HotFix Patch 0.1.13.11 Discussion

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Added

• Added a dock to the north coast that has been overrun by bandits.
  • Added a rescue mission task to the Tindrem task vendor.
  • Added Walking Dead Generals to the Myrland Graveyards.
  • Added a new pickable to the Jungle.

Changes

• New characters no longer start at level 10 Clade Gifts.
  • Poleswords now drain less stamina.
  • Poleswords now have a slightly faster swing speed.
  • Decoration mode now automatically exits if you leave the house that you are decorating.
  • Modified the Haven tutorial start message.
  • In character creation, players now get 25 attribute points to allocate. Additionally Str, Dex and Con is set to a minimum of 50.
  • Players no longer re-enter combat mode automatically when swapping weapons or shields.

Fixes

• Fixed issue with moving items from a bank or in bags, resulting in an item copy being left behind.
  • Updated a lot of the decoration icons so that they don’t all use the exact same icon.
  • Updated tool tips for decoration chests.
  • Fixed issue that made it possible to place guild chests in houses when they should have only been placable in keeps.
  • Fixed issue with the fancy chest that made it impossible to use.
  • Fixed bad tooltips for hints.
  • Improved loading times of decorations. This will fix the issue with decorations not appearing in very crowded areas.
  • Fixed issue where you could buy a pet on the broker but wouldn’t get the pet.
  • Fixed walkable rivers.
  • Capes and Khurite Banners should no longer flicker when at the border of the screen. The bounds check is slightly more expensive but necessary.
  • Fixed issue where trying to dominate a tamable pet the ‘hold CTRL for other option’ was using the ‘Walk’ keybind instead of CTRL as intended.
  • Fixed issue where spells would target yourself when holding the ‘Thrust modifier’ key, even though there's a keybind for self casting.
  • Fixed situations where you could place decorations halfway into certain walls inside of Strongholds and Keeps.
  • More fixes have been made to the aggro system.
  • Fixed issues with stacking not updating icons correctly.
  • Fixed bug where buff timers would get stuck at a very high number.
  • Fixed bug where hovering pet skills would sometimes use the skills.
  • Fixed message when getting healed.
  • Fixed bug causing buff borders to sometimes be too large.
  • Fixed bug where players and other humanoids would sometimes not grab their weapon after entering combat mode causing them to fight empty handed.
  • Clade gift 'Alvarin Sight' now displays the whole character including equipment.

Optimizations

• Removed deprecated feet-down detection in character animation that were only wasting cycles.
  • Multiple optimizations in character animation logic, such as reducing complexity based on character mesh LOD and distance checks.
  • Player and creature body physics (the jiggly stuff) are now handled separately from the main animation graph and are removed completely beyond a set distance instead of being paused. Physics is also removed when equipping armor parts instead of being paused.
  • Replaced expensive character bone lookup with cheaper version when requesting positions.
  • Replaced look-at animation nodes in the engine with brand new better performing ones.
  • Improved look-at search logic for characters (how characters find what to look at). Behavior is now on the animation thread instead of the main thread.
  • Reduced UI overhead when updating tooltips and text for frequent changes like stamina, mana and health updates.
  • Reduced UI overhead when updating crosshair target information and color.
  • Reduced the update cost of armor props next to the vendor in Meduli.
  • Reduced the update cost of armor crafting benches. Visible armor parts computed their own render bounds instead of using the bench render bounds.
  • Multiple adjustments to character mesh updates to reduce overhead.
  • Fixed issue with armor parts and other "lesser" animated objects being based on an unnecessary costly animation update path instead of having their own path.
  • Fixed issue with bows ticking their animation even when not used. The bow animation performance when ticking has also been improved.
  • Reduced the transform overhead on character audio components (used when playing voice sounds like grunts or greetings).
  • Reduced cost of spawning and removing weather effects and finding their spawn locations in the world.
  • Improved female soft body physics performance.
  • Character fur now uses the render bounds of the body.
  • Pet equipment now uses the same optimizations as the player equipment does.
  • Removed deprecated dynamic shadow adjustment on characters.
  • Improve undead animation performance slightly.

Shame to hear that the guild chest is not usable in a house.

Is there some other type of shared chest for houses?

Small groups need some love here as well.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Shame to hear that the guild chest is not usable in a house.

Is there some other type of shared chest for houses?

Small groups need some love here as well.
The issue becomes: If shared storages like that are enabled for guilds, in look of the "small groups", big guilds will be able to plot small houses all over the map with chests and that has some serious drawbacks.

I think the philosophy is that if a guild wants a base, they need to work together for a stronghold?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Should be a way to override the starting attributes for players that know what they're doing. Just wasting more of people's time making them have to squirt themselves on repeat using macros to get their int up

Tzone

May 16, 2021
really need the guild chest in strongholds all you are doing is making it really annoying to play the game.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Most titles are either disabled in Haven or removed or hidden. I don't know what SV did, but there are only very few titles visible in the list of titles to earn.

About the clade gift point: We start without any points now (which I like for release) and the first clade point requires 100 points, means 20 walking dead if SV didn't change the value 5 per walking dead with the current patch.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Welcome back THE GENERAL! The clade gift thing is prolly gonna be super wack, like some guy on steam said, what do ye if you are a crafter?

I'm cool w/ GY stuffz but this seems like it might make people getting PK'd in the GY even more ragey. I thought they'd at least give us SOME clade levels to start.

Edit: shouldn't you get clade exp for crafting like, maxing a lore or something? :eek:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The clade gift thing is prolly gonna be super wack, like some guy on steam said, what do ye if you are a crafter?

Edit: shouldn't you get clade exp for crafting like, maxing a lore or something? :eek:

Nobody is a crafter only! Everybody can get some clade gifts just by running through the graveyard. The first clade gift needs 100 points = 20 walking dead, the second 200, then 400 and 800 (if I remember the old values right, I just rerolled yesterday and did not finish the first level yet). 700 points = 120 walking dead are easy going even for "crafters". And for some clade gifts about crafting you don't need much more clade gifts.

But I like your idea to get points for maxing a crafting skill (once).

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Nobody is a crafter only! Everybody can get some clade gifts just by running through the graveyard. The first clade gift needs 100 points = 20 walking dead, the second 200, then 400 and 800 (if I remember the old values right, I just rerolled yesterday and did not finish the first level yet). 700 points = 120 walking dead are easy going even for "crafters". And for some clade gifts about crafting you don't need much more clade gifts.

yea I mean w/ genny back I'll def be poking around the GY, but it was just something someone said on forums. Was talkin' about black n white with someone re: dubious actions, I think clade, rep, etc are all very black and white as well. But yea walkers can be kilt even in haven. I still think you should start with some points though.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Guild chests on small houses, they making small guilds progression to be dog ass.
Guild chest in Strongholds and keeps is the best its no very difficult at all for like 4 to 5 people to farm the mats and gold for a stronghold, we did it for a keep in like 4 days.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Guild chest in Strongholds and keeps is the best its no very difficult at all for like 4 to 5 people to farm the mats and gold for a stronghold, we did it for a keep in like 4 days.
I really don't see a reason to why limit the use of small houses, when they could benefit small crews. Stronghold yeah why not, any group can farm overtime and place one but a keep is a completly different thing, keeps are zerg and nutcup content so thats not ment for small crews.

I think the game should look towards generating a rich diversity of groups instead of zerg guilds and nutcups. The benefits of having large groups are obvious but theres no features to help small groups progress.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
The issue becomes: If shared storages like that are enabled for guilds, in look of the "small groups", big guilds will be able to plot small houses all over the map with chests and that has some serious drawbacks.

I think the philosophy is that if a guild wants a base, they need to work together for a stronghold?
I second this. as an argument to not make shared storage in all houses.

Edit: also to keep people transporting. This makes the world alive and filled with people who are not all looking for a fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nisse and Nefnate

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

I honestly don't even know what the guild chest does. Surely house players don't need a guild bank type of set up.

But we should at least have containers that we can set different permissions on for our houses.

I should be able to leave things out for friends/wife and guild members to use and access.

As well as be able to leave things out for anyone that enters my house.

In the first game I had a box open to everyone and even had a guest book in there that visitors could right stuff on.

I also had trusted friends that I gave access to other chests and such as well. This allowed us to easily trade and use the storage how ever we seen fit.

Having the house being limited to only my use seems odd for a game that prides itself on being about player interaction and cooperation.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021

From what I have seen, its 100, 120, 130, 310, 340. Not sure I have it in me to keep chewing away at this, and the breakdown from 1-5 makes me wonder as to whether the level of the previously selected glade gift influxes the next level point cost. I chose a level 1, then a level 2, a level 3, a level 2, and a level 3.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
From what I have seen, its 100, 120, 130, 310, 340. Not sure I have it in me to keep chewing away at this, and the breakdown from 1-5 makes me wonder as to whether the level of the previously selected glade gift influxes the next level point cost. I chose a level 1, then a level 2, a level 3, a level 2, and a level 3.

You are probably right, my failure to think the values double per level. Meanwhile I got the first clade point, and the next goes for 120 leveling points. The values look strange in case of a jump from 130 to 310, but maybe StarVault wants us to get the first three points pretty fast and then slows down the leveling speed very much.

From another char I got the information 1650 points from clade point 12 to 13.

Reactions: Najwalaylah