MO1, the only reason for a European to roll a foot fighter over a hybrid will be damage bonus/strength and I think it will be very attractive for them to choose speed over damage since they can parry so effectively. Therefore, I think that there may be many melee/bow/magic hybrids.
With most people only having 1 character, I also think that we will see a lot of people foregoing some of the skills that most characters had in MO1. Aggressive stance, for instance, in order to take archery and/or magic skill.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
A melee/bow/magic hybrid will certainly be possible but that's a build spread exceptionally thin both in terms of attributes and skillpoints. It would be very mediocre at all three roles and quite reliant upon the player's skill to make up for that fact. Archery can be picked up for 100 skillpoints as something somewhat viable but melee and magic both require a more heavy investment to be any good.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I do think magic is overrepresented compared to what it will be in persistence because of this. It's also overrepresented because its new and everyone wants to try it. I'm hearing a lot of outcry about how bad it is too though. With one account I think A LOT of people will lose magic from their build.

But the point he's making is it's the ease of switching between melee and magic that will make hybrids more prevalent. Which is a solid point if perhaps overstated.
exactly. It was the same when they releases magic schools like necro, spiritism, elem in mo1. A lot of people rolled , tried it, but after a while it is really back to the playsqtyle you like the most and magic might not fit many people who we see playing mages/hybrids atm.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Of course everyone will be a hybrid one way or another. It's literally MO1 with 2-3 characters in one.

I just hope they release spell books years ahead of the schools again and mostly don't deliver on them. ;P

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Of course everyone will be a hybrid one way or another. It's literally MO1 with 2-3 characters in one.

I just hope they release spell books years ahead of the schools again and mostly don't deliver on them. ;P

In the context of combat it's sounding like we will barely get more skillpoints than MO1, if we get any more at all. But yeah everyone is going to have a full crafting character worth of skillpoints on their combat main.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
In the context of combat it's sounding like we will barely get more skillpoints than MO1, if we get any more at all. But yeah everyone is going to have a full crafting character worth of skillpoints on their combat main.
Do we have any official numbers yet?

Floky

Mar 2, 2021
merica
i also agree with this. with how large the map is, and only one character, riding and mounted combat will be almost required. running around the map on foot is painfully slow.

kind of what i was alluding to here. hybrid play (or paladin if you wish) will become a lot more appealing with the current ease of casting with weapons equipped. also mages will want to have shields and weapons to block in a pinch, even without any skills. altogether making almost everyone some type of hybrid. stickybacking will be much harder with everyone having a shield on their backs. there wont be almost any weaponless "free kills" mages in the back lines.
we have one character per account if you don't think that will change how ppl build characters you crazy however I feel like change is not a bad thing mo1 did not have the dev team behind it to be great I feel like in mo2 they have a big enough team to make something great and if there is obvious bugs or broken builds I will give them the benifit of the doubt that they will fix until they don't.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
i understend why taming would be fighting points... but i hope they use the same rational and put lockpicking on crafting points...

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Depends on what you mean with Animal Lore. The Zoologies for different creatures are in the Profession tree. They don't give you extra damage per-se, they reduce the creature control and taming required to tame and control higher level creatures of a type, which in turn means you can get stronger and higher level pets.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
go read
Depends on what you mean with Animal Lore. The Zoologies for different creatures are in the Profession tree. They don't give you extra damage per-se, they reduce the creature control and taming required to tame and control higher level creatures of a type, which in turn means you can get stronger and higher level pets.
go read them again i just did this afternoon it explicitly says it lowers damage received and increses damage given to the animals of the group you studied.
(you also have lore for humanoid races)

what i do not know is if only works on npcs or also on players.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Doesn't matter what the skill description says, that's not how they work.

It also actually says it increases damage and defense for those creatures, not against or towards. So it doesn't explicitly say what you claim it does.

Last edited:

grilo

Aug 12, 2020

It also actually says it increases damage and defense for those creatures, not against or towards. So it doesn't explicitly say what you claim it does.
ph uau realy? that is so braindead i would have never thougt about it that way. xD... remember kids the more you know about ur cat the more stats your cat will have xD.

howeverif you know everything about the creature ur fighting, that doesnt mean you will know how to damage it or avoid damage better from them LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you seem trustworthy so im gona believe this is how it is xD, i just hoped it actualy made sense... LOLOLOLOL

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Hybrids will defo be the most popular option, I don't just mean FW/mage hybrid but MC/FW MA/FW mage/ma etc etc, just because of the limitations we have and how big the map is, everyone will at least try to sneak in some CC and riding. It does absolutely not mean those will be OP or META, in-fact due to everyone playing hybrid builds meta builds are going to be the 'pure' builds simply because how good they are going to be at delivering shit ton of damage to those hybrids. I will probably play a mounted hybrid as my final build anyways just because of the game content and trying to be able to achieve everything in the game.

Rhias

May 28, 2020

Sadly a lot of skill description are outdated and don't say what the skill actually does.
Like e.g. the blocking skill says that it reduced the chance you get knocked down while blocking (or some shit like that, didn't check ingame what it says exactly).
What it does in reality is recuding the damage you take from blocked hits. And that's not mentioned in the skill description at all...

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
Sadly a lot of skill description are outdated and don't say what the skill actually does.
Like e.g. the blocking skill says that it reduced the chance you get knocked down while blocking (or some shit like that, didn't check ingame what it says exactly).
What it does in reality is recuding the damage you take from blocked hits. And that's not mentioned in the skill description at all...

I believe the damage you block isnt related to the skill. It is however a parent skill of blocking endurance I think (despite that it is currently listed under Combat Maneuvering) which reduces the stamina cost of blocking significantly.

Floky

Mar 2, 2021
merica
let's talk about the future development of the game so there are supposed to be 12 schools? (I remember 12 but not, at least I'm sure more than 8 for sure) the melee is supposed to get throwing weapons and a few moves. so from my perspective hybrids look like a good bet so far we have seen ecu hybrids in mo2 and they do alright but what I want ppl to look at is there is a bunch of magic coming out and only a bit of melee stuff that to be honest is kinda meh.

So I believe that hybrids will kinda be the default if not now then more so as time goes no. Right now we only got ecu school and some ppl might not like it but think about when we have "12"(again not sure) schools I am fairly confident that at least 1 school will catch your eye and then you will want to incorporate it into your char. In mo1 the only real big updates for the last few years was magic so maybe in the next few years star vault will focus on magic again so with more schools the greater the chance ppl will want to roll a hybrid or a mage.

I don't think this is a bad thing it may change the meta and change is scary but in the end, It may mean that pure footies are not so great as they are now but so what a pure footie has the DAMAGE BABY vs a hybrid a pure footie will probably hit for more than double a hybrid. Also hybrid doesn't have the weapon diversity of a footie footies can have 3 or 4 different weapons for the different situations so again footies have more diversity and advantages over a hybrid in pvp. To get magic into a build you have to invest a lot of points that is a trade-off like a dex build u go fast but you have bad hp.

My personal feelings after crying my self horse at SV in mo1 I have come to just accept whatever SV gives me and to hope that it is at least fun. I realized that SV has a vision of their game and while we players can affect some underlying balance I feel like the player base has at most only been able to get small tweaks and never really got big balance changes so in the end let's wait and see guys and gals.:LOL:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
ph uau realy? that is so braindead i would have never thougt about it that way. xD... remember kids the more you know about ur cat the more stats your cat will have xD.

howeverif you know everything about the creature ur fighting, that doesnt mean you will know how to damage it or avoid damage better from them LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you seem trustworthy so im gona believe this is how it is xD, i just hoped it actualy made sense... LOLOLOLOL
That's not how it is either. Your cat doesn't become stronger, you can train it to be stronger. Because you know more about cats you can handle stronger and more dangerous cats. So in a way it makes sense.

Reactions: Rhias