How will being a thief work with teleporting guards?

SwordSwinger69

Dec 7, 2021
I enjoy playing thief/rogue characters in-game and I try not to kill unless its necessary. How will this work when the system is implemented and we have teleporting guards? If I break into something, will a guard just randomly teleport next to me an one hit me?

Reactions: Tzone

Tuhtram

Jul 29, 2021
The Accursed Swamp of Florida
In MO1 you had to be spotted stealing and then shoved for the hidden gray flag to activate and become visible and something the guards would act on, so they probably won’t just teleport next to you if MO2’s system is at all similar.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Alroavin

Sep 5, 2020
Sir, don't you understand that the more complicated the case, the more interesting it is?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Like turhram said, in MO1 when you looked into somones inventory (snoop) they would get a chat message telling them that you were snooping. Then if you took anything they would get a message that you stole. At that point you became hidden gray to them. If they pushed or hit you (pushing was safer in town) you would go grey and guards could be called on you.

snooping was totally legal, so you could go around and look into everyones inventory. But the moment you took something you had to run for your life.

it was actually a good system that kept everyone on their toes. However, you couldnt steal anything over a certain weight, so everyone would just carry large sums of silver (instead of a few gold coins) and it was too heavy to steal. Deeds, horse receipts, pots, and other light stuff was all fair game.i know someone that stole a keep deed 😁 once.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Falcar

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Thief playstyle is dead. If you go grey and aggro guards you lose standing, which has to be gotten back in a really boring and time consuming fashion. So not worth it at all. I shouldn't go grey unless your spotted or fail to steal an item. But a thief if going to go grey eventually, theres no way around it. Which means bye bye standing. Really bad system, hopefully they change it.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
haaa thieving , do we have a date now ?

i just remember the perma purple flag , you stole one thing ? you can be held liable for it till next day ( funny when grey stayed only 2 minute ) and same for resurection , wait for i think it was 10 min to res at blue priest ? instead of two ? :d

thieving was fun ,, but the system wasn't balanced ...