Hybrid online.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Meaning, wording is shit, but at least its "Technically correct".

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
oh so the result is just.... less pet points to have it lol... lol i still think knowing about bears should give more defense and damage to those creatures, but hey its just a random idiot with a random opinion

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
oh so the result is just.... less pet points to have it lol... lol i still think knowing about bears should give more defense and damage to those creatures, but hey its just a random idiot with a random opinion
Less pet points required= able to hold a higher level= your animal having more defense and damage, I believe is their thinking and reason for word choice.

Xursed

Mar 14, 2021
a skill point cap and the fix to intelligence scaling should be enough of a nerf.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Well hopefully the intelligence scaling isn't a nerf to anyone...only a buff when you increase your intelligence. If they did it how I proposed in my thread (flatten the curve basically), I'd say things would be about right.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
If mounts are weak, as I hope that they will be, and if MC damage can be parried as in MO1, the only reason for a European to roll a foot fighter over a hybrid will be damage bonus/strength and I think it will be very attractive for them to choose speed over damage since they can parry so effectively. Therefore, I think that there may be many melee/bow/magic hybrids.
With most people only having 1 character, I also think that we will see a lot of people foregoing some of the skills that most characters had in MO1. Aggressive stance, for instance, in order to take archery and/or magic skill.

that's why parry needs to be nerfed. aver a certain damage threshold, parry should not be able to prevent 100% damage, making heavier weapon playstyle on foot more viable.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
that's why parry needs to be nerfed. aver a certain damage threshold, parry should not be able to prevent 100% damage, making heavier weapon playstyle on foot more viable.
I disagree. Heavier weapons are already more viable then they were in MO1. Strength requirements for those weapon has also been lowered compared to MO1. Heavy weapons have their role and they hit hard. If you make it so they damage through a parry...I think they will be overtuned. Everyone says parrying is so stupidly easy and people could just parry each other all day if they wanted, right? So if you make it so heavy weapons do damage through parries...you could argue the heavy weapon user will always have the advantage in a 1v1 fight and a group fight.

I get that it kinda makes sense because they are slower. And it could work eventually. But if you kept the combat the exact same way it is now and just add chip damage...I don't think it would be a good change.

Also I remember in MO1, being a hybrid, I would perfect block a mounted combat and STILL take a good amount of damage. So I couldn't even perfect block him long enough to make it to safety before I died. Its not fun and really hurts light armored users. And its also annoying when there is that one idiot in a group fight with an absurdly heavy weapon that doesn't even have to care if you parry his swing because he is going to damage to you.

Again, it could work. But more things would have to change before.

Reactions: Grasthard