How to alienate your PVP community

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
So this is no lobby game where you log in an just go pvp... this at least should be clear enough by now. It might be your way but very unlikely the way for most playing. PvP is a niche, being a Pk even more so in the pvp niche.

How come all it boils down is pks explaining like 10000 times in this thread 'this is an full loot pvp game' as it is also in the description so all they want to kill without consequences, the need to pve, gear up, build something or have anything to distract from running around murdering, ignoring that not everyone is playing this for being a pk but empire building, real pvp that matters over stuff that matters or for no pvp at all and just enjoy living in a harsh environment where it is enough for them to know not everyone can be a pk because it's hard.

Yet again understand it's frustrating with most of the pvp system not done but making a pk's life easy because of this and turning MO2 into anarchy mode will basically end the game for us all.
I am a PK, I do pve crafting and pvp. everyone I know likes to PK but they do all aspects of the game still.
I have no problem with consequences but just running naked is a bad fucking "mechanic"

this is a niche game for the PK's of the world..

Reactions: Gladiator

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Time for a small break and commercial:

The Elhazrad Shop of Tindrem will deliver weapons to anyone, we do not judge, even outside of cities, just add Mullius and Nullius. Best prices, best quality.

• Wow
Reactions: Jatix and Gladiator

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
Telling your playerbase to just spend 2-3 weeks gathering money and a full week building a fortress before actually PLAYING the game is a sure way of your playerbase leaving set game :)
right hes basically saying save up 3000 gold and all the mats for your own fortress spend weeks grinding mats just to solo pvp in this game thats totally a great system meanwhile blues and just spawn in town and still they bitch when they die LOL its just not worth all that work just to get zerged over and over by people who dont even appreciate the content your giving them

Reactions: Jatix

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
Even PVE is a pain in the ass with this system.
The majority of my playtime was as a blue player, and there was ALWAYS issues like "If i dont go gray at the start of a fight, my friends will die before i can do anything" because 3 blue guys that you cannot touch will go around your mage and he will die in 5 seconds.

And if you tell me to "just go gray then" thats also not valid, because all it takes is 1 single fight to become a murderer. All you have to do is a 5 vs 5 fight thats all. You lightly tap them on the shoulder, they die, you're a murderer. Congratulations, enjoy the walk of shame untill the end of time. Or, build a keep and buy a priest.

You really dont see how this system is flawed and how it drives people away?

It works, yes, it is possible to pve, and to pvp, and to respawn, and everything else is possible. But its a pain in the fucking ass. People dont like pain in the fucking ass, people play games to have fun. When the game is no longer fun because it requires you to walk 30-50 minutes every time you die, people stop playing the game.
i tried to pvp in fab this week with a friend and i went from 26 rep to 12 and i got 0 loot just got zerged over and over and most of my mcs and rep loss were due to people in the zergs i hit once and then 30 mins later i get a random mc rep loss from them guess someone else killed them idk kinda shitty in my opinion why do you get mcs 30 mins later like i didnt even kill the person

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
i agree that the ways we have to walk are to long
But on the other side there is always a way to get a res if you get some friends or if you are on the right Discord. People are selling resses for a few gold

for the 5v5 aspect: most time people try to engage you they are red anyway. So no Mc at all.
thats simply not true every fight i get into i get mcs up the ass i fight wolfpack mcs like crazy i fight brigands mcs like crazy ID mcs i got 15 in the past 2 days fighting in fab against geared players and odinseed zergs still crazy mcs idk what you mean

Skylandyr

Jul 27, 2021
So this is no lobby game where you log in an just go pvp... this at least should be clear enough by now. It might be your way but very unlikely the way for most playing. PvP is a niche, being a Pk even more so in the pvp niche.

How come all it boils down is pks explaining like 10000 times in this thread 'this is an full loot pvp game' as it is also in the description so all they want to kill without consequences, the need to pve, gear up, build something or have anything to distract from running around murdering, ignoring that not everyone is playing this for being a pk but empire building, real pvp that matters over stuff that matters or for no pvp at all and just enjoy living in a harsh environment where it is enough for them to know not everyone can be a pk because it's hard.

Yet again understand it's frustrating with most of the pvp system not done but making a pk's life easy because of this and turning MO2 into anarchy mode will basically end the game for us all.
its simply not worth it tho like building a whole fortress just to give you blue players Content your shitty molarium gear isnt worth having to build an entire fortress just to pvp against zergs and repeat i just want to gear up in town and go pvp but no game doesnt let us do that what ever you guys can have fun in your 1k max pop game

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
right hes basically saying save up 3000 gold and all the mats for your own fortress spend weeks grinding mats just to solo pvp in this game thats totally a great system meanwhile blues and just spawn in town and still they bitch when they die LOL its just not worth all that work just to get zerged over and over by people who dont even appreciate the content your giving them
Not to mention, when sieging comes all those zerg guilds are gonna go flex their e peen and siege all the "griefers" so they quit and they can farm the gy happily ever after

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Telling your playerbase to just spend 2-3 weeks gathering money and a full week building a fortress before actually PLAYING the game is a sure way of your playerbase leaving set game :)
Telling your players to play the game so the can play the game.. what? guess what. Building bases is part of the game loop. Thats a weird call out

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Telling your players to play the game so the can play the game.. what? guess what. Building bases is part of the game loop. Thats a weird call out
To be honest, when there were red priests, solo bandits did have another and shorter game loop - with less content and options, but still...

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Let's face facts no one who is known pvper in MMOs considers MO to be a serious pvp game.

Until such time as mechanics are changed to allow elite soloists to escape zergs win outnumbered and combat relies on more than just melee rushing it will not change and nor will the game experience any increase in popularity.
in mo1, the best pvp guild was winning 15 vs 40 all the time ... by using terrain & tactics ... pvpers in mo2 are quite new, and basically just want to clash & rush the backline to 100-0 a fragile target who won't even fight back.
Sometimes one group try a group tactic and fail .. therefore concluding it's not viable ...
oh yeah ! the tunnel vision all-solo groups will go on for a long time.